“5* all the way !”

Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Zadar
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wow ! What a great hotel ! I stay in many hotels throughout Europe and this has to be one of best in terms of customer service by the staff. It is a large hotel, but every member of staff is kind, helpful and efficient at their job. Rooms are large and very well presented and the food is excellent . We were on all inclusive and the choice, quality of food and service in the restaurant were outstanding. Once of my friends had a food allergy and the head chef personally took her to each food station (and there are many !) and took the time to explain exactly what she could and could not eat. For a busy chef with many jobs to do, this was exceptional. He even made her a special dessert the following evening !
Spa area is exquisite and all facilities at the hotel were excellent.
I have already booked to come back with a group next year.
5* food, service and care al the way .......

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nissanessex
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Nissanessex,,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as wellas for the nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation and the service we provide.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik. I will be more than glad to welcome You.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the second time this year that I have stayed in Falkensteiner Club Funimation Hotel and each time is getting better. The service is excellent in all areas: the staff is very kindly, the food is great and delicious, and my favorite is the wellness area, because each time I return home I always feel totally relaxed and ready for the new workweek because wellness and relaxing weekend in the right environment make miracles. I recommend everyone to stay in this hotel.
Thank You once again for a perfect weekend. I send my regards to the next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Verica B
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Verica B,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our stay was absolutely the best. The all staff was always very helpful and smiling, provided services were great...excellent food, always clean dishes, tables, rooms and the whole hotel area. Comfortable and large rooms. Still a lot of fun with animation team, mainly for children. All our stay exceeded our expectations. Welcome home match with the reality :-)

Room Tip: Rooms placed at sea side and garden are good for view, but not good when traveling with children bec...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jana,

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Yes, stuff is very friendly, food is nice, pools are good... But! I came with 2 kids 2 and 7 years old. In the evenings animation for adults was till 11 p.m. Our room located facing to the pool. It was awefull to listen some karaoke sung by drank people till late. The equipment room is not enough. Pillows are huge! And very bad for sleeping. Finally we slept on blankets. House keeping stuff were not polite- some of that ladies interfered at 8.00 with noise when we were sleeping.
If you decide to visit this hotel ask for quiet room.

• Stayed: August 2013
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Mrs Elen,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words regarding food, personal, pool... Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house.

I must admitt that I'm really sorry You did not enoyed our Animation part and we will deffinetly take Your opinion into account for the next year planing.
Club Funimation Borik is a club concept in a full meaning of that word. The name Funimation comes from combination of the words Fun + Animation and according to that we provide the service to our guests. It is important to highlight that the whole Animation program is a product of our guests whishes and needs during their vacations. In one word, all our guests participate in program making. According to last year questionnaires ( which were sent via E-mail to our guests ), 96% of our guest have shown interest of having Kraoke show in our hotel. From the beginning of the season we had a very good feedback. I feel sorry because You did not like the concept and for sure we are going to discuss the possible improvement

As far as Housekeeping ladies issue concern, I have to appologize if they interupted Your peace. They really do their best to satisfy all guests whishes concerning cleanliness, but obviously some rules have been forgoten.

I hope this moments wan't influence Your decision about visiting Club Funimation again and I will be glad to welcome You personnaly and do my best with one goal: Spending a wonderfull time in our House! Welcome Home!

Best regards!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were really satisfied with the hotel. Everything was nice, clear , modern accommodation, super food, hotel and the staff are friendly to children.
We had a family suit with the balcony , very nice.
We felt really " at home".

Room Tip: room with the view to the hotel garden is quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Dana,

Welcome Home!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and advise to our friend to visit it with children.

Accommodation. Rooms are well-equipped, modern and clean. Be careful, there are rooms without balcony(!) in most category. All "sea-view" and "side-sea-view" rooms are with balcony.

Staff. Very friendly, polite. Easily speaks English and German. Russian is understandable. Honest and hard-working. We left tips at a table in our room, it wasn't taken.
I really liked to watch how staff reacts to children: with pleasure, no one sign of annoying.

Food. Excellent. Tasty, diverse. We're served with sucking pig, lamb, turkey, chicken, hake, sardine, mussel, shrimp and even lobster, etc. A lot of fruits. Ice-cream was served at lunch, fresh juice, nuts – at breakfast. Vegetables could be more diverse but good anyway.
Fruits are served at the bar and reception during a day.

Entertainment. Good. Very lively and funny animators. A lot of different activities for kids, they even participated in some performance. Two times per week a band played well-known pop-music.
Animation is stopped at 11 p.m.

Beach. No private beach, only public. Residents come at week-ends, sometimes could be noisy. There is sandy-beach close to pool. It is good for kids: not deep and warm. 70m left-hand from it there is shingle-beach for adults with absolutely clean water and wonderful pines which gives amazing smell and good shade all day long. For any of it you'll need slippers, it could be bought at the hotel for about 7 euros.

WELCOME HOME!

Room Tip: Be careful, there are rooms without balcony(!) and really bad view. All "sea-view" and &qu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Anna,

thank You very much for Your nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm realy glad You recognized our effort in servise quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. The people are the one who make difrence quality wise... Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very good with childeren! A lot off fun for the childeren, a lot off animation.. Good food. Zadar is an nice city. Very good weather. Good cocktails :-) and entertainment in the evening is also good. Welcome Home!

Room Tip: Family suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Jan,

thank You very much for Your nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm realy glad You recognized our effort in servise quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik to have a nice cocktail together... :)

Ivan Polak & Funimation team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zadar
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
#4 of 22 in Zadar
Hotel Bastion
Hotel Bastion
#5 of 22 in Zadar

Been to Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik? Share your experiences!