“Highly recommend San francesco”

Bistro San Francesco
Ranked #155 of 367 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, European, Gastropub, Croatian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend San francesco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is the first place me and my partner went to eat when we got to dubrovnik. The side street it is on is beautiful, such a nice view of the steps and high houses, it's really quaint! We were serenaded by a little band who were playing at another restaurant too, it was like something out of lady and the tramp.
The food was great, I woukd recommend the bruschetta and the steak was lovely too!
The staff are friendly and really chatty and the owner is lovely, really caring and considerate, very polite and extremely hard working. 5/5 for this place! We've now made it our local, for the first meal which was 1 starter, 2 mains, 4 beers it came to under 200kn!

• Korean first
London
“Bad food in a non-charming environment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were very hungry and sought out San Francesco on the recommendation of our landlady. This was so disappointing my partner and I remained silent through the meal.
The tomato sauce didn't taste of anything, I had TWO mouthfuls (I kid you not) of shrimps (I ordered shrimps pasta!) which the owner himself (Francesco) assured me was normal. My partner left half of her sea food as it didn't taste nice. We are currently both in bed with severe nausea. Truly bad culinary experience.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian, amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Charming Italian owner, Italian chefs & staff, Italian music and most importantly - amazing authentic Italian food! Generous portions, great value for money, highly recommended!

1 Thank Filipa S
“waste of time and money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was the first restaurant we tried in the old town and it was disappointing.
I ordered the scampi with salad - they gave me boiled cabbage/lettuce with the prawns which they tried to pass off as salad. It was limp and soggy- they obviously had no fresh salad but didnt think letting me know and giving me another option.
the scampi were about 5 prawns sliced in half but it didtn taste of anything.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Den W
Dubrovnik, Croatia
“Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Exquisite Italian food, from pasta specialities to different variety of fish and meat.
The chef of the cuisine is Italian and comes from Bari.
The owner is Franco Francavilla, a native from Bari as well.
Enjoy the place in every respect, located in one of the historical streets in the old town, Vetraniceva no. 8.

• Visited May 2014