“tasty food in a cosy, non-smoking restaurant”
Review of Astal Saren

Astal Saren
Ranked #14 of 274 Restaurants in Novi Sad
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

++ delicious food, tastes like home-made
++ feels like eating at grand-ma's because of the decoration and the old pots (for soup for example)
++ good service
++ fair price
++ rare for Serbia, it is a non-smoking restaurant (at least downstairs)
++ good coffee

4  Thank Travelmonsta

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Few of my friends recommended me this restaurant. They said that atmosphere is unique and cute. And it is. But..
"Astal saren" is not a traditional restaurant nor a place with local food. They serve only grilled meat and that is, by my oppinion, something more suitable for fast food place. On the MENU you can find a few soup options but i wasn't to much into taste. Sad thing is that they don't serve cooked meals, except "Gravce na tavce" but this dish wasn't on the menu the day I was there. It was saturday, Exit festival and you don't have a dish!? That is just unacceptable.

1  Thank Bojan M
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Trully amazing dinner, good service, nice house wine. Start your evening tour of Novi Sad from this little cosy restaurant that has a lot to offer! !!

3  Thank BojanBiljecki
Reviewed 6 July 2014

great meet, good beer, nice prices, and great location.
We ate there twice, and loved everything.

If you want to eat where locals do - go there!

3  Thank Liron M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nicely spotted in the center of the old city, the decoration is beautiful makes you feel as if you are in the country side and not in a city.
Service was excellent, menu is rich with many local plates especially BBQ ones, since we are from Greece we opted for something similar to Greek dishes.
Most of the food was excellent, kevap was good but I believe what I tasted in Mostar was the best, I would suggest to meat lovers the stuffed pork, excellent dish with rich meat flavor.
Prices were fantastic, unfortunately we could not enjoy our food outside since the place is crowded even with locals.
Surely a place I will gladly visit again if I am in the area.

1  Thank petkostas