All reviews one night vladimir majestic map fortress parking city
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed at Majesty for one night at the end of May. The host, Vladimir, gave us a very warm welcome and took the time to explain the best places to see in Nis with a city map, and also gave us some good recommendations for places to eat. (We ate at Galija which was indeed excellent - thank you Vladimir!) All the other staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English, and there was good communication on email before arrival. It is located close (about 10-15 minutes walk) to the centre and the fortress, and there is plenty of free parking on the street outside - it is a quiet one-way street so parking is safe enough. There are several supermarkets and shops nearby. The breakfast is not buffet, it is cooked to order with only a few choices but it was delicious and sufficient, and it was lovely to eat it outside in the sunshine on the small terrace. The room was light, clean and spacious and the double bed was comfortable. There was a fridge, plenty of storage and good free wifi. The bathroom was very big and clean. There was aircon but we didn't use it as we prefer to have the window open, and the area was quiet enough to have the window open all night without any disturbance. Entry to the hotel is through a locked gate which is opened from reception so it feels very safe, and the staff are there 24 hours so it is no problem getting back late or going out early. There were a couple of minor niggles (not many plug sockets and thin blinds don't block the light) but remember it is a small guest house not a five star luxury hotel - it is excellent value for money, especially by western European standards, and there is nothing that would stop us staying again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

When we pulled up outside we did wonder if we had made the right choice as the street looked out of the epicentre but we needn't have worried, we were welcomed by the receptionist and shown our room which was a lovely size with a sofa, and lovely and clean. The hotel was an easy walking distance from the town, breakfast was very nice too. The hotel was very reasonably priced and we were more than pleased with our choice o ccomodarion

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Comfortably and great accomodation near the center. Very nice personal and managers. Very tasty breakfest. We looking forward to visit again :-)
Niš is interesting place and Serbia is beautiful country with delicious kitchen and very nice people. Hope to see it again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I was there for New Year holidays. I stayed at this hotel with couple of friends and won't go back there again.
Let's start with the positive things: The location is quiet. The rooms are clean. Most of the staff was friendly and kind. The rooms, where my friends were accommodated in, were good.
And now the negative: My room was really small. The walls were so thin that I could hear the snoring of my neighours, who were some noisy guys from Serbia. The bathroom was outside of the room (I was told about this in advance, so it wasn't a problem for me). But there was a problem with the toilet pipe which connects the flushing cistern with the toilet. The pipe unhooked itself and the whole bathroom was flooded. As a result the rude receptionist came to check what was going on and she almost quarreled with us (me and my sister), as if we had unhooked the pipe on purpose. This receptionist was rude during the whole stay.
The breakfast place was so small, that we had to wait around 30 minutes to get some poor breakfast.
There is no parking place.
On 1th Jan when we wanted to get some rest between 2 p.m. and 4p.m. the chambermaid decided to clean with the vacuum-cleaner infront of our rooms, although the whole morning we were out and she had enough time to clean....
I am really disappointed with this place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We went to Nis with some friends to celebrate New year's Eve, however didn't expect such a shocking experience. We have booked the accommodation through an agency however I was surprised with the place.
When you see it from the outside, it looks like a cheap motel and with the buildings that are renovating around, the area is neither pleasant.
The staff was quite friendly and accommodated us quickly. My room was at the last floor and nobody considered we are a group, so they put us at different floors while there were other people next to my room.
This caused an issue with the hot water as we were sharing the boiler with a room where there were 4-5 people so basically, there was never hot water for us.
There was no place to hook up the shower, so while you take a bath, you need to hold the shower, which is not the best option, especially when there is no hot water.
There was a problem with the toilet as it got clogged. They came to repair it, however after they repaired it, everything got flooded when flushing the water.
We had breakfast included which would have been good if it was not disappointing. Two slices of bread, with two slices of ham and two slices of yellow cheese. Be prepared to pay for the coffee.
Overall, I would say don't go there. Spend your money somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends