“I'm doing it again next year for sure”
Review of Argonaut Istra - CLOSED

Argonaut Istra
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've had a chance to travel to many countries and explore hundreds of destinations in my life. I lived in Europe for almost a year when I was 18 and go back once a year and explore new destinations. I must say that Croatia is now in one of my top three favorite destinations in
the world. Not only is it gorgeous but having a local tour guide/captain Tommy, made it that much more enjoyable. There were three Americans all mid 30s to mid 40s that spent a week on Tommy's boat. We flew in and out of the town of Split. Tommy picked us up there and took us around island hopping for the next six days of pure bliss. There was a little bit of everything to keep us all interested and active. We went and checked out caves, waterfalls, rented scooters, partied in old Croatian forts and castles, went into towns in the evening and checked out the bar scene, sailed all day, chilled on beaches, enjoyed amazing food and drinks! I'm 100% going back. The price is right and the company was great and I highly recommend him for anybody looking to see a lot of Croatia and not be stuck in one
Place. We only had three of us in the three cabins but the boat can easily hold up to 10 if you wanted. It did not have air conditioning which was I was concerned about coming from the United States but every evening it dropped down to the low 60s and you could crack a window to allow some amazing chilly evening sleeping. I even needed blankets some nights and we were there in the hottest time of the year. Tommy was able to navigate his way around the Croatian waters knowing each and every hotspot to go to.

3  Thank shawn88
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our first experience chartering a sailing yacht and skipper - it will definately not be our last. From first point of contact with skipper "Tomislav" we had excellent service - clear communications, knowledgeable about local area and a warmth of personality.

He gave us options of where to go and advised us wisely about weather; length of time sailing etc. We saw beautiful areas of Istria that we would not have seen had we not sailed.

The whole experience was wonderful but made all the more special by our kind, generous of heart and knowlegable skipper

6  Thank bob g