“Very Enjoyable Evening, Tasty Seafood”
Review of Galerija

Galerija
Ranked #13 of 108 Restaurants in Kotor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean fish and seafood, balanced freshness of the salads, perfectly seared steaks, warm traditional bread, Italian balsamic and locally produced olive oil is just the beginning. Open from breakfast through dinner Galerija offers traditional Montenegrin cuisine with a twist of international flare - olives, young cheese, ham, veal soup, grilled guilt-had and seafood, variety of local wines and specific tradition of cookery.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This place boasts a very nice location on the harbor, a professional staff, and very good, though not especially innovative, food. The whole fish was a bit expensive, but otherwise the prices were reasonable. Probably the best squid ink risotto (which is saying something, because if love that dish) I had in the Balkans.

1  Thank karlovmost

Reviewed 20 October 2013

After reading all the other reviews I feel we must have missed something. Perhaps we should have had fish instead of meat but our meal was quite disappointing. The T-bone was chewy, the vegetables too oily but the chips were great. Husband had turkey in sauce - again just average, but had lovely pancake for dessert. My ice cream was just solid; that's all I can say about it.
I felt a bit intimidated by the older man who served us. I know it's our fault we don't speak the language, and he speaks Italian and German, but this really didn't help when trying to explain how the meat should be cooked.
All in all an expensive disappointment when we were only in Kotor for one night.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went for lunch - wasn't sure b/c there was no one sitting outside. But glad we stayed b/c it was great! Others in my party had the grilled octopus, which came on a bed of creamed spinach and potatoes. It was truly good. I ordered the octopus salad - very good amt of yummy octopus pieces came with lots of pieces of red onions and tomatoes. It was the best. I also had the mussels in tomato sauce. The sauce/broth was so good, and the mussels plenty (I couldn't even finish). The mussels inside were small, but that has to do w/ the type of mussel. Very nice sitting outside, and charming white decor on the inside too. The man serving us was very pleasant and spoke English well enough.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We went to Galerija for dinner a few nights ago, based on the reviews here. We weren't disappointed. In fact, this was the best meal we had during our week-long holiday in Dubrovnik and Kotor! We ordered the fish platter for two (€33) and it was excellent. Grilled fish, squid, mussels, clams, langoustines and the tastiest, creamiest potatoes and spinach we'd had in Kotor. I highly recommend you try it! We had a very good bottle of Serbian wine too, along with fresh chunks of bread and a simple salad to start (as suggested by the waiter). The service was friendly and entertaining at times; the older waiter couldn't do enough for us, including serving our fish! The restaurant was almost empty; we sat inside on our own and there was one large table eating outside. Don't let that put you off, out-of-season meant it was quiet everywhere. It's an excellent restaurant which is easy to find just outside of the city walls (just walk along the harbour, turn right under the huge advertising TV screen to continue following the waters' edge and you'll see it). Go there!

2  Thank SamarieK
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here today during our visit to Kotar and made the right choice. The lentil soup was superb and the seafood salad was one of the best I've tasted. It was loaded with shrimp, crab, mussels and squid and was perfectly seasoned. The young lady who took order and brought our food was delightful - she was very friendly, polite and helpful and gave us clear directions of how to reach the ferry. We sat outside and really enjoyed our leisurely luncheon overlooking the boats in the bay. Highly recommend!