We stayed at the Hilton for 6 nights at the end of August 07. We booked an exec room and the one we got was excellent - on the 4th floor with a balcony and beautiful views over the sea and the old town. Our room was at the side facing the town which is preferable to the front which overlooks the road. The staff were lovely although they gave an inital impression of dourness (made us feel right at home!).
The room was exellent with all the usual stuff. The exec lounge was pleasant and served drinks and nibbles all day. Breakfast could be taken in the lounge or the main restaurant. We chose the main restaurant - more choice and we could sit outside.
This is not a hotel for a beach type holiday - no outside pool, no sun loungers etc, but if you want a beach holday I can think of lots of better places than Dubrovnik. Some even have beaches.
The hotel is 100 yards from the entrance to the old town which is what we came for.
Excellent eating at Nautica, Arsenal ,and if you want a quick pizza the Domino by the church of the same name was fine. Dubrovnik itself is beautiful but gets very overcrowded when the tour boats are in town. Musts include walking the walls, the cathedral and the two monasteries. There are lots of concerts in the churches etc - we managed one which was an hours worth of enjoyable light classics.
Lokrum is a great escape with a pleasant cafe (great iced coffee)and restaurant (excellent pasta) and lovely walks.
Cavcat was so nice we went twice. Great walks round the bay - Leut restaurant was terrific for a long liquid fuelled lunch. Took a walk over to the Excelsior hotel just round the bay from the Hilton which seemed very pleasant. Hiked in to Lapad/Babin Kuk which didn't impress me at all.
Would highly recommend the Hilton and Dubrovnik for sight seeing, a bit of culture, sunshine, and some lovely walks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton