“Blessing in disguise”

Ranked #4 of 396 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pantarul - feels like home. Our intention is for everyone to feel welcome and for each palate to be satisfied. A snack with a glass of local wine or a several-course dinner which will make all your senses flick? Top quality, yet unpretentious food - modern cuisine at its best. Our menu lives with the seasons and all the dishes are prepared using incredible local produce which is sourced by farmers from Dubrovnik's surroundings, especially from Zupa and Konavle. Fresh fish is delivered daily and the meat comes from the most reliable sources. Homemade pasta and bread, a creative wine list featuring Croatian wines and an honest smile on the waiters' faces - this is what we look for in a restaurant ourselves. Once you're done enjoying the meal, you can flip through the restaurant cookbook - a 320-page edition full of photos, stories and traditional Dubrovnik recipes.
Split, Croatia
“Blessing in disguise”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Some things are just meant to be. I was driving around Lapad and suddenly I realized that I have a flat! Seconds later, I saw this parking lot, thank God, right there, just waiting for me! The sign said 'For restaurant guest only' and only then I noticed that I was in front of a cute little restaurant - yes, you guessed it - it was the 'Pantarul'.I changed my tire and went inside to wash my hands and maybe have a beer or something, but no! No, no, no! The moment I laid my eyes on the interior I knew that I will have a lot, lot more then just a beer here!

It was...it was fantastic! European, in the best meaning of the word, yet-kind of homey! Clean, simple lines, soothing pastel colors, subdued, unobtrusive elegance in every little detail, and wonderful, overwhelming feeling of calm and relaxation, simply - a place of comfort! And good food! No - a great food!

I opened with Baby spinach and grapefruit salad, and I can tell you-this was a revelation! Never ever in my life I would come to the idea of mixing spinach and grapefruit, even now, when I think of it-it sounds..well, weird, but, oh boy! It was wonderful! Fresh, light dish that will tickle your palate and make you crave for more surprises, yes sir! Next was Stewed octopus with creamy polenta - all I can say is: "I want more!" Rich in taste, yet light in texture, beautiful, a little bit spicy (garlic is doing the trick) dish that called for some red wine, however, I noticed that they serve 'Spoža', a wonderful, gentle rose - so I took a glass. A gamble, but a good one! At least for me, I liked it a lot! Yummy, great combo, highly recommended!

By now, I was full, because the servings are really generous in this gourmet oasis, but there was no stopping now! "So?"-I asked myself-"What could round this fabulous experience better than juicy, tender, leg of lamb?" Well-a juicy, tender leg of lamb with pickled artichokes and golden, crispy potatoes, of course-that's what! And yes, so help me, I had that too! OMG! OMG and then some more! Meat was like a dream, potatoes were like a fairy tale and I was like...like a balloon, ready to pop, full to the brim, yet absolutely relaxed and happy! Yes, happy!

Long story short-beautiful interior, super nice and polite service, food to die for and-for the proverbial cherry on the cake-all that for less then 40Euro!

Thank God my tire blew...:)

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food, generous portions, great prices”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We really loved this restaurant which I'd describe as modern European with a Croatian slant. It's really new and it can see it will become harder to get a table soon. We went for dinner and again for lunch. If you are staying in Lapad this is so close and it's nice to get something a bit different to the usual fare in most of the old town restaurants. Laid, back and relaxed atomsphere and decor too.

5 Thank Brighton_Claire
“A - m- a-z-i-n-g”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We have a lovely night! But first we went tree times to get a table! We MUST reserve a table onde day before at least, but honestly, it worths.
The food is very fresh and homemade. The menu isnt very big , but there are a lot of diversity.
The waiter was very very polited and cute, very kind.
The food was really delicious. We order at an entrence a chicken that looked like a fresh nugget , with some vegetables with teriaki( PERFECT TASTE)
Than, my friends ordered meet with mashed potatos and fish rolled up with shrimps and mashed potates.
You know if a restaurant ia good when the mashed potatos are awsome!
They were.
And i ordered a risoto.
Well, the night was great and the food and people really really good! I recomende this restaurant because its high level, the price is good , and it runs out of those turistic stuff that you find alllll over Dubrovnik!

4 Thank Viviane C
“Fantastic new restaurant in the Lapad, Dubrovnik area!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Newly opened restaurant run by blogger/cook book writer Ana Marija Bujic and her boy friend is an excellent choice when in the Dubrovnic area (Lapad). The staff is friendly and showed a great interest in their customers's well-being and gave good information on food and wine. The food is reasonably priced and tastes fantastic , the best we've had since we got here. Definitely a restaurant that should be compulsory for all visitors to the area. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank hallstein
Oldenburg, Germany
“Everything I wanted”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went twice and had a risotto that was to die for, monkfish, a citrus salad, and a chocolate dessert. It's comfortable and young, not pretentious and not pretending to be something it's not. That being said, you will get a quality meal that is well presented. It was everything I wanted - away from the masses on the main drag, delicious food, and did not break the bank.

Visited July 2014