“Nice and comfortable”
Review of Hotel Park

Hotel Park
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Novi Sad
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I spent few days here during one bussiness trip. Rooms are nice, comfortable, clean, bathroom is ok, everything really excellent. But it was my first time in five star hotel so I can't compare. Breakfast was very good and staff is helpful. There was small problem with wifi connection and free PCs are often occupied. Unfortunately we haven't tried swimmingpool, fitness centre and spa. Congress hall was nice with very comfortable chairs (nice to sleep there) but little bit cold (air-conditioned). The place is quiet but more than 15 minutes walk from the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ewyk
There are newer reviews for Hotel Park

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have spent only one night in this hotel and I have absolutely no complaints! The bedroom was big and confortable, the breakfast was good and served in an elegant room. The Lobby is beautiful, arious and very clean!

Really good price for breakfast included: 1 night € 63.5!! The Wifi connection is phe not perfect. Only disadvantage is the not perfectly centered position, but it's close enough to the no-car zone of Novi Sad.
Deeply suggested for both business and vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cioppy84
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Before I stay here, I read many reviews here and decided to book this hotel. I must say, be prepared to "underwhelm". It's definitely not even close to a 5 star, international standard.

First, the services and staffs are wonderful! The lobby is quite roomy so it's greatt. Plus the rate is very affordable.

The decor is quite out dated and you would see RED everywhere. :) Nothing wrong with that, just too much red decor. When you walk in the lobby, the first thing that hit you is the smoke that lingers from the guesses that lounging in the area. You just need to walk from the entrance to the check-in counter and your clothes will wreath of smoke that I have to wash them the next day.

The room is clean daily and all tidy. My problem is the shower. It's small and I was having a hard time showering. I am neither a big nor tall person. I wonder how these large and or tall people shower in this tiny shower. My elbow kept hitting the glass as I was using the soap or shampoo my head. I had to make mental note not to move my hands too much. As for the hot water, it changed from hot to cold constantly so I had to take more cold than hot shower.

The AC and the heater did not work. I can hear it's running but nothing happen. I had to open the window for 5 to 10 min to keep the room cool and close before going to bed. Bed is not that comfortable but acceptable.

Overall, i would say it's just an average hotel with an average price. The biggest bonus, the room has wonderful Wi-Fi connection and it's included. That alone is a "star".

Room Tip: Besure to ask for a non-smoking room or you will get a smoking room automatically. I did book a non...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 3musketeers24
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Although it bills itself as a five-star hotel, it feels more like a good four-star place. The service is certainly good, but not memorable. The overall installations are comfortable, but not luxurious; and they could be in better taste.

Why did I not give it a five-star review, as a four-star hotel?

1. The fact that it bills itself as more than it really is; I find this a bit annoying.

2. My bathroom had a smelly drain beside the sink. Had to keep it covered by a towel.

3. Heating was too hot and there was no possibility to regulate room temperature.

4. Shower head cannot be taken higher than 1,60m from the bathtub floor, so you need to bend down to wash your hair.

5. No possibility of charging your bar tab to your room: had to pay on the spot.

6. Curtains did not make the room dark when pulled; they are made of a cloth that allows light to pass through.

Positive aspects of my stay:

1. Good food at the restaurant: simple, but well prepared. I could have eaten there for a week without growing tired of the menu.

2. Multiple channels available on TV

3. Fast elevators

4. Good meeting rooms

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank FernandoLanzer
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Although it has some characteristics of a very good hotel, it definitely is not five star hotel. It is somewhere between three and four stars. Service is average - do not expect doorman, or similar services; only receptionist and some basic services. Lobby is spacious and looks really good. Check in and check out is very efficient. Rooms are average, with outdated furnishing and equipment. Breakfast is basic, and waiters can be rude and loud. Water in the pool is warm. You can use parking space for free, and no reservation was necessary. All in all, it was good value for price I paid. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I have been in Park Hotel Novi Sad 2 times during last 3 years, during business trips. 1st time left me with best impressions: big, typical 4 stars hotel, with big rooms, nice restaurant and very professional staff. This image however was tottaly ruined during my last visit this year. My room was small like a wardrobe, the bathroom tiny, there was no place to hang my clothes or put my suitcase and the room was dark like a cave. When I protested at the reception and asked for another room, they seemed rather unwilling to assist me. The fact that my company uses this hotel frequently, didn't affect them at all and when I said that I woul leave they didn't blink an eye... So I left and I'm never gonna go back in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel! There are others much better, cheaper and more conviniently situated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank antonio r
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stayed at the ParkHotel (local 5*) on business trip to Serbia. The Danube flows through Novi Sad which had all three bridges blown up by Nato bombing during the 'troubles' some years ago, but thankfully all restored so you CAN get across the river to the historic 17thC fort/castle that dominates the City. Previoulsy the State owned hotel it has everything that a modern business/tourist hotel needs including free internet (OK), pool, sauna, nice outside bar, etc. Rooms are more than adequate with TV with many English Channels, perfectly OK shower etc as well as well stocked mini-bar. Laundry is great with shorts etc often returned in the morning if left out overnight (which is even better if your airline loses your luggae for 4 days !!!), and at 65Euro pn....can you possibly complain ?

Room Tip: It is surrounded by Park so not crammed in City centre hotel at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 27 in Novi Sad
Hotel Planeta Inn
Hotel Planeta Inn
#7 of 27 in Novi Sad

Been to Hotel Park? Share your experiences!