“Soo much More, we didn't want to leave”
Review of Hotel More

Hotel More
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, this hotel lives up to its name. The Deluxe suite is a truly exceptional living space with multiple terraces, bathrooms, private Jacuzzi, personal cell phone, etc etc etc. The staff offered personalized, consistently great service. Breakfast was wonderful and included sparkling wine and great fresh variety. The jacuzzi and pool area offer fantastic sea views. Cave bar is truly unique and you are able to dip into the sea. We really look forward to our next stay here, many thanks for a wonderful honeymoon experience!

Room Tip: Deluxe suite is honeymoon caliber.
2  Thank ShrewdTraveler

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here during our holiday to Dubrovnik in October. All in all, the hotel is extremely good indeed. The staff are very helpful, both on the front desk and at breakfast, and the hotel itself is very clean and modern.

The room itself was more than satisfactory. We booked a double room and that is what we got. It was not massive, but had more than enough room for the two of us and had the normal mod cons one expects in a modern hotel. We were in a room on the top floor of the hotel which did mean that we had to go outside and back into reception every morning for breakfast (the hotel is built into the side of a cliff and so the restaurant is on the lower floors closer to the sea), but it also meant that we were relatively isolated which was actually quite nice and a beautiful view first thing in the morning. The ensuite bathroom was clean and spacious. The only two downsides to the room were the lack of tea/coffee making facilities and the fact that our bed was actually two singles pushed together. Whilst this is not uncommon in hotels nowadays, the bed linen was also that of two singles cobbled together to make it as close to a double as possible. Effectively, it meant that my girlfriend and I were sleeping in separate beds each night.

The breakfast was very good. Whilst it is described as a continental breakfast, it is one of the better such breakfasts I have had. There was a wide range of food available, was very tasty and if you had a special request (poached eggs for example) it was no problem. The breakfast was a buffet so meant that we could go back for whatever we wanted. The staff were also very helpful.

The bar of the hotel is quite interesting being built into a cave that forms part of the hotel. Again, the staff are very friendly and helpful. In comparison to other bars we found the prices were not outrageous given that it was a hotel bar.

The hotel also had a 'beach' area which allowed us to swim in the sea. Although it is described as a beach, it is actually the outdoor area of the bar with a ladder and steps leading into the sea, but a very nice place to have a drink and a swim nonetheless. Just be careful of sea urchins clinging to the wall.

There is also a small swimming pool and a jacuzzi on the 5th floor with the usual sun loungers. We discovered that this was an excellent place to watch the sunset.

The hotel itself is about a 45 minute walk from the Old Town. Alternatively, you can walk up through the nearby street where the tours to the islands are sold and catch a number 6 bus to the Pile Gate which costs 12 kuna per person (or 15 kuna if the ticket is bought on the bus).

Getting to the hotel from the airport also needs some planning. It is possible to get the shuttle bus from the airport to the Pile Gate (35 kuna per person) where you can get the number 6 as described above, which are the most frequent, although requires a walk or the number 5, which takes you to the door (every 25mins or so). Alternatively, you can get a taxi from the Pile Gate to the hotel which costs 90 kuna which may be simpler if you don't know where you are going. Alternatively, you can get a taxi from the airport to the hotel direct which costs about 270 to 300 kuna.

All in all a very good hotel and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Dubrovnik.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled here for a 4 night break at the end of October and we didn't want to leave! The staff were wonderful, notably Nikolina, Nika and Vedran and they all went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay even providing wine and chocolates for my partners birthday. We were even lucky to have the most fabulous weather. Breakfast on the terrace was a delight with gorgeous views over the bay. The selection of food was fantastic, everything you could wish for from fruit and cereals, yogurts and pastries to cooked bacon and eggs and great coffee! We were upgraded upon arrival to a magnificent suite, which the maids did a superb job of keeping spotless as were all areas of the hotel. The walk from the hotel to the bus stop was beautiful and the bus to the old town was straightforward. Dubrovnik itself is an amazing city break and we will definitely return and will be staying at the Hotel More. Thank you to all the staff at the Hotel More - we have the best memories...

