“The staff and the view makes this excellent”

Above 5 Rooftop Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 396 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$58 - US$117
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Ukrainian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taste delicious, excellently served dishes at 'Above5' restaurant, located on the only rooftop terrace in Old Town, while enjoying unforgettable views of the ancient city walls, roofs, sea and neighboring islands. Breakfast is served from 08:00 - 11:00 and dinner 18:00 - 23:00.
Oslo
“The staff and the view makes this excellent”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First of all I should add that the food is indeed very good! I wouldn't go as far as saying excellent, but absolutely amongst the better I've had in Dubrovnik's old town.

What makes this place special is that is's one of the two (I've seen) restaurants in Dubrovnik that actually has a rooftop terrace on the upper most floor - giving you and your 12(!) companions a panoramic view of the old town.

I spotted this place by chance as I was walking the city walls and had to take pictures from above and navigate myself from those to find the entrance on the ground once I was down there. This is really a little gem in Dubrovnik's old town and a rising star on TripAdvisor if I assume correctly,

As seating is scarce be sure to book in advance if you plan on eating here. Oh, and I should also add that the staff were absolutely darlings all the way from the receptionist on the ground floor up to the waiter in the "sky". You guys get "excellent"! :-)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank brwatne

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fine dining with a view”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Exquisite dinner and breakfast on the rooftop overlooking the old town of Dubrovnik. Just a few tables makes a perfect setting for a romantic dinner.

• Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Alexandria, Virginia
“Fabulous view and great food to boot!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We read about this little place on Trip Advisor and since it was literally just around the corner from the wine bar we were at, we decided to see if we could get in. (We were warned to make reservations.) As it turned out, 6:45 is early for dinner in Dubrovnik, so we were able to get in a quick meal before the restaurant was completely booked at 8 pm. What a total delight! We really went for the views (only rooftop restaurant in Old Town Dubrovnik), but the dinner was super. I had the chicken Provençal and my hubby had the duck. Yum on both counts. And, we topped off dinner with a fabulously creamy chocolate mousse. My only complaint is that I would have liked to have twice as much! We were so glad to have made the climb to Above 5.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank megmeyer411
Seattle, Washington
“Above the rest.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the kitchen in the tiny Hotel Stari Grad.

Meals are served on the rooftop terrace looking out over the Old Town.

Excellent food and some really hardworking waiters. The kitchen is on the 5th floor and every plate is carried up two flights to the terrace. We watched the fireworks on ending night of the Summer Festival from there. So windy that empty wineglasses were tipping over - but Maro brought us blankets to wrap up in so we wouldn't miss the show.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dad_and_the_girls
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Best food on precious roof top terrace”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor led us here and we had to make a reservation for the next evening since it is tiny and populair. So we already ordered spaghetti bolognese for our kids who aren't too adventurous when it comes to eating. Nothing was too much trouble. The receptionist even walked us to a good pizzeria.

The next day, walking on the city wall, we spotted a beautiful roof top terrace which later turned out to be Above5. It's on the roof (5 floors, no elevator) of boutique hotel stari grad.

We ordered the house wine from dubrovnik, which was perfect, as was all the food (salmon tartare, asparagus salade, lamb, and duck (exquisite!!). Even the kids had to admit the bolognese was perfect and the desserts.... My husband and I regretted we didn't order them and just tasted from the kids (chocolate mousse and chocolate souffle). We never care for desserts but this cook obviously loves combining subtle tastes (Like salt and berries in the mousse). Since the souffle took at least 15 minutes and it was getting late, we didn't order then.

Even my husband really wanted to post a positive review (uses tripadvisor all the time but never posts himself) so if you care for really good food in a beautiful setting (views, skies, sunset!!!), make a reservation and enjoy the climb!!