“Nice renovation”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sibenik
Opatija, Croatia
“Nice renovation”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Ivan for a weekend at the end of April this year. Although the rooms are nicely renovated and the bathroom has a very nice touch, the hotel seems very new. So new that there were still renovation works going on outside and inside the hotel. This seemed like a pre-opening phase were staff and hotel still needs to find themselves.
The biggest plus of the hotel is the outside of the resort. Huge and beautifully in all details. Plus and Minus at the same time: There is something for everyone; adults and kids, upscale customers and campers, cultural and mass turism.
One more thing that people should ask if they book that resort: "Do you have a seminar at that time?" As this was the case during our stay, it was hard to even get a drink at the bar inside or outside. I think this was poorly organised.
With all that I could live but then comes the breakfast which was special. Of course people sleep little longer but that is not a crime. At 10.00 in the morning the staff stopped to re-do the breakfast tables for further guests and you had to sit at dirty tables. If that means that I need to stand up at 8.00 to get a clean table, then good-night. Like in the old era of communist hotels. Hello Tito. The area and breakfast room is however very nice designed and openly with seaview which I find great, but please work on the service.
All in all I hope that this hotel and resort find their way, maybe to motivate the staff with a little better wages would get them values in the customer side. This is definetly the job of the operator or owner and still in Croatia they can learn how to treat the employees in order to let them pull on the same string.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Fofo05
Antica B, Manager at Solaris Hotel Ivan, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for giving us valuable feedback and we are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied woth your stay. The hotel was renovated during this winter but the works were completed in the April. We were doing the final touches while you were there and we`re sorry that it left such an impression.
Great care was given to planning and organizing of various facilities for kids and adults and there is a lot of different things to do in the resort. Thank you for recognizing this.
About the breakfast - it is served until 10 am and then the preparation for the next meal begin. We`re sorry that you did not get a clean table and we will certainly improve this.
Thank you again for your opinion and we hope it won`t keep you away from the Solaris in the future. We listen to our guests` wishes and suggestions and renovated Hotel Ivan is a prime example of that practice.

Best regards,
Vedran Kopacevic,
Hotel Ivan Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
linter-belgium
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've spent some holidays at the Solaris Beach Resort first week of may. We were staying in the hotel Ivan, which has been completely renovated.
The staff was very helpfull (they even carried our bags to the room) and the room was bright and very neat. Unfortunately we had no balcony.
The buffet was variated in the morning as well as at evening diner.
The whole complex is very clean and you could easely spent a holiday without leaving the resort.
I will surely return to Solaris later on this year or else next year!

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Antica B, Manager at Solaris Hotel Ivan, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We appreciate your kind words and we are happy that you enjoyed your holiday. We are working hard to be "dalmatian paradise", as you`ve said, and we hope to see you again this or next summer.

Vedran Kopacevic
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I moved to Ivan after 1 night at hotel Niko located within the same resort. By comparison the rooms are nicer and hotel looks brand new and clean. Unfortunately, rude and unprofessional staff at reception ruins the pleasant first impression. First, a girl called Katarina told me I don't have reservation. I had to search my mailbox and show her letter from booking.com. After that she has "found" my reservation in the system. Later that evening I went to reception again and asked them to restore my wifi. I lost a password for speed Internet that I purchased earlier that morning at hotel Niko (sister hotel located within the same resort). I honestly thought that there should be no problem: since I had a paper with confirmation of earlier purchase of high speed internet access they would give me new password or restore previous one. Wrong! Hotel Ivan's receptionist called Katerina and her colleague from Niko's reception called Anna forced me to buy another login and password.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Yurgeneva
Antica B, Manager at Solaris Hotel Ivan, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Yurgeneva,

First of all, allow me to thank You for choosing Solaris Beach Resort for Your vacation in Croatia. We appreciate You taking the time to write this review. Our guests' opinion is of great importance, it helps us to learn and improve the quality of our services.

We can understand that you were disappointed when our receptionist could not immediately find Your reservation in the system, it was easier for her to search by confirmation number because Your name was not written correctly in the reservation. Situations like these can happen sometimes but we do apologize if You feel that she has not done enough to help You with resolving this inconvenience.

We would also like to apologize for the problem You had with the Internet password. This is definitely a mistake on our part; our receptionists should have handled this situation differently and asked for instructions from senior staff if they were not sure what to do. We are sure that if the front desk manager or hotel manager were aware of this inconvenience it would have been resolved on the spot and Your experience in our hotel would have been completely satisfying.

Thank You for the positive comments on the rooms and the cleanliness of the hotel. We are pleased to see that our efforts to maintain a high level of housekeeping service and the highest standards of cleanliness are recognized by our guests.

We are very happy that you enjoyed staying in Hotel Ivan – the hotel was renovated in 2013. and now has 372 completely new rooms which combine modern design and traditional Dalmatian motives. Dalmatian atmosphere can be felt on the entrance in the hotel because of the vineyard planted by the main entrance. We are proud of our exclusive champagne bar which is connected with the terrace with a beautiful view. Guests of the hotel can use also use the complex of indoor pools with heated fresh and sea water as well as outdoor swimming pool with sun beds. On our 4 km long coast guests can enjoy our 5 different theme beaches with numerous facilities, restaurants with gastronomic specialties, many beach clubs and bars.

Once again, please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced, we will do our best to make sure situations like these don't happen again. We have been continuously working on training our reception staff and investing in their education to make sure our guests receive the highest possible level of service.

I sincerely hope that staying in Solaris was all together a pleasurable experience for You and that you will visit Solaris again and give us the opportunity to make your next stay a memorable vacation!

With kind regards from Solaris,
Vedran Kopačević
Solaris Hotel Ivan Manager
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I was in Hotel Ivan during one weekend in April and I have to say that I am impressed with the hotel. As I`ve heard, it is completely renovated for this season.
Rooms are nice and comfortable, very sunny with a nice view.
My compliments go to hotel staff that really made my stay a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niels H
Antica B, Manager at Solaris Hotel Ivan, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear mr. Niels,
thank you for your valuable feedback.
Hotel was renovated during winter and now is much more comfortable with bigger rooms.
We are happy that you`ve enjoyed your stay here and we will do our best to make your holidays enjoyable the next time we see you here.

Vedran Kopacevic
Hotel Ivan Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sibenik
Solaris Hotel Jure
#8 of 12 in Vodice
D-Resort Sibenik
D-Resort Sibenik
#1 of 13 in Sibenik

Been to Solaris Hotel Ivan? Share your experiences!