We booked this hotel for its kid-friendly atmosphere and we were VERY PLEASED with what they offered. The staff was super helpful and friendly, the indoor/outdoor pool was slightly below perfect (would have been perfect if the water was a tad warmer), the indoor/outdoor playgrounds were clean and well maintained, and the weekly schedule of events for kids was impressive. We really enjoyed Maggie in Falky Land!
The Spa was awesome too. We got two great massages and my 5 year old got a "Princess manicure" and the prices were very reasonable, almost too cheap for the quality services you received. Definitely visit the Spa if you stay here!
Rooms were only 4 star as simple things were missing/wrong. We loved the "family room" with separate nook for the kids and large size but the only problem with it was the kids door was directly across from the bathroom. Usually not a problem however, the bathroom door was glass and if you get up in the middle of the night, the light just glares into the kids room which doesn't have a solid door but a slatted door. Plus there was not enough places to put wet clothes or towel. Lastly the shower had amazing pressure and hot water but the pressure was so intense that the hand wand would flip up off the cradle and shoot you directly in the face. Beware and don't put the water pressure all the way on! Otherwise, rooms were clean and large and the beds (including pillows) were surprisingly comfortable.
Food was so-so, and nothing to write home about. We did the all inclusive option but later just asked to switch to breakfast only. I was surprised that being so kid-oriented, that there was no real kid-friendly food unless you feed them pizza or pasta every night which was a staple on the food line. Other then being super convenient, and if you are not touring/leaving the hotel, I would skip the lunch/dinners and eat elsewhere. Of note, if you do plan to leave during the day, you can request a bag lunch to take with you!
Overall, I would recommend this hotel and come back. Location was right on a public beach and the grounds had plenty of room for people to lay on the grass or the pool deck. But it is not close to good restaurants or downtown Zadar so you need to drive to get everywhere. Good thing parking was plentiful in the public lot besides the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik in Zadar offers you sun, sea, lots of fun and the greatest spa and wellness facilities in this part of Europe, all amidst blossoming gardens.The club’s bedrooms are outstanding in terms of size and design and are dominated by Mediterranean colours. Spacious, modern bathrooms, air conditioning and balconies in nearly all bedrooms add to the comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik Hotel Zadar
- Falkensteiner Hotel Zadar
- Falkensteiner Hotel Funimation Borik