We had a week at Hotel More that was booked through a British Airways offer. Paid for a small upgrade to sea-view room. From Dubrovnik airport you have a choice to taxi (about £30) or there are Atlas buses that collect after every flight and drop in the old town then the bus station for £4 each.
We were both generally very impressed with the hotel from the outset. Though the rooms are a little on the small side but it was far from cramped. Bathroom was particularly good quality. The balcony was great with a fantastic view. Never tired of that.
We didn't use the pool as it was still 23c during the day and being by the water's edge and the bar was far more attractive a proposition. Considering how many boats come in and out of these waters the water is crystal clear. We didn't use the spa. I suspect when the hotel is full at the middle of the season there would be a bit of a bun fight for the 6-8 sun-loungers available near the water. There are plenty of chairs though. The jacuzzi is on the roof with the swimming pool and a nice alternative for watching the sunset.
The cave bar is definitely well thought out. It's a tad expensive if you plan to drink beer, coffee, soft drinks by the sea all day but actually the cocktails are very good value - there was no skimping on spirits.
Bearing in mind we went at the end of the season (last week in October) there was still plenty open and things to do. It's a 10 mins walk down a concreted coastal path to the local restaurants then a 10 mins bus ride to the old town. If you're not steady on your feet you'll want to double that, but the path is of good enough quality.
We found this place a nice base to easily visit local attractions from:
- concert in Old Town
- City walls and Fort were great
- We really enjoyed the 3hr kayak trip around the bay
- ferry trip to Lokrum island worth a half-day/day
Breakfasts were more than enough. Catered for most European styles and more. We didn't eat in the Hotel More restaurant in the evening, so can't comment on that. However would recommend the following:
Cheap/Cheerful - Nemo Problemo bar, 15 mins walk
Posh nosh Local to Lapad - Amfora (near the bus station), Otto taverna
We also did local wine tasting at D'Vino in the old town.
A great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel More is an exclusive five-star boutique hotel situated in the Bay of Lapad, one of the most beautiful locations on the area of the City of Dubrovnik. The hotel view of calming green pines, of Mediterranean vegetation abundant with colors and scents, of the glaring azure sea, of rocky cliffs - those eternal stone guards and memorable sunsets, will astonish any traveler and guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel More reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- More Hotel Dubrovnik