“Clean and very average but very cheap”
Review of Hotel Ivka

Hotel Ivka
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a quick stop over from Montenegro, it was cheap and one of the only ones we could get in to at late notice.

The hotel was clean but very basic, I had a problem in the morning where another travler staying at the hotel came in to my room and stole a few items.

I have to say the hotel handled it very well called the police and had the chap arrested very quickly.

So fair play to the manager.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris A

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was fine and clean and included a buffet breakfast (not the best on the trip but not bad). The location wasn't great as it was a walk to the bus stop to get into the old town, and we ended up walking to lapud bay two evenings for dinner. Also the bed was just two single beds (with wood bed frames) pushed together which made for an unromantic end to our honeymoon. The staff were very helpful and booked a cab for our early morning flight home, and called when the cab arrived.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of my worst hotel choices in all of Eastern Europe.

I was surprised by the poor impression left on me by Hotel Ivka, espescially after reading almost entirely positive reviews on here.

The first thing that put me offside was the way Im was treated at check-in.

I was downgraded to a single bed on arrival as I was on my own - despite having pre paid for the double room and dinner included (so I had technically paid for two dinners as well) I was told it was not possible to have a double room as a single person. This was a bit confusing for me, maybe it was their attempt to stop me bringing someone back to my room?

The room as small and basic, but in it's defense it was very clean.

Next the included dinner, in a word - terrible!
The chicken soup appeared to be hot water with a chicken stock cube and a dash of oil, not even up to two minute noodle quality, and the main courses, well lets just say I ended up venturing out for dinner.

The staff mostly speak reasonable English, except when you ask where your change from your drinks is - another lesson learnt, pay correct cash, or they will assume the change is a tip, even if it's more than the cost of the drinks!

This was the worst service in Dubrovnik and maybe all of Croatia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FiverACT
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A nice hotel - definitely recommended!

PROS
1. They bumped us up to a better room, since the place was fairly full
2. Incredibly good breakfast spread, gratis!
3. Good connectivity to the old town
4. Excessively cheerful but helpful staff :)
5. Very spacious room with an attached terrace and great view

CONS
1. Wifi connectivity was terrible

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was proper and in good conditions. The food also was very good. The only thing is that the staff wasn't friendly. Anyway in a general view i think that the hotel it was worthy, maybe i return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank e_b198805
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed one night prior to boarding our cruise. We had a room with a balcony at the back of the hotel, it was clean and very quiet. The room was small but suited our purposes. Breakfast was good and the receptionist was very helpful in directing us to the bus stop(s) going to the Old Town and in getting us a taxi to Port Gruz. Hotel is a short distance from a walking path along the water front where some very nice restaurants are located.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gripbic45
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great hotel stayed 06/04/2014 very clean and comfortable, Booked a double room and was given room with two single beds - receptionist not very helpful in explaining why the room booked was not offered.
Great breakfast everything was freshly cooked and made.

East access to the old town

Room Tip: All rooms have large balcony ask for 214
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends