When I arrived at hotel Ivan in Sibenic I was surprised to notice that the hotel has been completely renovated in a way that perfectly fits this part of the Adriatic sea. The hotel had neat vibe to it overall, and the rooms were also surprisingly nice. The breakfast was also satisfying, and the restaurants they have around the resort, offer you a good selection of rustic and Mediterranean cuisine.
The reason why I gave this hotel a average score instead of excellent is because of many bad management decisions that the administration has obviously taken and which reduce the overall experience in a otherwise wonderful resort.
1) Many chairs at the pool were broken, and the umbrellas left much to be desired, as a matter of fact I ended up resting somewhere underneath the rocks which provided a natural protection from the sun.
2) The pool had significant quantities of sand and or other insects. Although not a complete nuisance, the administration might consider cleaning the pool more often.
3) The internet was completely monopolized by the hotel which offered you a free wifi option which didn't work, but you could also pay for it and nothing would change. Eventually after various complaints from many disgruntled tourists, they finally decided to revamp the wifi for free. Nonetheless I find it very disconcerting that hotels still don't offer the basic wifi service in 2013.
4) They charged you for everything including the atrocious slide next to the beach, which was really uncomfortable to use, and the pebbles on the ground would injure your feet.
Conclusion: management you need a more hands on approach, don't let such a beautiful hotel slip into a state of decadence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solaris hotel Ivan**** is a brand new hotel. Fashionable design with authentic Dalmatian theme intertwined in all the elements of the hotel. Replication of unique vineyards of Primošten along with famous quality wine sort Babić are only part of Šibenik's regional history and tradition which will enliven throughout our new hotel contents. 372 completely redecorated rooms (superior, deluxe and connected door rooms), a restaurant with a beautiful terrace and wine bar with numerous autochthonous wines, night club, new congress capacities, a completely renovated Solaris Wellness & Spa Mediterranean garden are only a small part of numerous other surprises which will await for you in Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solaris Hotel Ivan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solaris Hotel Sibenik
- Solaris Hotel Ivan Croatia/Sibenik