“Fantastic place”

Pantarul
Ranked #2 of 367 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Pantarul - feels like home. Our intention is for everyone to feel welcome and for each palate to be satisfied. A snack with a glass of local wine or a several-course dinner which will make all your senses flick? Top quality, yet unpretentious food - modern cuisine at its best. Our menu lives with the seasons and all the dishes are prepared using incredible local produce which is sourced by farmers from Dubrovnik's surroundings, especially from Zupa and Konavle. Fresh fish is delivered daily and the meat comes from the most reliable sources. Homemade pasta and bread, a creative wine list featuring Croatian wines and an honest smile on the waiters' faces - this is what we look for in a restaurant ourselves. Once you're done enjoying the meal, you can flip through the restaurant cookbook - a 320-page edition full of photos, stories and traditional Dubrovnik recipes.
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect in our opinion
Food was excellent
Service was excellent
The restaurant was excellent
Sorry for all the 'excellent' but we thought it was that good
Really nice and friendly staff
Excellent value for money

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to eat delicious food!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The food was so tasty and really interesting (we also had the duck; it was amazing). The wine was also lovely and such good value. We felt at home and couldn't have asked for better service. I really recommend booking in advance (we we're shocked at how many disappointed people had to be turned away on a weds) to avoid missing out on a lovely and great value meal.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Helen S
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Not for me”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a table here weeks in advance due to the rave reviews. I'm sorry to say I was left underwhelmed. The service and presentation of each dish was impeccable. Maybe I made a bad choice with the squid polenta, but it left a strange taste in my mouth. The sea bass was bland, the tastiest thing on that plate was the tomato. My partner couldn't fault his meal but wasn't wowed by it either, it was just ok. Best food we had was Amfora in Lapad, highly recommend.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank tessy77
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Wow, wow, wow!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After a week in Croatia finally a restaurant that not only pushes boundaries but does not rely on what seems to be a generic menu of pizza, fried squid, crappy veg et al..A delightful menu that would do well in any of the world's great cities complemented by wonderful service and a clean fresh environment. It is actually no joke that you have to book 5 days in advance - The cocoa and orange ravioli with duck was inspired - yummy!

3 Thank steve w
“Simply suburb”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Having just spent the evening in Pantarul with my wife and 9 yr old daughter I felt I had to say something, unusual as I usually can't be bothered to leave reviews:) The food was really lovely, beautifully presented, did I say how nice the food was!!!! We were all very impressed. My daughter had a half option which was just enough for her. We all had risotto of various types which were very good value. Meat and fish meals were more expensive and on a par with higher quality restaurants in the UK at circa £13 or so for a main meal. The starters and desserts were equally good and again very well presented, again great value for money given their quality. It's the best meal I have had in Dubrovnik. The only thing I would say against the restaurant was the service was a little slow. This would have been fine and I like to take my time and make an evening of it if it's me and the wife, but as we had a tired 9 year old, things are a bit different. There is no question that I would go back here!!

Visited August 2014