Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
US$280
US$264
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Hotel Lapad(Dubrovnik)
US$326
US$243
2,163 results
All reviewsold townpool areasea viewlovely hotelguest servicessun loungersfive star hotelhalf boardbuffet restaurantsuperior roombathroom floormini barhotel facilitiesplenty of sunbedspublic areaslarge balconyout of season
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We took a four day trip at the end of October. Good time to go with great weather although still crowded with cruise ships. The hotel is very nice and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. However the rooms are beginning to look a little shabby. I guess the hotel was built 10-15 years ago and has not had a lot done to it since. The bathrooms are really nice with glass screens between them and the bedroom area (there are blinds if you are feeling shy!). Unfortunately some of the detailing has not been thought through (I am an architect so apologies for the nit picking!). The water from the shower head (which is massive) collects on a shelf, it has penetrated the silicone and caused the MDF shelf to the other side of the glass to swell. If this is happening throughout the hotel it will be a massive job to rectify. The shower screen is a little too small and water from the shower goes all over the floor. Despite that, and it is just me being an architect, the hotel is well located with most rooms having a sea view and balcony. There is an indoor and outdoor pool which we used and a spa which we didn't. It is a 20 minute walk into town but there are buses if you feel the need. The breakfasts are great with a massive choice and there is an open terrace next to the bar for those balmy evening nightcaps. All in all I would go back should we ever re-visit Dubronik.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gary R
Ena Z, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your comment.
We want to inform You that we have taken all necessary steps in bathrooms so we can prevent soaking the bathroom floor whilst showering. Also, we are glad to hear that You liked our hotel and staff. We hope to have you back soon. Best regards.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We took a 4 day vacation at the end of September and beginning of October. It was the perfect time to go - a bit less crowded, still had amazing weather, and the prices were a bit cheaper. Rixos was a great place to stay during our time here. We had great views of the sea and the access to jump in and swim (quite cold!). The outdoor bar was great and allowed us to spend lots of time just relaxing and soaking in the sun. It's about a 20 minute walk in to the old town, but was nice to be a bit tucked away from that area. The room was really spacious and very clean. They have a great variety for breakfast which kept us very full for our explorations! However, I would venture in the the old town for other meals. We had dinner one evening at the hotel, and it was okay - way too expensive for what it was. The spa access was a nice perk as well. The service was very good and everyone was very friendly and helpful. If we make it back to Dubrovnik, I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Beautiful hotel, built on the cliff side overloolking the bay. But unlike most hotel, the reception & restaurants on the upper levels with the rooms on the lower floors with pools, sauna and health centre on the ground floor at sea level. Staff are accommodating and helpful with the rooms of a very high quality. Ideally located for a walk into Dubrovnik 'old' city and all it's restaurants and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: over looking the bay
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malxmclean
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our honeymoon in September. And after reading review on this site we thought its very expensive but sure why not spoil ourselves sure its our honeymoon after all.
When we arrived we were upgraded straight away to a room on the second floor over looking the pool and sea. This room looked fine not 5star but nice and big. The one thing we noticed was a SMELL coming from the drains which was unpleasant to say the least. I mentioned this to the staff and was told they would put some air freshener in the room. They did spray the room but the following morning the smell returned.
We said let just leaving it and enjoy the sights so not to make a fuss.
Moving on to my heading!! On our last night I was awoken to the sound of russeling coming from the area were the hotel had left fruit for us. I thought someone was breaking in so all I could do was grab a pencil beside the bed and turn the light on. I jumped up and moved to the living area only to be greeted by a large Black RAT on the table.
This was discussing as we had been eating from this fruit that day. I felt sick. It jumped off the table and ran to the washroom area and ran up the pipe under the sink. I called the hotel and the sent to guys up to look for it ( like its going to hang around) when they could find it they left. My wife and I were freaked out so I started to look around more to see what traces of proof I could find. Which I did fine rat dropping and to my surprise a apple from the basket under the sink with bite marks all over a bruised part of the apple. I pick it up and placed in the middle of the washroom. 5 minutes later a rat returned and took the apple back under the sink this show the size of the rodent.
We call the hotel again a this time we moved to another room at 4am.
The next day I told the hotel I didn't think we should pay for the last nights stay €500 but they would not accommodate us they did give us a free spa treatment valued around €80.
I never bother to write review but this just pissed me off the staff were so dismissive of what happened to us and just wanted us off of the hotel to not to inform other guests.
The staff even said it must of been a mice which I repy does it really matter you've rodents in your hotel and that must of been one strong mouse to carry a apple.

Ok sorry if you've booked to stay here maybe we just got unlucky but when you pay this kind of money this is not what you expect.

P.s we loved the town and the rest of Croatia

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank ShaneSixx
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friend and I had been traveling for a week in Croatia before we checked into Rixos. After staying in some okay and not so okay hotels, this place was like finding Mecca. Air conditioning! Bath robes! Rain shower! View of the Sea! Girls bringing drinks on roller skates by the pool! It is a bit of a walk from Old Town, but it's quiet and not as loud and crowded. They have a really great breakfast too. Lots of options and very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends