Park Plaza Verudela Pula
US$105
US$102
Travelocity
Priceline
All reviewsstudio apartmentthe sofa bedself cateringhalf boardkids clubsea viewlovely resortpool areacrazy golfsunbeds and parasolsper dayground floorfamily holidaythe busproper bedsuper marketliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks in one bedroom apt and really enjoyed our holidays. The apts are quite new, 2 floors with bedroom upstairs, with good furniture. We had a nice side sea view from our balcony in Tisa building. Welcoming staff at the reception and in the restaurant where we had our breakfasts. Free wifi, nice views from the pool and pool bar. Even when a lot of people arrived, we didn't feel like it was overcrowded, large territory nearby where you can take a walk. Aquarium is 5 min walk, nice for children. Small beach, but enough space for everybody. I would definitely recommend this hotel for families with children as well as for young people. I have given excellent ratings, however we were not quite satisfied with cleaning service in our apts. But advantages are obvious and I would like to come to this place once again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Limassola
Arena T, Management at Park Plaza Verudela Pula, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our sea view apartment, our location and facilities. We would like to thank you for your comments about our cleaning service, we'll shared them to the related departments and actions will be taken immediately.
We all look forward to welcome you anytime soon in our resort!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from two weeks at these apartments and must confess to finding the negativity of some other posts extremely surprising . We arrived fairly late at night . The airport is very small and we were through in no time at all . It is only a very short 20 minute journey to the hotel . Check in was efficient . The site is quite large but we were given good instructions and found our room (P.116) with little difficulty . If we had wanted we could have had a lift on a golf buggy which is used to deliver suitcases if required but declined as we were relatively close by .
We stayed in a studio apartment which was fine for 2 of us .Only a minor quibble but the sofa bed might as well be a bed as nobody is ever going to use it as a sofa and it might then be a bit more comfortable . The apartments are very well appointed with cooking facilities and a microwave . There is a coffee maker which can double as a kettle if you prefer . It was a bit unclear how to work the cooker but we didn't really wish to use it anyway . The bathroom is of a high standard with a very good walk in shower which always had hot water . The balcony is a little on the small side but (just) enough room for 2 to sit out . .
The charging for sun beds is obviously an issue for some people but provided you are aware that there will be an extra cost surely you just factor it in ? It might actually be a good thing in that it stops people leaving towels on beds all day and not using them . The pool area doesn't open until 9 o clock so there is no point getting there earlier to try and save a sunbed . In the first week we had no problems in getting a sunbed but the second week was much busier (school holidays in Deutschland apparently) and umbrellas were at a premium probably because of the very hot weather . The lads around the pool were very helpful and did their best to help . The pools are seawater and were very clean and refreshing . The views are absolutely stunning .
The pool bar was very good value (as are all the restaurants in the vicinity) .
On the Tuesday of our first week , there was a visit from a pod of maybe 15 dolphins in the bay . They swam very close and could be seen clearly . Amazing really . Not sure if this is something that happens often or is a rarity but it made a lot of people very happy !
The whole peninsula on which the hotel is set is great for walking around with stunning views . There is a nice marina and a regular stream of boats coming and going .
The sports facilities are some of the best we have seen and reasonably priced .
We were on self catering so used the on site supermarket . As others have said , it is not fantastically well stocked but it is perfectly adequate having bread , milk , drinks etc etc .
Pula is easily reached by bus (11 Kunar) from the stop outside the apartments . Bus 3A is the one to get but it is 2A coming back . Buses run every 20 minutes through the day . Alternatively a Taxi is 70 Kunar . We got the bus to Rovinj which cost 44 Kunar return (but be careful as they have privatised the bus service so you cannot use all the buses a bit like here in the UK with the railways) . Rovinj was special but a bit more pricy .
Pula is the sort of place that grows on you . There are a large number of restaurants and some nice bars to sit outside and watch the world go by . Watched the Croatia v Brazil world cup game in the Arena which was a great experience (Croatia were robbed) .
This was one of the best holidays we have had . Fantastic hotel , lovely staff and people in general , plenty of local history , wonderful weather , great food and drink and , even better , it is still relatively cheap !! Highly recommended .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MikeandSueUK
Arena T, Management at Park Plaza Verudela Pula, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are really pleased to hear all of your nice comments in regards to our resort, service, staff and gastronomic offer. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and look forward to your return in the nearest future!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me begin this review that this hotel has very little, if nothing in common with Park Plaza standards, service attidute or the Carlson network. I am a Concierge (G4) member and have stayed at almost all Park Plaza hotels world wide and over hundred of Radisson Blu and Radisson hotels, so I compare it to a wide spectrum.

RESERVATION / MANAGEMENT / CLUB CARLSON
I made my booking on www.clubcarlson.com and in the information provided on both that website and the official Park Plaza website: http://www.parkplaza.com/pula-hotel-hr-52100/hrvppvp there was absolutely nothing mentioned that as a guest at this hotel (let me remind that the hotel is using its pool pictures heavily in marketing channels) you would have to pay 20 + 20 Kuna for such a basic facilities as pool chair or umbrella (equiv to 6-7 EUR in total) EACH time you want to use it, so if you stay for one week, you have to add 50 EUR pr person if you are a couple or two persons staying at this hotel and using their outdoor pool. On top of that the gym which is being mentioned at the website as a facility is also chargeable at 50 Kuna (8-9 EUR) for each visit. Now to add a story to this, you cannot charge your room for the gym, but you have to bring cash everytime. If you don't have cash, then no entry as I was told. There are two Park Plaza hotels next to each other and even you think they cooperate with each other or share its facilities, you are wrong. This is misleading the customers and I hope the General Manager is reading it when he realizes that he will not have many business customers coming to this property when he will be charging for gym and outdoor pool.

