This was the 3rd and final hotel I had booked for our week trip to Montenegro and Dubrovnik, but being 5 stars the most anticipated. Even though the hotel is a delight in many ways (the location by the sea, the sun terrace, the design) the reviews over-hype the place and for the €240 (mid season rate) for a double room with a sea view, I felt that the following could and should have been better for a hotel of 5 stars:
1. Beds - I had booked a double room with a sea view. The beds were comfortable but they are two twin beds joined together rather than a king sized bed. Very surprised that there are no king or double beds in a hotel of 5*.
2. Balcony - there is a lovely panoramic view, but unfortunately the design is flawed. If you sit on the balcony chairs provided, there is a handrail that is at eye level that blocks the view of the sea. Secondly, we were on the first floor, and the people in the restaurant could look up into the balcony. Hence, there was a lack of privacy.
3. Gadgets - The TV had limited selection of free channels, there was no i-pod dock and no tea or coffee making facilities. The ac was pretty nosey at night. I loved the loudspeaker in the bathroom, though it did not work too well.
4. Breakfast - buffet had a good selection (fruit salad looked like it was out of a tin though), but there was no personal table breakfast service offered of porridge, fried eggs etc. The coffee was a disaster - definitely for the starbucks generation who like coffee served in a gigantic mug, that is watery and lacks real taste. A real shame as good coffee is a prerequisite in the morning.
5. The terrace - lovely terrace, but not enough space. I can imagine one having to put one's beach towel down early in the morning in the summer.
6. Maintenance - One of our balcony lights was not working and not replaced in the 3 nights we were there. The same can be said for one of our room lights. This should have been addressed.
On the plus side, the cave bar in the evening is lovely - especially if you get a place by the sea. When we were there (around 10pm) there was no music being played and it was lovely listening to the waves, looking into the sea or the Dubrovnik coast over a glass of wine. Magical! The swimming is great - no beach, but straight into the inviting Adriatic.
Overall, we did enjoy our 3 nights in the Hotel More, and relaxing on the terrace. The location is 4km from the old town - the bus stop is a 10-15 minute walk away. I just feel that due to the reasons above and the price, the place could and can be that much more better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel More is an exclusive five-star boutique hotel situated in the Bay of Lapad, one of the most beautiful locations on the area of the City of Dubrovnik. The hotel view of calming green pines, of Mediterranean vegetation abundant with colors and scents, of the glaring azure sea, of rocky cliffs - those eternal stone guards and memorable sunsets, will astonish any traveler and guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel More reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- More Hotel Dubrovnik