Rixos Hotel Libertas
Hotel Splendid(Dubrovnik)(Great Value!)
US$166
TripAdvisor
2,038 results
All reviewspool areasea viewold townguest servicesminute walksun loungersfive star hotelbuffet restaurantfantastic hotelsuperior roombathroom floorturn down servicehotel facilitiesmini barlarge balconypublic areasout of season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We booked at the Rixos for five nights and upon arrival informed us that we had booked a double-but-somehow-single room and would have to pay an extra surcharge for the second person. They upgraded us to a sea view which did turn out to be lovely, though. Room was large but the balcony door did not lock which prompted us to always lock everything in the safe. The pool area was very nice and drinks service was great while lounging.
We ordered room service for dinner on one occasion and it went to the wrong room. Once I called asking where the food was they said it would be another 20 minutes because they had to remake the food! We were also missing towels on one day which we luckily noticed before either of us showered.
The location is lovely with a 15 minute walk to the Old Town.
Service during breakfast was probably the worst. We were often trying to find cutlery when we sat outside to eat and one day were not even offered tea or coffee. Another day we couldn't find any spoons anywhere.
Overall we had an enjoyable time but the several little things really bring down the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: The sea view is actually very worth it!
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I started my Croatia travel in beautiful Dubrovnik with 4 nights at Rixos. Great location 15-20 min walk from old town in beautiful landscape. Good breakfast gave a good start on the day. be AWARE of when you order room on Rixos by Hotels.com the room is nothing like the picture. in fact they have no picture of standard room but have used pic of superior room for ilustration of standard room, picture of a suite for ilustartion of the superior room . I ordered a superior room after looking at the illustration pictures. When i got my room witch didnt match the photo at all i took my computer with to the front desk and they could tell me that all room categories had gotten "upgrade" on the pictures on Hotels.com. Witch made me angry, and i have coplained to Hotels.com by mail, since phonecall didnt help.
Well anyway the hallway in the hotel had a smell of old, ore something, and the air in the hallway also affected my alergies. My room was clean. Nice bathroom , great roomservice during my stay. My room was on the very right hand of the hotel and no sun on the balcony when i came back to the room in the afternoon. The pool was only half full of whater. not sure if they filled it during my stay. I will go back to Dubrovnik but not stay at Rixos again. Because i felt it overprized when the picture did not match the room , the smell in the hallwais, no sun on the balcony in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Standard room have no balcony. Superior room have balcony but rooms on the right side of the hotel does not get sun in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tombh
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Good value, good hotel. The view is very beautiful and room was very nice. I liked the spa very much. I tried a facial and massage, both were nice. Only thing that wasn´t a five star, was the service at breakfast.

1  Thank Moisku
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had no problems on arrival, staff were friendly and our room was ready even though it was only midday. Room was a good size, clean and comfortable with a beautiful view over the sea. Great location, 15min walk to the old town. Pool area was nice and lunch/drinks services were good there. Terrace bar was nice setting for a few drinks in the evening. We used the spa a couple of times which was relaxing and kept very well.

The bad points are that room decor, towels and linen are in need of update, they are quite worn. The worst issue was the service in the buffet restaurant. Breakfast tables were either not set or missing basic things and staff unattentive and avoid eye contact for fear of being asked for something. I could have given them some sympathy if it was busy, but they were chatting, or would just take their time. Same issue at dinner. I can't imagine how much more frustrating the service would be in high season when the hotel was full.

We got a good all inclusive deal with Thompson and we did not expect it to be 5 star as we know it, so could make some allowences for that, the hotel has some good points. But the issues above, particularly service, could make a huge difference to the overall experience. Would give it 3/4 star.

1  Thank BrendaW473
Reviewed 25 September 2012

had a fantastic stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous. The spa facility was magnificent. the food here was by far the best on our holiday in Croatia and surrounding countries. We will definitely return to this hotel.

1  Thank Caroline M