CLUB CARLSON
As a Club Carlson member I wanted to use my points to pay for the ridiculous fees the hotel is charging for its gym or pool-chairs, but hey no, it is not possible, cause as the front desk has informed me, they are NOT CONNECTED to the Carlson account and their Opera (I think that what is is called) system does not support accounting options with points. There goes anything called Club Carlson at this property. You will obviously earn points, but why do you need them if you cannot use them on site. The 15 % discount for Concierge members was also quite of a joke as I was requested every time to take with me the card to show that I am eligible for the discount. They only apply it to food and not to drinks alone and that is against the T&C of the Club Carlson, but I leave it.

ARRIVAL/CHECK-IN
Smooth check-in, but I was lucky not to arrive together with a charter bus. I emailed upfront the hotel few times with questions about the reservation and everything was as expected.

ROOM
The room is clean and tidy. In the two bedroom suite the stairs are a hazard and you can easily slip. You can see that the facilities have been upgraded except of the windows which are old and far from sound-proof. The room is comfortable and provides a descent quality of sleep, except of the noise from other rooms.

SHOPS/SUPERMARKET
You can get anything you want at a supreme price. I wanted to buy a sunscreen, but no shop here at the resort is selling it (??!!!).

RESTAURANTS
You have a choice of restaurants and I have tried all. By far the best in service and food was the private restaurant on the main avenue but I dont recall the name of it. Generally the food was good.

BREAKFAST
Probably the only thing at this hotel that can be called excellent.

POOL
As I mentioned before I believe it is a major no-no for Park Plaza resort to charge for any pool-chairs. I also made point to the staff few times that OUTSIDERS, I mean people from outside the hotel come to the outdoor pool and occupy the chairs. I have seen it many times over the four days I have been here. The pool boy is doing a great job trying to maintain and bring the umbrellas and keep this place tidy, but I had to wait 1 hour to get an umbrella to my chair. In the end it was not possible to use the umbrella. There was one incident that really made me not returning to this property anymore, that was when I was swimming in the pool around 7.30 pm (the pool officially closes at 7.00 pm, but I did not know that and I dont really understand why they close it so early) and one of the female staff members from the Olivia restaurant shouted at me to get out of the pool. We are not in zoo Madam and one does not talk to the guests like they are some kind of animals.

WATER ACTIVITIES
This is some kind of joke. The hotel adverties for jet ski and other fancy water sports, but no body on site has any information about availability or opening hours. I asked the front desk and they gave me a phone number and said that this is a private business. When I eventually found out that place, it was gone and the business does not exist anymore. We guests are no morons and it should be hotels responsibility to provide accurate information to its guests about services provided on site and not ask guests to explore this on their own.

FRONT DESK
All of the staff have acted professionally and acknowledged to me that they have several issues with the pool, but its a management decision due to the lack of availability of sun chairs to all guests (isnt it more important then to verify that people occupying the sun chairs are actually hotel guests and not people from outside the hotel ?). In addition the front desk apologized for problems with the Carlson network, but as the gentlement said himself: "We are still in stone age when it comes to our system Sir".

Room Tip: Sea view, but you don't really get any sea view with a sea view room. The nearby property Park Plaza Histria is a much better choice !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gregas

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Park Plaza Verudela and for your constructive feedback. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction experienced
throughout your stay. This certainly does not reflect the four star service our staff prides themselves on. In order to fully investigate this matter, we invite you to contact us at zklaric@arenaturist.hr. It is our sincere hope that you will give us an opportunity to not only meet your expectations on a future visit but to exceed them.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

we arrived home 1st June after one weeks holiday ,we stayed in a studio apartment which was excellent, clean towels every day plenty of hot water no complaints on the cleanliness of the apartment or the site itself . The staff could not do enough for you every one we dealt with were very friendly and always willing to go the extra Mile we stayed half board and the food was plentiful and lots of variation The matre d was very helpful and friendly she ran a very tight dining room always very professional and helpful, as was Peter who looked after the swimming pool area and sun loungers. our only negative was the bed settee it was always up as a bed and i found it quite awkward to get out of with the metal sides on show and me being afraid of catching my legs but, we did not complain so we must have coped well but just a point if someone as varicose veins all in all an excellent holiday on a beautiful site in a lovely friendly country

Room Tip: we stayed in Lavenda apartments very close to restaurant and pool and beach are very once you find the short cut
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank startrek1456
Arena T, Management at Park Plaza Verudela Pula, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our studio apartment, the overall cleanliness and the friendliness of our staff. Your nice word will be shared with them. We would like to thank you for your suggestions in regards to our bed settee; it is going to be discussed within our management team.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just back from one week half board stay at this hotel I was with two friends and we had a one bedrom apartment plent of space for three ay have ben a bit tight for 4 adults.
Rooms were very clean and shower excellant never a time when no hot water and clean towels every day.
We were very glad we were half board as the supermarket on site was very limited in what they could offer found a very nice wine but they ran out of it after couple of days if you like a G & T take your own gin as none to be had at supermarket.
There was a paper shop on site which sold cigarettes but closed down on our second last day!
There are no other shops within walking distance option was a bus into Pula.

Staff at hotel exceptionally nice especially the boy that looked after all the beds at the pool could not have been more helpful
The area is beautiful we did an all day boat trip from Pula to Rovinga and it was excellant value

Room Tip: We were close to the restaurant and first few days really noisy as group of yongsters from Gibralter there and they congregated below our bedroom window. Think if you are half board they put you near restarant but would have preferred a walk too it as in height of summer think the bar opposite restaurant could also be very noisy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank valerie f

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that you found our staff exceptionally nice and helpful and that the location was also to your liking. Our team will be motivated by your kind words to continue their efforts in providing our valuable customers with quality products and services. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.