Room Tip: Always go for a seaview on a higher floor
2  Thank NatstarCB
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful location and is unique as it is built around the rocks that would have originally formed some sort of a cliff, if you like walking, the old town (which is interesting and worth multiple visits) is within walking distance.
My only criticism of my hotel room is that when I checked in my room wasn't properly cleaned- in my bathroom I found hairs in the bath and finger nail clippings (or I pray they were finger nails!) all over the bathroom counter! I must stress the point that the hotel staff were trying to be accommodating because I arrived early and they let me check in earlier than they usually would have.
As for the breakfasts- I only eat cold breakfasts and sometimes toast- everything that I like was available: fresh pineapple, bananas, melon, oranges, grapefruit, yogurt, granola, dried cranberries, other fruits and cereals, lovely fresh bread. The only bad thing was the kiwis- I don't think they know what fresh kiwi is because every day the kiwi was soft and stale, I don't know how they managed to peel them but they were disgusting- I became obsessed with poking them with the tongs to check if they were any better than they day before but no!
Every day I watched the sunset from the jacuzzi, which was lovely and the spa is worth a visit (book a day in advance) I had a full body salt scrub which after a four days in the sun was sensational! The gym is not a gym but a room with a bike, a treadmill, a cross trainer and a weight machine- not so good if you're a seasoned gym user like me and like your gym home or away!
There are plenty of restaurants nearby with good options even for a vegetarian like me.
The beach, though small is, close and there are sun loungers available for rental.
The platform at the cave bar into the sea is brilliant but the cold October sea kept me dangling on the ladder for a good ten minutes before I threw myself in- very funny!
Kayaking from the old town is a must- so much fun but if you are on your own, as I was, reserve a single kayak if you don't fancy sharing with a stranger!
I had a wonderful time, I can't wait to go again and I would recommended this place to anyone bar the kiwis!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels of the hotel (floor 3 or above) I was on floor 1 and the room was...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Klara O
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here the last week of October and were blessed with beautiful weather. We stayed in a sea view room on the second floor. The room was large, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. We had a lovely spacious balcony which was furnished with 2 chairs, a table and a sun bed. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the balcony, admiring the breathtaking views and watching the beautiful sunsets. I would highly recommend a sea view room, it was well worth the extra money.
We really enjoyed our breakfasts on the terrace, there was plenty of choice and the waiting staff attentive and very friendly. This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in and the location was second to none, we really didn't want to leave and hope to return again!

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for a sea view room.
2  Thank CarJSwansea
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We had a junior suite in the hotel. It was huge with a separate living room area, and the room is overlooking the sea which was excellent view for sunset. It is a large hotel and staff are friendly. The hotel is away from the town so you need to catch a bus to get to town.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PiratePixels
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed for a week in October. The weather was very good and we could still swim in the sea, which was pleasant and refreshing. The swimming pool is small and was too cold at this time of year to swim in, although the area around it was nice for sunbathing and I did enjoy going in the jacuzzi.

We had a very nice bedroom overlooking the sea.The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was well equipped and we were very pleased with our accommodation. It was cleaned thoroughly each day.There was a super balcony from which to watch the endless stream of large cruise ships, to enjoy drinks or sunbathe on the sunbed. The sunset was a daily highlight.

Breakfasts were a bit hit or miss and I feel it is in this area they really need to pay more attention. Plates were cold and food was not kept hot enough in the bain marie. I would go as far as to say that the cooked food, e.g. fried ham, sausages, etc. was kept at an unsafe temperature. I complained about this and staff always ensured I had a warm plate after, or I asked for one, but these were not out for everyone, and there was no improvement in the temperature of the food. Sometimes food had been sitting a long time at barely lukewarm temperatures. The scrambled eggs out every day were sometimes pleasant, but often overcooked, dry and cold. You could request eggs cooked specially and I did ask for poached eggs one day, but they were so vinegary and watery, I didn't repeat the experience. The waiting staff was excellent. They were always polite and helpful and very friendly. I liked them all very much. Vedran brought warm cups and saucers for us for our coffee, which helped keep it hot.

We were staying half board and the criticisms I make of breakfast do not extend to the dinners, which I shall review under Restaurant More. The dinners were excellent.

The Cave Bar was popular with passers-by but we didn't use it much as we liked being out in the sun. The staff from the bar services the area by the sea though and we sat there often during the day drinking coffee, beer or the occasional cocktail.

I had a massage in the Wellness Centre. You need to book the treatments a day in advance as it is only open for appointments. You make the appointments at reception. The massage was very professional and was a good experience.

Overall, we were very happy at Hotel More but I have deducted one "star", as I think they need to improve the breakfasts.

Room Tip: We had a standard double room with a sea view and balcony. It was worth asking specifically for a se...
1  Thank Jenny_McCullough