2,268 results
All reviewspool areasea viewold townguest servicessun loungersfive star hotelbuffet restaurantbathroom floorfantastic hotelsuperior roommini barhotel facilitieslarge balconyplenty of sunbedsout of seasonpublic areashalf board
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Good hotel in an splendid location, not far from the old town of Dubrovnik. Very friendly and good service.
Splendid views and scenery, only the quality of the restaurant a little bit unsatisfactory (breakfast ok)
Beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: Try the higher floors for the view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at the Rixos for a week from 13th October and thought it was lovely. Agreed that it isn't really up to the standards that you would expect from a 5* hotel, but there isn't really anything to complain about. The hotel staff were very kind to us and agreed to upgrade us to a sea view/balcony room free of charge, rather than the classic room which overlooks the carpark! They took pity on us as our travel agents messed up our booking, which I thought was very generous considering they were taking the hit. Yes, there was always something missing from our table at breakfast, either spoons, mugs, salt and pepper, but it didn't take much to simply ask for it. Breakfast was fantastic, so much choice and plenty of it, never ran out of anything. We didn't eat in the hotel bar breakfast as very expensive. Loved our room and spacious big bed, although bathroom not that private, but not an issue if a couple. For some reason the outdoor pool didn't have water in for half of our stay, but sea still lovely and warm and far nicer anyway! Air conditioning didn't work, but having read previous review, it appears they turn it off after 15th Oct! We slept with our balcony door open every night! There is a beautiful beach just around the corner. Take a right out of the front doors and down the side of the hotel - incredibly clear water and has the sun until mid-late afternoon. Only 15 min walk into town, easier going there but helped on the way back by stopping for a very strong cocktail at the Art Cafe halfway up the hill! I would definitely stay at this hotel again and don't feel it deserves the bad reviews it has.

Room Tip: DEFINITELY pay the extra for a sea view room...the view is stunning and it's lovely to spend a relaxing morning in the sun before exploring in the afternoon. No sun in the afternoon though.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loosea
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We've just returned from spending 3 nights in this hotel. It was a bit far from the Old Town, but is walkable in about 15-20 minutes. The lobby and rooms were attractive. Our room and bathroom were a good size. However,,,,,,,we were disappointed in a number of things at his hotel. The bathtub took forever to drain, the lighting in the bathroom very poor, and if you are there after October 15, you can expect there will be no more air conditioning. We arrived on Oct 14th and all was well. When the temperature of the room wouldn't cool down more than to 26 degrees Celcius the next day I inquited at the front desk. I was told they "were working on it". However when the heat in our room continued yet another day I wasn't so sure they were trying to get it fixed. The poor staff in the diningroom were so uncomfortable in the heat as well. We finally found out that it was hotel policy to turn the air conditioning off in the whole building once Oct 15 came along. The weather outside was still hot, so that made the building very muggy and almost unbearable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed at Rixos for 5 nights 2 on our own and 3 with tour group.Could not fault the hotel,staff were helpful and courteous,breakfasts were very nice with a great variety.We did not have other meals in the hotel as we were sightseeing most of the time.The room was very comfortable, if you don't mind seeing people in the shower .The view from the room was beautiful and i really enjoyed swimming in the Adriatic,just down the lift to water level,down the sea steps and your in the water. Can walk to old town in about half an hour[with a broken ankle] or catch a bus.The weather was quite warm and our room was very comfortable and we didn't even notice there was no air conditioning in the restaurant.Would suggest you take a portable clothes line as there is not one in the room.Would certainly stay again and have no problem in referring it to anyone.

Room Tip: Suggest you get a room with sea views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sav48
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I made the mistake of reading these reviews about the hotel the night before we were to travel over to Croatia so I was slightly concerned what to expect. However, when we arrived I was really pleasantly surprised. Our hotel room was lovely and the views overlooking the sea were stunning.
- Food in hotel was ok
- Service took a little getting used to but when we realised that the Croatian Culture is somewhat different to the UK service we were much more realxed. On first impressions they can come across a little abrubpt and we were a little confused but we found it was the same everywhere. My husband and I decided to take it upon ourselves as a challenge to make friends with some of the staff and they really became lovely and friendly. We found that the more rude and frustrated people got the more the staff avoided them so it's a no brainer to go in and make friends with them. You are on holiday after all
- Walk to the Old Town was only 15 minute walk so from the sounds of things a taxi ride is about the same. We walked in almost every night and loved the fact that we could walk our food off. We also loved the fact that our hotel was out of the touristy area.
- The spa facilities were excellent. I knew they had spa treamenets which I took the liberty of experiencing. However, it was only on the 2nd to last day that I came across the free spa facilities that were available to hotel residents. We only had 1 cloudy day so I took myself off to enjoy them and it was fantastic.
- No Wifi in rooms but as we were on holiday it gaves us a break from checking our emails. I can understand it being an issue if we were there for business purposes but as it was a holiday, it was good news.
- We would recommend going to Dubrovnik as it is beautiful (has an Italian feel to landscape). We went towards the end of September and the weather was really hot. Apparently the heat was unusual at that time of year.
Room was really lovely and I would definitely suggest getting a room with sea views. If you can be bothered to get up early it is a lovely sun rise. Bathroom facilities aren't very private so make sure you're comfortable with the person you are sharing with.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple