“Nice hostel, great location”
Review of City Hostel

City Hostel
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here 2 nights in the private room with its own bathroom (3rd floor). The room was comfortable, reasonably clean, with air conditioning and TV. The shower in the bathroom is a bit shabby and a few towel holders are broken, but otherwise it's spacious enough and clean. Don't forget to take your own towels and shower gel/shampoo - you only get free soap. The lock on the bathroom door was broken when we arrived, but they fixed it when we complained. In front of the room, there's a small kitchenette - very useful.
Tip for the girls - don't bother washing your hair at the hostel. There's at least 5 hairdressers in the neighborhood and they're good and very, very cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed in this hostel for one night with a Group of friends. It is a good hostel, in a good location. Possibilities to do proper cooking. Staff was kind and helpful, Hostel quite small so not the best for larger Groups.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

City Hostel in Novi sad in a fairly new and well kept, facility, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the sheets provided are fresh. There is a small kitchen available next to the rooms.
Be warned:You do have to pay for towels, the parquet on the top floor is very loud and the number of bathrooms and toilets is limited so it might take a while if the entire room goes there at the same time.

But considering the minuses and the price it is a bargain and I would stay there there again.

Room Tip: the top floor has a smaller number of beds in a room, but the parquet is very loud and there is only...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed there for two nights in March 2013. It is not far from the main square and main central streets. Staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. Room was very nice set, with a big double bed. There was LCD TV and private bathroom as well. It was very cheap but very clean and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MirzaMM
Reviewed 16 October 2013

In this hostel there are two good things. Many beds in one room (like 10 beds in one room - good for party people on festivals) and kindly staff. Everything else is bad. In room there are no towels, so if you don't have one you can take a shower (be prepare for that). I know this is low budget hostel but for 15 euros you can stay in low cost hotel with everything. Here you cant find shower gel or something. Like I said before this hotel is good when you are big company and want to find something cheap at good location. Another problem are the insects which are too many! Cleanliness is below average level.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aleksandar S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

After some incredibly bad orienteering my friend and I found ourselves quite lost, and without a map in Novi Sad. Luckily, we phoned up City Hostel, and they helped us find our way to the hostel! The beds were comfortable, clean, and after experiencing many other hostel bathrooms, I would have to say this shower was incredible! Friendly atmosphere amongst all the guests, and I can imagine during the festival it must be crazy! The staff were incredibly helpful, phoning up the train station for us to find out times, telling us where we could go, and Olga taught me how to make Turkish Coffee! All in all a great hostel in a lovely city! Will stay here again when I revisit Serbia!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HarryHB
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I chose this place based on positive reviews and I was not at all disappointed. We had a double room with private bathroom and it was excellent - clean and comfortable. Being on the top floor, it was also quiet, though we were not inside that much. On the floor there is a shared kitchen with mini fridge, sink and electric stove which come in handy if you want to prepare breakfast or quick snacks.
The staff is friendly and helpful and they speak fluent English. You get a free map of the city (handy!), but don't count on the shot of rakija another reviewer mentioned. Maybe that was something special. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.
We traveled by car and I was very happy that I could find a free parking spot right in front of the hostel. Also, the place is right at the edge of the old town, in a very nice and clean area. You can get in the center pedestrian area in 5-10 minutes of walking and to Petrovaradin in about 15-20 minutes (walking uphill to the fortress is another story).
There are bakeries and quick marts and cafes very close, which is very convenient.

The only bad thing I could say is that the lock of the bathroom door was jammed. I could've noticed the staff and probably they would have fixed it, but I just used my multipurpose tool to operate the lock.

All in all, I highly recommend the place, especially if you travel by car.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and privacy, go for the double room with private bathroom on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple