“Outstanding service”

Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dear guests, it has been 30 years since the restaurant PET BUNARA has been firstly established. In all those years it has been groving, changing, modifining... And last few years has become a trend setter and actualy a leading restaurant in Zadar county. Cuisine could be described as; traditional, simple, local jet appreciating new trends emphasizing seasonal offer and, as much as possible, extensive usage of organic, ecological or bio products or groceries. As a result of all mentioned, restaurant PET BUNARA proudly acquired a SLOW FOOD nomination for 2012. In addition, restaurant was the best restaurant in Zadar County according to Ministry of Tourism for 2010.
London
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We ate here on our last night in Croatia. The service was absolutely outstanding: just excellent, better than we received anywhere else in Croatia! Prices were very reasonable given the size and quality of the dishes. We ate inside because it was a rainy night and it was so warm and cosy. For starter we ate smoked beef, prosciutto and cheese. It was very good. Having read the recommendations on TA we decided to eat the Pasticada, especially because we love gnocci and it is a traditional dish here. It was nice, but I was a little disappointed to be honest, I expected a richer sauce. The gnocci was delicious, but very heavy and I couldn't eat everything on my plate! We were very tired, so didn't stay for dessert, which was a shame because the menu looked divine. We would definitely eat here again, it was lovely, but would just choose a different main course.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Novalja, Croatia
“Everything is as it should be”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We haven't eat so well for a long time. It's the time of the mushrooms season so our first meal was made ​​from several types of mushrooms with cheese and ricula. I didn't know that mushrooms are so tasty. After that, we ordered tuna steaks, one with grilled vegetables and the other with mushrooms. And it was delicious, perfectly done, just like we ordered - one medium/rare and one well done, very tasty and soft. Desserts also great and original. For your complete enjoyment there is a great staff that really knows everything about the food offered on the menu and give you a good recommendation. The restaurant has charming terrace and pleasant decorated interior. All in all great experience, highly recommended and will be back for sure.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Klaudio72
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Superb food, faultless service”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just looking at the menu made our mouth water. Service we had from the waitress was faultless (whoever served us on 30th Oct 2013 deserve a praise, sorry forgot to ask her name). We ordered a few traditional Croatian/Dalmatian food to share between me and my fiancé. One of them was Vencovacka Vana, which is a traditional Dalmatian soup. We ordered only 1 but were were served separately from 1 portion! Nice touch. We ordered 2 starters, Smoked Tuna and Octopus with Chickpea. Served together in an elegant way and they tasted gorgeous. Our mains weren't slouch on presentation and taste. Just gorgeous. Certainly one of the top restaurants we've been (including Michelin Starred restaurants).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Seer1234
Dear Seer1234 from Portsmouth, United Kingdom,
Thank you for the highest marks in all segments! It is certainly nice to hear you comparison with Michelin Starred restaurants… Great!
Vladimir
Allerød, Denmark
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our first evening in Zadar we decided to visit Pet Bunara which our hosts had recommended as the food was told to be domestic.
The place is situated just right to the main gate inside the old town so it very easy to find.
The food and service was excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Jens F from Allerød, Denmark
Thank you for your nice review...
Hope to see you again…
Vladimir.
Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were there in May two years ago*(for a review I had to choose a date and I'll put November* since it's the latest option) and we're planning to visit Zadar soon- we will definitely visit Pet Bunara again!

Our first visit was wonderful- there were only few people and we didn't know what to expect since we've just stumbled upon it when we got really hungry and the place didn't seem to have any special visual identity (at least at the time, I have no idea is that changed now) and it seemed to be going through the renovation. We read the menu that was displayed outside and I've already found few things I had to choose from- and I had to come in, because it was one of the places that stood out with the offer.

I took pasticada with fig marmelade and my boyfriend ate pizza frutti di mare (I couldn't believe his choice with all the great meals on the menu, but that's something he easts in every restaurant that offers it and decides is it a good restaurant or not.)

Pasticada was fantastic (I remember it after all this time!) and gnocchi were tasty (tasted like real potatoes) huge and homemade- that won me over.

Service was fast, polite and almost invisible- those are qualities I highly appreciate.

At the time we didn't have a lot of money and I can say we got wonderful food for a really more than acceptable money.

Definitely going back and judging the recent reviews- I'll find everything in its place.

• Visited November 2012
Dear J S from Germany,
Thank you for the highest marks in value, atmosphere, service & food... It is certainly lovely and exhaustive review… Reading it was truly enjoyment…
Vladimir