“Perfect location, great value and lovely people!”
Review of Rooms Vicelic

Rooms Vicelic
Ranked #14 of 176 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect location, great value and lovely people!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed here for a night in May 2013, wish we stayed for longer. The owners were so friendly, welcoming and very very helpful. The room had an awesome hot shower, comfortable bed and the room was immaculately clean. The owner could not be nicer, she even refused money when we offered to pay for a toilet seat I broke when I had too many shandies! As for location, you won't get better; within the old town city walls, lots of restaurants and some good local bars. The owners gave us lots of advice for travel arrangements and let us keep our bags after check out. Overall great value for money and good expe

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I recently stayed in Rooms Vicelic after having read about the place on Trip Advisor. The incredibly warm welcome, helpful people, cleanliness of the Rooms and ideal location exceeded all my expectations. Darko met me at the Pile Gate and took me to the Rooms and helped me settle in. He arranged for a Taxi to take me to the Airport at 4.30am on the morning I was leaving. All this talk about step steps and stairs is overdone - in the heart of the old city this is simply part of life! I could not recommend this place highly enough. A real gem.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
essex
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Right in the heart of The Old town - Nice clean pleasant rooms - Good rates - Helpfull staff - There are a few steps to get to it so be prepared. Only a very short walk from the Airport drop off point

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Kilcar, Ireland
Reviewed 6 March 2013

After reading numerous reviews of lodgings in Dubrovnik on TA and other various sites I decided to try Rooms Vicelic in the Old Town. This was my first but certainly not my last visit to this wonderful city. I wanted to sample the atmosphere and the ambiance within the city walls itself so this location looked ideal. My host, Darko arranged for me to be picked up at the airport and was there to welcome me at the city gates. Everything was pretty much as I had expected from previous reviews.The property was most inviting and had a lovely homely feel to it. My room was on the ground floor and was perfect for my requirements.It was clean and well kept, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, and the all important free WiFi, what more could you ask for. Bathroom was also well appointed, clean and functional. The property is perfectly located half way up a side street - a number of steps from the main street or Stradum. The steps could possibility pose problems for some people, perhaps with limited mobility, but most I'm sure would be able to negotiate them easily enough. Rooms Vicelic is close by all the major attractions that Dubrovnik has to offer. The Old Town can be easily covered in a day or two, walking along the top of the City Walls and also taking the Cable Car to the fort were two of the most enjoyable experiences as they offered quite stunning views over this magnificent city. Restaurants and cafes are also within easy reach of the accommodation, the Taj Mahal, a Bosnian restaurant was one of my favorite eateries during my stay. There was a number of Irish pubs as well close by where I was able to watch the Champions League and the English Premiership. The Old Town of Dubrovnik has a lovely feel to it, hard to describe other than to say its warm and inviting. I had planned on doing a day trip or two out of town but chose not to as I was quite content where I was. Darko, my host was once again most gracious on my departure and organized my transportation to the airport. The bill for my four nights stay was very reasonable I thought, good value all round. Delighted to have found this little gem of a place and would have to say it certainly added to the overall experience. Dubrovnik and Darko I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Rooms Vicelic last summer and had a great time.After clambering the steep steps in the heat of the midday sun up a narrow alley (which may present problems for those with mobility issues), we weren't sure what we going to find, but what we found was a lovely little place to stay with exceptional hosts.

The room itself was basic but more than adequate for a budget traveller. Watch out for the ceilings which are a bit low, but after one hit of the head, this was quickly remembered. Nice to have the option of a kitchen, making it easier t survive on a budget. The bathroom was upstairs, but private just for us, and was always clean and had everything you need.

The best points where definitely the location - smack bang in the centre of the Old Town and a 10 minute walk to the beach, the price - which was very reasonable, but most of all the hosts. Darko in particular was a great help, recommending things to do, giving a bit of history about the city with good Croatian passion and even organised and picked up our tickets for travel to Split. Above and beyond the call of duty. I'd also recommend the restaurant at the top of the street which provided an outstanding mixed grill with huge portions.

All in all, fairly basic but outstanding budget option in great location with a very warm welcome.

Room Tip: Ground floor not en-suite, had a private bathroom up some fairly dangerous stairs at night. Second f...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for two nights in October 2012.

I had booked a single room ensuite, and was given a really lovely room which had exposed stone walls on the second floor. The room exceeded my expectations. nicely decorated and smelled of fresh linen.

The bed was comfortable, the shower small but had excellent pressure and hot water, the window seemed to be double glazed as I didn't find it noisy at all. Though there is a drainpipe which, when it rained it sounded like a torrential downpour! On that note, be careful what shoes you take to Dubrovnik if its going to be wet, the old cobblestones can be slippery.

The small kitchenette, which is available for all guests to use with coffee, tea, biscuits, was outside my bedroom door, which could have disturbed a light sleeper if anyone was using it at unsociable times, though this didn't happen to me. The window overlooked the narrow alleyway down to the main square.

The location is excellent if you want to stay within the city walls only two minutes or so walk down stairs to the main square. The owner I met was Anka who was helpful and friendly with excellent english. They are available to call at any point if you need help, but otherwise you are left to your own devices. Check out arrangements are easy, I was able to check out but leave my bag and come back to pick it up before leaving later in the day.

The city is most charming once the masses of cruise boat daytrippers head back to their boats later in the afternoon/evening. I was surprised by how many people there were given it was offseason-ish October but the cruise boaters accounted for most of them.

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KillBill
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Location is perfect and access to the apartment and to the centre of the old town is via a number of steps which may present problems for those with mobility difficulties. Anka and Darko, her son, were perfect hosts and checked daily on our needs and provided excellent recommendations for local restaurants and things to see. Free parking is very difficult to find but private parking can be arranged for a fee. Prior arrangements are advised for this. There is a small kitchen area for meal preparation but limited space for eating apart from the bedroom. We used the steps outside the apartment or ate out. It was hot when we were there and each of the rooms had very efficient air conditioning. If we returned to Dubrovnic we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family