2,326 results
All reviews pool area sea view old town guest services minute walk sun loungers five star hotel buffet restaurant superior room fantastic hotel mini bar large balcony out of season plenty of sunbeds public areas large hotel half board
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The hotel's biggest asset must be the views. Right from the moment when you walk in to reception you have a view of the deep blue sea through the far windows. I think almost all rooms have a direct view of the sea and I must say the view from our room with the balcony lined with flowers made it a pleasure to wake up and take in the scenery.

The hotel room was plenty large enough with a large glass-walled bathroom (presumably to enjoy the view from the bath/shower). The room was clean but a little bare and the decor was becoming a tad shabby, though nothing worth taking a photo of to post on here; just a few scuffs on the walls / small stains on the sofa cushion etc. The TV was an LCD affair but it was small and there wasn't anything worth watching in English on it, but then the weather was so perfect we never had the opportunity to wish there was anything to watch. The room was always well cleaned when we returned.

The gym is fantastic and I think all but the hardiest fanatics can have a very good workout there. There are multiple swimming options too including a large outdoor pool and then steps down to the sea. There's no beach though, just some rocks. There are plenty of sun loungers but it does become busy. There are staff on roller skates to bring drinks which is a nice touch.

Free wi-fi was only in public areas when I stayed. There also aren't quite enough lifts. Because the hotel is built into the cliffside, you need a lift for getting up to breakfast or down to the pool and you can have a bit of a wait. Still it's a holiday so there's no rush and on our level there were seats outside the lifts to relax in.

One major drawback is that guests are apparently forbidden to bring water in and bottled water is not provided free of charge in rooms. I went to a little shop nearby to buy some water since it was easily 30 degrees in June, and was stopped rather abruptly by a staff member in reception from bringing it into the hotel on "health grounds". Quite ridiculous when other hotels provide water and the fact I was stopped with sealed branded water which I cannot see presents a health hazard.

Breakfast is plentiful but the quality merely average. The buffet dinner is similar. Lots of mosquitos rather distracted us by the pool restaurant at dinner though the food there was actually very good.

It looks quite close on the map but the hotel is a good 15/20 minute walk out of the old town and it's uphill on the way back! After a day walking around the small streets of the walled town I think I might have preferred to stay a little nearer to the restaurants etc.

Overall the hotel is good value with some plus points (eg, the views, gym) and some drawbacks (distance from town, lack of drinking water...). I don't regret staying there by any means, would recommend it to a friend with the aforementioned provisos, but I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wannabejunkie
Ena Z, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
We have a policy of non bringig Your own food and beverage into hotel. At the main entrance there is a sign. We apologize for any inconveniences.
We hope that You will come back again. Best regards.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Rixos is a good place to stay during any visit to Dubrovnik. The rooms are big and clean. Very good bathroom. Not so close of old town, it is a 20 minute walk into it, with small hill in the way. Average breakfast.

For some reason, when I stayed there, the air conditioning was not working, and the roons was hot (25-27 .C).

Wifi works only in reception, but they offer cables in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your review. Your feedback is very important to us. We changed the A/C system so those things will not happen again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Dubrovnik in the near future. Best regards.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights which was plenty to see Dubrovnik town. It's a good 20 minute walk to the old town, but easily the best hotel within proximity. It's a massive hotel and pretty much 5 star all the way, but we got a good deal so took advantage of 5star treatment without the price tag! Breakfast was the best we've had in Croatia. Rooms very clean and serviced well. Because it was mid season we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves which was great however quite lifeless and lacking much atmosphere. Gym and wellness centre was welcome relief from weeks of travelling.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank You for writing such a wonderful comment about your experience with us. We most gladly will like to welcome you again. Best regards.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We loved every minute in Dubrovnik and will stay again in Rixos definately. View was magnificent, breakfast was huge and delicious and we had very good service in all matters. Poolbars were not open but the poolarea and spa were really relaxing, we enjoyed all the different pools, saunas, massage and relaxing room. I left my heart in Beautiful Dubrovnik, must go back.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words in your review. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable. We are looking forward to welcome you back. Best regards.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

This was terrible experience for me. I was traveling for business in Dubrovnik. Any time I spoke serbian I needed to wait to long to have any support and waiters was unpolite with me. So service of this hotel I could rate like unprofesional and mizerable for hotel fee charged for their services. Cleaness was fine, apart with very poor bathroom toileteries which are really cheap and awful. Location is nice and view from rooms are really wonderful and that only good thing about this hotel. Spa aria smell of sewage, specially steam bath and sauna, so it was useless. Staff of spa aria was unprofesional as well. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was fine with nice choice of food... so, I could not recomend this hotel to others

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MajaPetr0vic

Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your comment.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We will take the information you provided us with to train our staff so this doesn't happen again. We are hoping that You will give us another chance in future and choose our hotel again. Best regards.