“Location couldn't be better.”

Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town
Ranked #148 of 502 Speciality Lodging in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Hostel Marker last month for two nights. My friend had been before and recommended it. The location is it's real selling point, right beside the beautiful Pile Bay and a stones throw from Pile Gate. Marko and Martin were both very friendly and helpful. The only downside is that it's a little difficult to find, I was really confused but I called the desk and Martin came to get me. The dorm room was small and basic but that doesn't bother me. It was well air conditioned so no suffering from the crazy heat. Accommodation is expensive in Dubrovnik, however Hostel Marker strikes a decent balance between cost and location. It has to be the closest hostel to old town in the city, if not definitely one of them. If I return to Dubrovnik I'll most definitely stay there again. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights after a week or so of hostelling in Croatia.
There were only twin rooms available but my room (shared) was clean, comfortable and overlooked the water.
Bathroom was small but clean and shared with one other room only.
Reception staff (Martin) very helpful and friendly, carried my bag for me and pointed us towards all the highlights.

Room Tip: Room 2 in the other block has a nice sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 0001Wanderer0001
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at hostel marker during the first part of our visit to Croatia. On arriving to the country we found out our bags were lost in transit. Martin and Marco, the front of hourse, were a wonderful help to us. They not only called the airport for us on numerous occasions untill we got our bags but lent my boyfriend clothing and shoes as he only had the jeans he wore on the plane. We are pretty sure that the clothing came from their own closets. They also let us sunscreen so we wouldnt have to go buy a bottle. Fantastic location. The only downside was that the air conditioning was located in the hall, not our room and that there was no common area. Wifi was available in the kitchen but we could not get it in our room.

We would 100% stay there again if we ever need a budget accommodation in Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I chose to spend more money and rent a private room (so I had to pay the cost of 2 people) at this hostel over renting an apartment in a similar location because I wanted the atmosphere and services (tours) of a hostel. However, there was only a hostel office to check-in at, no central area to hang out in so it isn't conducive for meeting people. The room itself was very simple and rustic, but fairly clean. It was quite warm but there was a fan that kept things cool enough. The shared bathroom and showers weren't the greatest but they were cleaned regularly. The location cannot be better, and the tours that the hostel arranged (Amico tour co.) were great. The gentlemen who run the hostel were very nice and helpful. They really couldn't have been more lovely, and they checked in on me regularly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Shared a room with 6 friends and two other randoms were in another room, sharing a bathroom and kitchen with us.

Bathroom is a bit squashy and can get messy when there are a lot of people, kitchen is okay.

Rooms were average, bit squashy for 6.

However great location, beach 100m away, 300m from supermarket and old town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph93047
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed with a friend for a few nights July 2013. The location is excellent, right beside the beach and the old town. The owner and other staff were very helpful and friendly, happy to provide advice on where to go and what to do. The room was disappointing however, not really enough room for two people and with fold out beds. I would stay again if I could be sure of getting a better room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here for 1 nights. My room was very clean and well equipped. The bathroom was also lovely and very clean. Check in wasn't until 1.30pm but Marko let me leave my bags there for a few hours which was a relief!
The hostel has a great location, just beside the Pile Gate and also a 5 min walk to the bus to the airport which is handy! Marko and Martin also provided me with recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing which were excellent. I would def recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo