“Nice rooms, close beach”

Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Zadar
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize that this was a family resort until I opened my window and saw bunnies in a stage review but, hey, they have a bar a good rooms. I was on a week of sailing in this spectacular setting. This hotel is too notch and a good choice. The venue is surrounded by parkland and a few good restaurants, like the Niko. Or, eat here on the all inclusive plan.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rider123
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Rider 123,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your stay.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, We will be more than glad to welcome You and Your family.

There are newer reviews for Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just returned today 12th July after two brilliant weeks at this hotel. When we first arrived we weren't that impressed by the outside but once inside it was great. Check in was fast and the staff were so helpful. We booked a family suite and it was great. The rooms are really clean and big. The cleaning staff are great just wish they didn't start hoovering at 8am. The facilities at the hotel are excellent. The quality of the food was very good and we never got bored of the selection. Friday night is the best night for food selection. The jet skiing was an added bonus. I have to say however what really makes the hotel so great is the animation staff and the relaxed atmosphere. There were so many activities for my husband and two teenage sons to join in. From day two all of the staff knew our names and made us feel so welcome. Miran, Bernarda and Daniel were excellent and the younger staff such as Theo, Joespa and Valentina were also fantastic. We all had a ball. The theme of the hotel is "welcome home" and we certainly felt that.

There is a small supermarket directly across the road which sells cheap bottled water and chocolate. The drinks in the all inclusive are ok but you need to purchase the bottled water. For those of you looking for a Catholic Church nearby there is one a few streets away called The Immaculate Conception mass times are 9 30 and 11 and not 10 30 as stated in the hotel.
One recommendation for the hotel would be to include hand rails for access into the pools. As a disabled guest I was unable to gain access to the main pools as nothing to hold onto. I would highly recommend this hotel and thank the staff for a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Simon H
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Stevie50084,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation with your sons and the service we provide.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, I will be more than glad to welcome You and Your family.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fabulous hotel for children, styed for a week and the kids loved it. Numerous pools, lots of activities being run

Great weather and good location in croatia would definetly recommend, food was ok, but even though we were all inclusive we dont over like buffetts so went out for 4 of the 7 nights to great restaurants in Zadar, 5 minute cab ride away.

we had a suite which was huge and great seperate room for children

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diveboy77

Dear Diveboy77,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation with your kids and the service we provide.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I have recently returned from our stay at the Funimation Borik which I can only say was OK. While we were very privileged to have been upgraded from our stay at the Hotel Adriana (adjoining hotel) into two luxury suites, these rooms seemed totally out of place in the Funimation. They also lacked some care & attention as I don't think they get used that often either.

Perhaps if we had wanted all inclusive (our first experience of this & wont be repeated), buffet only, lots of children, and entertainment in this huge complex, then we would have been extremely satisfied. Having stayed twice previously at the Iadera (fabulous) and three times at the Adriana (excellent) hotels we have been spoiled. We do not want to forage for food, cutlery and crockery or have our plates whipped from us mid-mouthful by the over efficient staff who have to clear up ready to restock for the next planned mealtime.

The suites we were moved into, were huge and apparently 750euros per night. They were very spacious, with big terraces and private pool. However, the local seagulls & pigeons also frequented the terrace & pool which had gone unnoticed by the hotel cleaning staff until we alerted them. The pool should also operate as a spa, but no switch could be found to get it to work, as the air conditioning both of which we reported to the hotel reception, but no one ever came to resolve/repair. The kitchenette is equipped with a hob, plates, lots of wine glasses and some cutlery, fridge & a juicer. There is no saucepan, kettle, or any cooking equipment other than a hob, so pack your own if you wish to prepare anything for yourself!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank czieli
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Czieli,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for Yoou kind review on Trip advisor. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house.

I'm really sad our hotel did not meet your expectation. As it is known we are fully family and club concept with all facilities coming with this category. Our hotel offer 258 rooms and it's reasonable that we have lots of guests at the same time. As a family brand we are very popular among the families providing service they need and ask for ( we got a numerous awards within this segment ). Surelly, You were looking for some quiet and peacefull place without noise and lots of children running around. We upgraded You in our best luxury rooms in order to ensure You great stay, but obviously some other things were more important. I'm really sorry we did not provide You best vacation caused with hotel segment which does not satisfies your vacation priorities.

I do hope so this expirience wan't influence Your decision about visiting one of our hotels from another segment ( wellness, city... ) and I'm sure we will provide You best service nex time.

With best regards!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had a great time at this hotel as they make it as easy as possible to relax. Transfer to/from the airport was accomplished with an email. Information regarding the kids club/child activities was given immediately at check in, as were all directions in regards to dining. The family room was fantastic, with two bunk beds for our girls and a separate bedroom for mom and dad, the balcony was also extra large.

The hotel itself was nice, but absolutely directed towards children in terms of the pools, meal and dining times, and activities, but that is exactly what we wanted. The hotel also made it extremely easy to book excursions and rent a car.

We would recommend this place to friends with small children, and the area of Zadar in general.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Jack J,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 11 days in June. The hotel is perfect for families and have a wide range of activities. There is a childrens club and mini-disco for the youngest, different sports activities for the teenagers and water aerobics, yoga and pilates for adults. There is also a gym and a very nice spa.

We were very pleased with the all-inclusive, except for the drinks. All softdrinks are from a local brand, and the only sugar-free option is sparkling water. Beer, red and white wine are inclusive, but not sparkling wine and no coctails. We have stayed in several all-inclusive hotels before, and have always had a better selection of drinks.

But all in all a very good hotel, we can absolutely recommend it.

PS! Bring a repellent! Several of the guests have huge red areas from moschito bits. It seems like it is common to have an allergic reaction.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BenedicteJo

Dear BenedicteJo,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation with your family and the service we provide.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visitied for four day break in May for honeymoon. Staff very friendly and polite, nothing seemed too much effort, we were even upgraded to a fabulous suite - complete with four poster bed!
Food is fantastic - always something to cater for every taste, even fast food hotdogs and kebabs were good. Old town of Zadar is well worth a visit. We have travelled to many parts of the world but this is one of the first times we've said we would happily return. Bar workers very friendly and always service with a smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Nicholas James W,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your honeymoon and the service we provide as well as we appreciate Your motivating words.

Ivan Polak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zadar
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
#4 of 21 in Zadar
Hotel Bastion
Hotel Bastion
#5 of 21 in Zadar

Been to Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik? Share your experiences!