“Excellent!”
Review of Rooms Vicelic

Rooms Vicelic
Ranked #13 of 182 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This guesthouse got some character: not only because of the sweet owner Anka and other family members, but also the old interior. Spend four nights in single room, which had lovely old stone wall. Room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Room facilities were just like in good average hotels: there were refrigerator and coffee/tea-making facilities in the room, and of course TV, air conditioning and hairdryer. Would definitely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Few flights of rather steep stairs in the middle of old town is this lovely apartment.

I got decent size room with tiny bathroom but its location and rate is great value for money. As Dubrovnik can be overrun with cruise daytrippers certain time of the day, what's better than going back to your apartment to escape the crowd few time a day.

Furthermore, the apartment retains the classic charm of a typical apartment in old town so you could stay like local who pops out of their window in the morning for fresh air or sit at the front door chair enjoying a cup of coffee.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We had a very comfortable air conditioned room on the first floor (#5?) which contained a large queen bed and also a single bed. The room was quite big and had a small table and 2 chairs. We had an en suite Bathroom with shower and heaps of hot water. There was a small shared kitchen on the same floor with supplied coffee, tea and biscuits. It seemed to be run by a nice young guy and his Mum and he can meet you at the airport for cheaper than a taxi and book your onward travel and buses. It is in a great position up some stairs in the old town and I am sure they would carry your luggage up for you. See their photos at http://rooms-vicelic.com/
Free wi fi in rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at this apartment/hotel in Dubrovnik for 2 days in June 2011. I had looked over lots of reviews on both Venere and on TripAdvisor and chose this hotel because of its popular reviews to be honest.

The location of the apartments in the old city, were the key choice in my decision to stay here. However I had read, that the hotel's owners were a big part of what people enjoyed by staying at this apartment.  This was very much the case.

I was so pleasantly surprised to find the most genuine, honest, hard-working people that opened up their original home to me and to several of the guests  while I was there.

It is indeed a "tricky" place to get to the first time.  But this can be said of anywhere in old Dubrovnik. There are a lot of steps I'm the city.  That is the Charm!!!   But the owner, Darko, offered to, and did  pick me up at the port and helped me with my bag to get to the hotel with no problem at all!!!  I knew this was going to be a cool place.

The location of these apartments are crucial to staying in Dubrovnik. There is probably no better place to stay that is centrally located to the restaurants and to the little port where you jump on the boats to go for your day trips.  Or one can wonder around the walled city and stare in wonder at all of prettiness that is Dubrovnik.  I highly recommend a sundown drink at the Buža bar!!!!

Again the the owners made my stay very pleasant. My belonging were secure and well looked after by Darko or his mother.

If I needed anything they make sure that I was able to get it immediately, for example I needed a towel one day to go to the island and Darko's mom found one for me immediately and gave it to me.  She just said "Daaharling, don't worry we will get you bring it back when you're finished .".  If she didn't tell me that she was born Dubrovnik, I would have thought she was a lost Hungarian, Gabor sister!

It is with great pleasure that I take to recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Dubrovnik. Their place is IDEALLY located! It is clean! The owners take a tremendous pride in what they are providing, and the hotel lives up to the reviews that many people have given it! It is a very very good place to stay with a  warm open friendly feeling.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Man_of_the_world_00
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Stayed 2 nights, had pickup from airport for cheaper than taxi on busy day at airport with 3 flights arriving, met at city gates and guided to rooms!
Cons: TINY bathroom, yet to see bathroom in Croatia after 1 week where you don't hit your head on something - but was nice to have the ensuite! Darko, would be nice to have double glazing on windows to help cut down noise at night, and those birds in the morning :)
Pros: very friendly staff, fridge and cutlery in room, good aircon,

Interesting way of communicating with guests / staff with postit notes!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

There can't be many better locations in Dubrovnik's old town... just a minute from the Stradun and Prijeko up one of the small alleys that climb the hill towards the land side wall. We only booked the day before so were in their overflow room across the alley from the main house - all of 15 feet away - but we still had a small living room (with a sofa, tv, fridge and kettle), a double bedroom, and a large bathroom. It's not fancy, but everything worked and everything was scrupulously clean. Darko and the rest of his family were really friendly and helpful. In the morning we found a gem of a spot for breakfast - just keep climbing up Antuninska to the top and you'll find a great konoba (called Konoba Lady Pi-Pi for reasons we never discovered) with a lovely terrace and superb views over the city. They also do lunch & dinner.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Fantastic! We arranged a pick-up from the airport, but our flight was delayed and the owner's son couldn't pick us up. Oh well, we still had a taxi waiting for us. This is much cheaper than any hotel you'll find, and the stay is much more unique. It is right in the walls of Old Town, about 30 steps up from the main walkway. They have a small common mess area to use for tea, coffee etc. Free Wi-Fi that is accessible from your room, and a small TV with a couple channels. You really have to be quiet in your room though, we had a door with about 6 inches of free space above it, and you can hear anyone coming in or out. I would definitely stay here again though, can't really complain, I wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel. If your looking for something super classy, this isnt for you. If you want something to make you feel like you are part of the Old Town, go here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends