All reviewshill overlookinggreat hotelnice viewgreat value for moneywellnesstaxistuff
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The hotel is well located and the rooms are ok. My carpet in my room had some stains and it was humorous to see an ashtray next to the "no smoking" sign in the room. The bathrooms are large with nice shower by Serbian standards. The night I stayed there was a wedding reception that went late into the night on the first floor of the hotel. Their music was loud but hey you only get married once (hopefully). All in all, I would stay here again for the price.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

It is situated on hill overlooking the centre of town. 10 min walk to the centre and 15 min to the fortress but taxi is here also extremely cheap. Wellness is yet not existent and open swimming pool can be used on sunny day to freshen up. Hospitality of the staff is remarkable. Very good price/value for few days.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a smiple but nice 3stars. Very nice view, good service. Breakfast is not with a big variety but tasty products. Price of 35 Euro per night is relevant for the quality. Pool is atractive.

I'm recommended this place

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2016

At the beginning of September 2016 I traveled together with my family and some friends of us to Greece for holiday. We stopped in Nis for two nights (one at the departure and another at arrival from Greece) and were accommodated at Aleksandar Hotel.

It seemed to be a great choice: great view, quiet, modern, not expensive, with free wi fi, with an elevator, good food and huge portions, especially a la carte, decent breakfast, helpful and polite staff, the waiters have spoken some English and we could understand each other... We find a room with three beds as we had a son traveling with us. All good till now!

But, because there is a "but", as I mentioned in the title, it could have been great. Instead of that, there were some problems, one of them very bad for a three stars hotel... and it depends on the hotel management to solve them, at least the ones that really depends on it. Otherwise there would be a shame for all the pluses of the hotel:
- the hotel parking could be too small when crowded - we hardly could find a place on the small street in front of it - when you have luggage it is not so nice to carry it from a long distance.
- the wi fi was free, which was great, otherwise we would have paid fortunes for the internet in Serbia, but it did not worked well, it had a poor connection.
- the elevator stopped working in the second day we stayed there (we had rooms at the third floor, in fact we stayed in the room 305).

The aspects mentioned above could be easily overlooked but what follows is to be called "hotel impossible":

In my first night there I couldn't sleep the whole night... After laying in the bed, that seemed clean otherwise, soon after I started having itching all over my body... I thought it was the shower too hot that I had before... and a too dis-hydrated skin. I did not have any body lotion at that moment in the room so, the itching continued till the morning. When we waked up, as I can say "I waked", I heard my boy in the bathroom: "Look, there is an ant over here!". "What ant? I thought, almost impossible at the third floor, he is exaggerating as usually (a normal thing at his nine years old). After a while, when turning back into the room for taking the last piece of luggage and having the check out, he is exclaiming again from the bathroom: "Look, there is an ant over here!". Curious, this time I decided to see for myself the "ant". At my huge stupefaction what seemed an ant was a flea (hopper/jumper)! And this explains my itching and lack of sleep that whole night!

So, the cleaning was only by surface, not on the deep and it is an absolute abnormal thing for a hotel! I have never encounter something similar in my whole life and I stayed in several hotels (of 3, 4 or 5 stars), also in hostels.

I did not complained to the receptionist but I should have done this, for the benefit of the future guests. I decided to worn about the problem writing this review because there is no excuse for the hotel having fleas inside the rooms.

The source of the problem seemed to be a very cute cat that was lounging in the pool area and almost each tourist that encountered it was attracted to caress it... With the corresponding fleas...

If somebody decides to have a pet or a mascot when it comes about a hotel, than, please, take care of the animals, otherwise all good reputation will be ruined by a flea!

Room Tip: Try other room number than 305, there are fleas in that room!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BlackOrchid39
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 5 times, I used to stopover at Nis on my way to Greece. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood and has a beautiful view over the city. The staff is helpful and the food is great. Rooms are well equipped but need some renovation. It is a great value for money and close to the motorway.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family