Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$55
View deal
Booking.comUS$68
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$68
TravelocityUS$55
Orbitz.comUS$55
CheapTicketsUS$55
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2016

As others have mentioned, very hard to find the check-in office, especially when you've just arrived after travelling and are not at all familiar with the city. I did not like the narrow dark staircase either.
On the plus side, great location, we found it clean too. Bathroom was small but fine. We didn't hear much noise outside at night, but it was so hot we had the AC running so maybe that helped block it out.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 30 August 2016

excellent location right in heart of all activities on Strada
Great atmosphere
spotlessly clean and basic but charmingly simple room. It was very cheap accommodation so value for money for room and location excellent.
representative helpful and welcoming when finally located!
air con and fridge very welcome in 30 degree heat.
Room central location great for respite from midday heat.

Nightmare check in. Check in location is in an alleyway almost impossible to find in an unfamiliar city, whilst tired after 3 hr flight and lugging suitcases in hot sunshine. google no help as needed to stop at restaurants en route for passwords. It took us 60 minutes to find check in location, and the representative simply took photos of our passports on his phone! We fail to see how this procedure could not have been effected at the fabulous location of Lumin on the Strada.
We had read the warnings on T.A. but they were not dire enough!

poor communication about check in ..we were aware of difficulties in advance but texts and e mails before our departure were ignored, as were phone calls from our mobile made from our car on arrival. Eventually our driver managed to get through to say we were on our way but he was no help in locating the check in.

no toiletries except liquid soap ,used and broken.

Insufficient towels, though more provided immediately on request.

Room tip: avoid room 3 unless you like workout of 40 steps.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank eimearireland
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

My fiancée and I recently stayed at the Lumin Guest House for 3 nights. Unfortunately, my significant other based the lodging decision upon reviews from Booking.com (where the hotel enjoys an inexplicably, and un-derserving, 8.9 rating) and did not cross reference with TripAdvisor (which has much more accurate commentary).

I'm not one to write very negative reviews but the poor visit at Hotel Lumin has compelled me to do so. Overall, Lumin is terrible value for money clocking in at nearly $300 per night. For this price, one expects the room to be in good working order, fresh linen/towels, and a reasonable level of responsiveness to issues. You guessed it, none of the above hallmarks were present!

We wrote an email to hotel management (which by the way is just a property manager managing multiple properties - there is no dedicated service!) regarding the malfunctioning shower head (sprayed everywhere), extremely limited hot water (only lasted 2 minutes, hardly long enough to wash the shampoo out of your hair), and a request to change linens/towels. We received a response from the property manager that someone would come by - but, winner winner chicken dinner, you guessed it, no one came by!

The room did have some redeeming qualities but nothing that someone wouldn't expect for $300/night. There was a little mini fridge, updated decor, and the location is great if you want to be in the middle of tourist hell (not the hotel's fault tho but very noisy at night - pub crawl partiers - and morning - street sweepers, garbage trucks, etc). These "plusses" were more than offset by the significance "minuses" - extremely small rooms, a bathroom that is impressive only in the way that they managed to cram a full 3 piece into such a small place (terrible for couples), no fresh towels/linens, disrepair of certain bathroom amenities, and poor service.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the cherry on the cake, the check-in process is a complete disaster (which is detailed by other TripAdvisor reviews as well)! Despite letting management know when we were arriving, we still had to wait over half an hour in the middle of a narrow alley with our bags strewn on the street (a terrible welcoming for weary travelers). Thank goodness there is a nice lady who works at the tourist shop across the street who offered to call the management office (tip to management: most travelers prefer email to calling as we don't have international phones). As I mentioned someone did show up (I'm not going to mention that the restaurants recommended by the representative were largely condemned on Tripadvisor as tourist traps...oops pardon me I just did).

Overall, I would avoid this place - hopefully others will spend their hard earned tourist dollars to a place who respects, and deserves it.

PS - I do tip my hat to the management in one regard, they made us pay upfront therefore negating any possibility of remedying the situation where it matters, the wallet! Good job guys :)

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank JenBuffalove
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Stayed two nights in Dubrovnik and chose Guest house Lumin simply for it's cheap price and very good location.

I'll start with what the only, though major, drawback I experienced. I had booked the room online the day before arriving while I was in Podgorica and had the same morning been sent an e-mail with a request for my arrival time and a telephone number to call on arrival. The problem was as I was travelling by bus I didn't read this e-mail until after I had found the door to the guest house locked and walked around Dubrovnik for 30 minutes to find an open wifi connection to check my e-mail to see if I had received a cancellation e-mail or similar.

Ones finally checked in the room I got in the second floor was more than spacious enough for 1 or 2 people to sleep and relaxed. A major point to keep in mind is that the guest house is situated in an old building in the middle of the old town of Dubrovnik, the stairs are slightly narrow and the ceiling isn't too high. I slept with the windows open and had no sound issues.

There's no breakfast or service included, but there are multiple restaurants serving a varied selection all around the area. If you're a solo traveler or a couple travelling by and just spending a short time in Dubrovnik this is an excellent location from where to explore the fantastic old town. If you're staying for a longer time period would recommend staying somewhere else.

Make sure you get in contact with them regarding check-in in advance.

Room tip: The stairway is rather narrow, stay in the second floor if you struggle with stairs.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mysurp
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

It is undeniable that Lumin is in a perfect location. Situated above a Pizzeria you are in the heart of Dubrovnik. We had no issues with check in as the manager had emailed us offering a transfer from the airport. I replied and told her we would be coming by ferry and what time we would be at the hotel. Maybe this is why our check in was smooth. As mentioned room was very small. In fact the smallest in two weeks in Croatia. It was clean enough although hadn't been dusted under the table in a while. No toiletries in the bathroom. It was loud of an evening, with other guests and the restaurant below. Internet was also not very good. If I were to go to Dubrovnik again I would stay just outside the city walls in an apartment close by. Better to save some money, maybe gain a little space and have a 5-10 walk to the old town. I see why even the locals won't live in there anymore! It is hard to appreciate the distance before you arrive. Perhaps look for an apartment near the chair lift as this area had a great view when we went past

Date of stay: July 2016