Berkeley Hotel & Day Spa
Hotel Ivka(Dubrovnik)
Hotel Zagreb(Dubrovnik)
Apartments Milic(Dubrovnik)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsgruz harbourhonesty bara family run hotelthe busold townport areaminute walkcooked breakfastfriendly hotelsmall hotelyogurtsea viewlocal transportdubrovnik cardcable carregular busesbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great value, has good rooms (our bed was incredibly comfortable!) but most of all the staff were amazing! They are so helpful and friendly. The location is great for the harbour and only a 10 minute bus ride to the old town (just get a 1a, 1b, 3 or 8 bus). We had a room on the 4th floor and had a nice view of the harbour from the balcony. For the price, this is a really good quality hotel (with a decent breakfast included!). I can't speak highly enough of this hotel and it's staff!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in when visiting Dubrovnik. The location is great, you can either walk to the old town in half an hour or catch the bus (1a,b or 3) which takes around 10 minutes including wait.
The room was brilliant, we had a sea view and could lounge around in the afternoon sun on the large balcony. It was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful and polite.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Dubrovnik had been on my "bucket list" for a few years and I finally had a chance to visit. My husband and I went in March, off-season so we didn't have the crowds. We stayed at the Berkeley for 5 days and enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The dining room had a nice complimentary breakfast and the gal remembered our drinks and had them ready for us. She would also inquire on what we were going to do for the day and make helpful suggestions. Our room had a mini kitchen with refrigerator which we used for our drinks. The beds were comfortable with fresh linens everyday and the room was quiet. We had beautiful views of Gruz Harbor from our balcony. The hotel is close to the bus stops, a grocery store, bakery, and cafes. We got the Dubrovnik Card with our package and it was well worth it! Our package also included complimentary transfer to and from the airport. Our flight was delayed but the hotel knew about it and our driver was there waiting for us. I found the hotel on-line and it met the criteria I was looking for in a hotel. We would stay there again since it was a pleasureable experience. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor had a beautiful harbor view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were delighted with Berkeley Hotel for many reasons. Firstly, its in a great location; easy to access with the 3 or 8 bus from Pile Gate to the front door, or the 1A and 1B to Gruz Harbour. Secondly, the staff are very friendly, well-presented and welcoming. They speak English perfectly which made our staff easier, and were available 24 hours a day to answer our inquiries about the airport or the local area. The hotel itself is very clean with great views of the harbour. We were lucky to be upgraded to a studio apartment which was lovely and big with a stylish bathroom and mini kitchen area. My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 days and stayed in the hotel all day when I was ill, and it was a pleasure. My only small complaint is that the cooked breakfasts were extremely oily, however they were complimentary and there was enough choice of hot/cold buffet food that I could grab something else. I highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Hollie-S-63
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were delighted with our choice of Hotel. The Berkeley provided beautifully clean and comfortable accommodation and all the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast was excellent with the hot food being cooked to order. Our room had a view over peaceful Gruz harbour and we enjoyed the bus trip or the walk to the Old Town. It was too early in the season to try the pool - we will have to go back! We travelled on a package with BA but the hotel organised the very efficient transfers for us.