“Too pricey for the food we got and waitress was not friendly”
Review of Bastion

Bastion
Ranked #19 of 99 Restaurants in Kotor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Next to the North Gate in Kotor Old Town, Montenegro
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Too pricey for the food we got and waitress was not friendly”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was ok, but I expected something much better.. I read great reviews for the restaurant called Bastian III and thought this was it. Not true! Bastion III is an amazing restaurant according to everyone's reviews outside Old Town, this restaurant (Bastian) is inside Old Town walls and is not worth the money.. My husband and I will definitely look for Bastian III tomorrow for dinner!

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Balkan Excellence”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A lovely courtyard setting and friendly greeting compelled me to dine at this restaurant. Ordered bean soup and cevapi...both were hearty and excellent choices..an appetizer of creamed cheese was offered and consumed with both surprise and delight..and all washed down with a half bottle of local wine...great service and genuine guidance offered by the staff...thoroughly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michael S
Palo Alto, California
“walked in and pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had here by far the best of the two meals in Kotor, although the sample size for comparison is obviously small. March being off-season, many restaurants were closed, so it was a pleasant surprise to walk into one of the few options and have a nice meal and friendly service. We weren't too hungry and the server volunteered putting together a sampler appetizer to be split by the two of us. Each of the seafood items on the appetizer was delicious. Main dishes were excellent as well, one of which was pasta. I find it surprising many recent reviewers had a worse experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank totrotistolive
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Food was nothing special.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went here out of season and I did not find the food anything special. I chose fish as it is on the coast but it was nothing special and the veg was cooked to death. I didn't find anywhere more inspiring whilst in Lot of and cooked for myself at the hostel after this. It may well be different in high seasonn

• Visited November 2013
Calgary
“Awful service, over priced food.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The service here was awful. I was told that because it was the 'off season' the owner had already made his money and so was less interested in going above and beyond.

He gave us about 1 minute after passing us the menu before rudly pressuring us about our order. Not asking for drinks or anything.

The food was mediocre at best. The Octopus was cook wonderfully but felt cheated when it came with fries.

The worst part was that upon question regarding the extra 2 euro we were charged for "cover" - meaning bread and the bread sauce which we did NOT order, all of a sudden he couldn't speak english. His english was strangely fine before that.

I would never go back here. Not with the selection of other fine establishments in the immediate area.

Final thoughts: Terrible.