“food is good, prices are high”
Review of Van Gogh

Van Gogh
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Yalta
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Impressions about the property from season to season are accompanied by excellent epithets, whether it is a food, fancy chefs or service and the hospitality of the staff. Talking about this cafe is hard to shake the feeling that its main advantages over the long and well-known, and it can only be of updates to the season of 2013. Yet. When a foodie hears about Mediterranean cuisine, in his mind immediately are olive, cheese and pasta, dry wine, grilled meat, lots of fresh herbs, freshly caught fish and mussels - all the best that can give a sun-filled land of southern Europe. Here, in Yalta, Massandra on the beach, a small island located in the Mediterranean Ukraine, and his name - a beach café Van Gogh. Our pride - meze of meats (seafood?) Will become the undisputed hit of the season in 2013, the same as on the banks of the Greek archipelago or the cozy tavernas. And at the end of the season we will introduce you to the festival figs, the oldest cultivated plant on the planet, and a variety of dishes with his participation. This summer, we offer you traditional farm fresh salads, tender meat, crispy pizzas, premium desserts. Selection of drinks and bartenders art will complement the atmosphere of calm and relaxation, and the sound of the surf at arm will complete the picture. We do not have "walk-through" of food and snacks, our every dish - a small masterpiece. We hope that you will appreciate the skill of the team Van Gogh. There is nothing to prevent you to have a good time, and we - we'll do our best to get you back here! We would be happy to tell you about each dish cafe van Gogh, but is it dry lines of text can convey aroma of freshly baked bread, freshly fried steak, olive oil and herbs, baked mussels,
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice outdoor place, worth visiting in the low-season - otherwise, it's quite noisy there. Massandra beach is totally crowded.
A bit of a sea-view, obstructed by the same restaurant's small kebab building.
Liked the pizza, creme-brulee also quite good.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was many times in this restaurant in Massandra beach in Yalta. The food is excellent, service very professional and prices are ok! And you can order your meal in Massandra beach near the sea and a waiter will bring you your meal from Van Gogh Restaurant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

High prices, not very good service, although the food is rather good and it is the only one place to eat on the beach.

mark_but, Public Relations Manager at Van Gogh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for your review.
It's a pity, that you called our prices "high". They are near to middle price in Crimea and even lower than in most of cafes in Yalta.
Still glad that you have enjoyed our food and waiting you to come back in our gourmet island:)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Before explaining the cryptic title, here's the run-down of the overall experience…

I love the sunflowers and wall paintings. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. Even going with just myself was a treat. The food was delicious and the price was slightly above average for Ukraine, but on the mark for Yalta (by my experience).

Now, the title:

I went one night and was waited on by a very friendly woman who actually looked happy that I was there. Keep in mind this is Ukraine, land of don't-look-at-anyone-or-you-will-die-from-embarrassment. The service for national standards blew my mind away.

I was walking by the restaurant the next night, and she actually looked up and waved. She recognized me!

Now, remember, this is a country I was traveling alone in. I knew nobody in Yalta, so even a friendly wave meant the world to me. I hope she reads this and knows that she provided outstanding service.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

There were an english menu, the food was ok but the servings were a bit on the small side. Prices were ok, but rather high by Jalta standards.