“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Hotel Marija

Hotel Marija
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kotor
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked here after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and for the reasonable price, I must admit I was a bit confused upon arrival as the paperwork said their was a carpark but when I rang, it turned out you had to park outside the city walls, go into the hotel, then they would take you to their other hotel to park, in the end I just stayed in the carpark around the corner, it wasn't too expensive for the evening.

The room itself was a little dated, but it was a top location for exploring, had good wifi and the bathroom was adequate and I had a wonderful view out the window and I slept well there - for the price I paid, I would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marija

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Old building in the old town but well maintained. Clean and comfortable. Typical Dalmatian coast breakfast. Friendly staff. No problems except my bed rattled every time I turned over. Bathroom clean and reasonable size. Free WiFi.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I arrived at Kotor by bus and the old town is about 15 minutes walking.
The hotel is really in the center of the old town and so a perfect location to explore Kotor.
The building is not new but the accomodation even though not very cosy is not bad.
The breakfast in adeguate.
Even if the hotel is in the center of Kotor the area is quite quiet in the night but in the morning you will hear the bells of the church which is just beside the hotel and some birds.
I have stayed just one night and it was perfect to visit the town.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The location of this hotel within the city walls is excellent. The rooms are large and very clean though probably needing an update but still good value for money. I travelled out of the main season and this hotel was an excellent base and I found no problem with noise issues. The breakfast was adequate although it was disconcerting to see the cook smoking in the kitchen; the smoke finding its way into the dining area which was a little off-putting. I stayed 2 nights and had to move out due to the hotel being full over the weekend. However, as soon as a room became available, I went back again - the hotel I did move to was dire and I consider this hotel far superior even though the cost was slightly higher, it was more than worth it.

I have to say that the reception staff were excellent, extremely helpful, particularly Stana, who assisted me greatly with a problem I had during my stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

How anyone could have rated this hotel as 'excellent' or 'very good' is beyond me. The location in Old Town Kotor is its only redeeming quality. The hotel has so much potential from the outside, a beautiful 17th century stone building in an open area...but then you walk in to a dated, dank, dingy interior. The corridors are dark and smelly, and the rooms are not much better. Our room was big enough but the furnishings and finishes were disgusting. The bed was like trying to sleep on a bag of springs, constantly poking you and making noise. The sitting area consisted of two frumpy chairs with sheets tucked over them. The 13" tube TV in our room had three channels, none in English, and protruded into the room so that it became a nuisance. The bathroom was gross too, with its old tile and dirty grout, no toiletries for guests and no outlets for appliances. We tried to at least enjoy the free breakfast but it was the worst food we had during our week-long trip. The bread tasted like baking soda, the cheese was way too sharp and my husband, who eats anything, actually had to spit out the eggs. As other reviewers have noted, the place is also loud. During our stay it was low traveler season, so the discos and street noise were not as disruptive to our sleep. However, it is noisy INSIDE the hotel, too. We could hear everything going on in the corridors and other rooms. Plainly speaking, this place is BAD.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. We were given the best room of the hotel: the largest, on the top floo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank psmeier
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is located within the walls of the old town, so it's very convenient if you want to be located here. There's no car access, so if you come by taxi you'll be dropped outside the gate and have a short walk. Rooms are clean and satisfactory, but fairly basic. Breakfast was fine although nothing special. The free internet worked well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The staff at this hotel are exceptionally helpful and friendly. The location is excellent and if you compare the prices with other hotels in the old town you will find this great value.

The noise can be an issue, but it does depend on the room so worth checking with the hotel.

Breakfast is good, with freshly cooked options. If you have a car be prepared to pay for parking just outside the walls, Kotor was built a long time before cars!

Stayed there 4 nights and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front don't suffer so much with the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kotor
Hotel Vardar
#4 of 4 in Dobrota
Hotel Monte Cristo
Hotel Monte Cristo
#1 of 12 in Kotor

Been to Hotel Marija? Share your experiences!