Hotel President
Hotel Niko(Zadar)
Mediteran(Zadar)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2008

We were alerted by the reviews we had read. The hotel has been beautifully finished, and the staff are trying herd to be helpful. The downside is the expense ($1300Kna) in May,and 70kna for the carpark which we thought a bit steep. They tried the 'Visa machine is broken' trick on check in but we explained we had no access for that sort of cash and it was Visa or nothing. The machine worked fine next morning.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2008

Problem on my stay not previously experienced by reviewers -- credit card machine is broken and I had to pay in cash. Desk clerk at check-in said it had not been working "for a long time". Next morning desk clerk said repairman was coming that afternoon.

He didn't show up so I had to make two trips to ATM to get enough cash. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed in where if machine was broken they couldn't hand process the charge.

I would think anywhere in the world you can get a credit card machine repaired if you really wanted it. . .. could this be a way to avoid the small charges for using credit card.

Previous reviewers wrote wifi did not work above first floor. I was on second floor and no signal. I could walk down the steps to the first floor to send and receive or go tot he lobby. And Desk Clerk seemed surprised it didn't work on second floor.. he should read Trip Advisor.

One other problem.. hotel made me a reservation for dinner in Zadar and marked restaurant on the map. Got there and it was a teenage disco. . .. I didn't have address and no one knew the location. ... Had to walk back to car to get guidebook. . . then I was able to locate.

Breakfast was okay and staff tried to be helpful even if they didn't succeed.

One other note. .. .other readers seem to be catching on. . first night I was the only guest. .. and second night I believe there were two other rooms occupied.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank DownSouthUS
Reviewed 16 May 2007

The hotel is inconveniently located, outrageously overpriced and has a indifferent and/or hostile staff that seem to feel they're representing a Ritz, not a very pretentious Croatian B & B. We requested a sea-view room, but didn't receive one even though the hotel was empty. They encouraged us to have dinner in the hotel restaurant, and then charged us over $100 for a bottle of mediocre Croatian wine and several more $100s for the dinner which was marginal at best, and they wouldn't adjust the price when we complained. The over-the-top bordello decor looks like something from a bad movie. This is by far the most egregious example of a hotel ripping off its guests that I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank apresvous
Reviewed 29 April 2007

LUXURIOUS? well, Hotel President obviously does a good marketing, travel guides repeat the hotels' statements in the commercials: "pure luxury", but after spending one night there (we planned to stay 2 nights) I have to say: it is a very average hotel, rather 3 than 4 stars. Everything is ok and average, except for the prices. The rooms are ok, but nothing special, the bathroom had 5 square meters and only a shower. Our room was recommended at the reception as a bit bigger and more ecpensive room (and it was still off season). But for 190€ you definetly can find much better places. The service is really friendly, but not extremely well educated. And the prices for drinks and food are extraordinarily high (a glass of FREIXENET for 25€ ?).
The restaurant showed the same experience, for a very ordinary 2 course meal, which was ok, but nothing special or fancy or extremely nice, with a bottle of local white wine we payed almost 200€, even Dubrovnik was not as expensive (and much better) than this dinner.
I have no idea how this hotel can charge those prices. After staying at the Hilton in Dubrovnik (very expensive but very nice) this hotel was a huge disappointment, since you simply feel cheated paying huge anmounts for very average things.
I would not recommend to stay at the hotel President.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank german2
Reviewed 14 August 2006

Good hotel in a beautiful city. Though the hotel is removed from the city center, so are the others and the President is a better choice. it is very clean and confortable, and nicer than the Adriana Select, around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2006