“Top marks for price and portions but not the most atmospheric”
Review of Bastion III

Bastion III
Ranked #17 of 107 Restaurants in Kotor
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having read the other reviews we headed to Bastion III for lunch but didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. It probably didn't help that it was a rainy day but the outside area was incredibly dank and smelled of stale water so we decided to sit indoors which was marginally better.

We ordered lamb and the mixed grill platter both of which were tasty but very greasy. Portions are huge so you're not going to go hungry. Prices are very reasonable

It's also worth noting that there is another Bastion restaurant just inside the city walls and to find Bastion III you have to walk out of the North Gate, along the bridge and it's straight ahead just beyond the car park.

Overall, the place isn't awful but there are much better options around.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Just outside the old town by the river gate. Was recommended by a local working at a bar where we had a few beers. He suggested the fish soup as an authentic dish. There is a Bastion inside the walls but we were told it was more touristy.

€2,50 for the soup and €5,00 for the goulash (I kid you not). The soup was delicious and the goulash tender as can be. Spending less than $10 USD on a two course meal at a nice restaurant is wonderful.

I would go back here in a second if I'm ever back. The 5 stars comes from a combination of great food and excellent prices!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband & I visited Bastion III for dinner, when we walked up to it we couldn't see any other guests but decided to give it a go based on other reviews from trip advisor. My husband had the meat platter with a side salad that wasn't really necessary as the main came with a salad. I had a steak with mushroom sauce and a side of grilled vegetables. All the food was fantastic and the portions were large, definitely our best meal in Kotor.

1  Thank AucklandNZkiwi
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very tasty food had the mixed grill and chicken medallions. It was lovely and would definitely go there again

Reviewed 16 September 2013

There seems to be a theme with Restaurants in Montenegro, the portions are absolutely enormous. This is certainly the case with Bastion III, the steak I ordered was the size of my head with a huge garnish of sautéed potatoes and my husband's mixed meat platter was also of a very hearty size! Everything was cooked brilliantly and the service, whilst a tad haphazard (as commented by a reviewer below) was on the whole fairly good. We actually stumbled across this restaurant whilst trying to find another one we had seen on TripAdvisor, but glad we did so. We ate well and enjoyed our meal on the outside patio area.