“What a great place to stay for 5 days”

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Our expectations were high as this is a 5 star hotel. We were not disappointed in the least and we had a wonderful 5 days in this classic hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant.
Our room on the 3rd floor overlooked old Dubrovnik and was spacious, very comfortable and quiet. We ate out in the evenings but can certainly recommend the buffet breakfasts which offered a wide choice of international and local options.
February in Dubrovik is a great time to go as you have space to yourselves and with cloudless skies and temperatures each day of 19-20C the city was idyllic.
The Imperial Hotel is right next to the Pile Gate so walking is easy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2011

Our room was lovely and the view of the Adriatic sea and old town stunning. Its just 100m from the Old Town We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to an executive room on the top floor of this grand hotel that was refurbished to a very high standard back in 2008. My only gripe was an additional (pricey) charge for wifi which seems a bit petty these days. Great rooms. Lovely breakfast with a wide choice. Good gym and smallish indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Some 5 stay hotels can be intimidating, not so this one. From the moment we arrived till our 'free' late check out nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We only had to hesitate anywhere and someone would ask if they could help. English is widely spoken by everyone. Situation isbrilliant, walking distance to one of the most beautiful cities in the world.The choice at breakfast is fantastic. I used the pool every day and had it to myself (around 5 in the afternoon after sightseeing, a lovely way to unwind). Only one very small suggestion is that I think wifi ought to be free and it isn't. Travelled with friends so 4 in all and spent 4 nights here as part of a British Airways package which was wonderful value for money. We've never been so relunctant to leave a holiday destination before whole time here was simply magical. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank raffles4876
Reviewed 23 January 2011

The Hilton is located only a few steps away from the old town. I stayed there off-season, and it sometimes seemed like we were the only guests (although we obviously were not). The service level was simply outstanding. The waiter remembered what I took on the first day, and served my preferences before I even went to the buffet on the second day. The room was clean, and huge. And compared to other places I went with the same quality, the price was a bargain (around 100 USD), though it might change when the season comes. The advice the staff gives is top notch.... A must go if you go to Dubrovnik ! (only advice to management : increase slightly the pressure on the showers... beyond that, a perfect stay)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tensaibuta
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Great location,great staff,great views.Booked for 20th anniversary exec room but on arrival was told exec lounge was closed due to lack of guests,my plan was to enjoy drinks etc overlooking the old city and Adriatic and really enjoy the experience and sights which I believe many come here for, sitting in the hallway lounge near reception sort of lost the charm and feel.The hotel I believe should inform guests prior to arrival if the services are not available then they can chose to stay or go else where.The manager on duty was fantastic in trying to help as were all staff but I don't think they got the fact I was after an experience not just a hard bed to sleep on.The room itself was fine with a nice balcony.location was perfect in this stunning little town ,just be aware you may not get what you pay extra for,great shame that a Hilton can not provide what they advertise.I hope this is just a one off because it has every thing going for it and could be imperial with a bit of effort.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wilhelmina
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We spent Christmas Eve night in Dubrovnik as a last minute decision. I checked hotel prices briefly online to get an idea, but didn't have the time to book. On arrival, we were quoted a room rate (we needed 3 rooms) that was double what the online offer was. The staff were very nice, but said they couldn't let us have the online rate. I then went to an internet cafe a five minute walk away and booked the rooms online. The staff were fine with our having done that.
I know that we got the smallest rooms, etc., as often happens with online booking, but our rooms were still lovely. We were brought a beautiful plate of sweets, I assume, because it was Christmas Eve.
The hotel is in an old building that has been beautifully restored and it was spotless. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was exceptional. An underground parking garage is available and we were not even charged since we were only staying for one night.
Overall, it was a wonderful hotel and I'd love to return to spent a longer time at some point in the future!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Toni S
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Excellent hotel within short walk to the Pile Gate of the Old City. The best complimentary breakfast I have ever seen. The indoor pool area is luxurious and the staff aim to please. We were even provided breakfast to go by the staff when they learned our flight departed before the breakfast buffet opened in the AM. I would say this was the best hotel stay I have ever had anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple