“Definitely not number one”

Bistro Gourmet Kalelarga
Ranked #19 of 203 Restaurants in Zadar
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Novalja, Croatia
“Definitely not number one”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Pleasant atmosphere, although it looks more like a cake shop. It's not very comfortable, but is very clean. Food is not excellent, just a little bit above average. Soup of pumpkin and apple cake were average, but the fish file was great. The waiters were very friendly, but for a restaurant of this reputation should be better. They forgetting things and even two of them were not shaved. All in all a bit above average. I believe that Zadar has a much better restaurants.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Good food and prices. Service issue”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Wife and I ate here for dinner. Nice setting. She ordered a pumpkin risotto (special) and I ordered the octopus salad and the shrimp gnocchi. The waiter asked how we wanted them to come out. We said to bring my salad first and then the gnocchi and risotto at the same time. To make a long story short the risotto came out first and the other two dishes (for me) came together about 20 minutes later. They quickly figured they'd done it wrong. So I had a hot and cold dish to eat out of order because of the mixup. Plus I had to watch my wife eat alone an she had to watch me, which was just weird and kind of ruined the flow of dinner. However our waiter was very apologetic, and said as much several times. He also brought out a complimentary glass of wine to try and make up for the mistake, which was nice. Mistakes happen, so how they're dealt with is what matters most in my boom. That gesture helped save the dinner for me. At least he cared and tried to make it better instead of shrugging it off. We finished with a good lemon and chocolate dessert. All in all the food was good, and I image that the service issue was probably just an anomaly. Prices were reasonable.

Sligo, Ireland
“Nice food but not number 1”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My fiance and I stopped off for lunch here while taking a stroll in Zadar. The food was enjoyable and the interior is modern and clean.
We both went for beef salads although I would mention the salads were very bulked up with far too many croutons. The wine was nice as well and we did enjoy our experience but I feel there are far better restaurants available in Zadar and the surrounding areas which offered a much better experience of Croatian cuisine for better value.

• Visited September 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious....visited more than once!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Came across this superb restaurant whilst in Zadar. We enjoyed a lovely lunch and returned the next afternoon for one of their amazing desserts. On our last night we again returned for a beautiful evening meal. First class...food delicious, staff very friendly and attentive. This place was very busy which says it all. A must if you are in the area!

Visited September 2013
London
“Beautiful outdoor location, great food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Lovely restaurant located in a beautiful courtyard. Service was ok, food was great. We shared the goats cheese to start which was lovely and then both had gnocchi dishes, beef and chicken - both were beautiful. We can also recommend the wine: Istarska Malvazija which was stunning and we searched it out elsewhere later in our holiday.

• Visited August 2013