“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 302 Speciality Lodging in Zadar
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I loved this place, all members of the staff are really friendly and helpful. The place is always clean and the whole vibe there is just so lovely. Is not that far from the city center and there are always taxis (which are not expensive at all) that know where the place is and will take you there safe and sound. I definitely recommend this place, I'd love to come back myself!

Room Tip: Any room is okay
Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The best check in I have ever had, not only were the staff great but gave me the low down on some great places to go and check out. Nothing rushed and more than willing to give me as much local knowledge as I needed.
The hostel was great, clean and modern. Rooms were great for price and great bathrooms.
The bar was the starting point each night. Like the staff this place attracts great people. I was backpacking solo around Europe so having a good bar and chill out area down stairs was great to meet other travellers.
They ran a great pub crawl with once again the staff knowing all the good spots to check out.
With a hangover and 37 degrees the pool was the place to be to revitalise yourself before another day of adventure.
Even though its not in the centre of town it's still the only place to stay in Zadar.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a wonderful cosy little hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. My friend and I wished we had booked 2 nights instead of just the one, it was so very relaxing, much needed after Lost Theory Festival.
The hostel was clean and the bathrooms were like a home from home and guests cleaned up after themselves too which was nice.
My friend Terry and I enjoyed the 15min or so walk to the old town so much so I lost count how many times we did it :)
Zadar is beautiful and if we ever come back we will definitely come back and stay in The Drunken Monkey.
Thanks guys, it's a wicked little place you got there.

Big Hugs

Keely & Terry

Room Tip: We booked the twin room for extra privacy but the bigger rooms seemed cosy too :)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Brad and Kyle and everyone else who works here are absolutely AMAZING. The hostel is really clean with a brilliant atmosphere and everyone was really friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. The hostel has loads to offer as well - with a sun terrace and pool, lively bar and loads of information about Zadar and the surrounding areas. We came back to the hostel twice in one holiday, we've had the most brilliant time! SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!
Holly, Bippie and Alex xx

Room Tip: Banksy room 4LYF
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Lovely staff and beautiful setting, with a swimming pool, loungers, a bbq, hammocks, etc.
Very nice place and reasonably priced bar
The staff spent lots of time showing us where was nice in town, and if we had any queries they were answered straight away. Mirna, Jordan and Brad were all good fun and a great asset to the place
Will

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, so much so that I've been back twice! All the staff are amazing and make all their guests feel so welcome and will cater for what they want to do, like a BBQ or a pub crawl. There are regular tours to the nearby islands, Plitviče lakes and make sure you check out the sea organ in the old town. Or if you just want to chill out, the hostel has a cool back garden with a splash pool, a terrace and a projector in the bar which they often play sports or movies on. I could go on, but just go and find out for yourself! Thank you to everyone who made my stay so amazing, especially Brad and Mummy Tiha.
Emily xx

• Stayed July 2013
Zadar, Croatia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

quaint little spot, super friendly staff as well as the people who stay here. staff keeps the place incredibly clean, and are really helpful in knowledge of the city. theres a little sun terrace on a portion of the roof as well as a bbq and splash pool out back that is just an amazing perk for a backpacker who doesnt recieve such luxuries! little bar on the main floor which is open late into the night however in the rooms you dont hear the noise if anyone is wishing to hit the sack early. cant wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: theyre all amazing
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo