“Very nice and quiet - perfect both for business and stay with family”

Best Western Hotel My Place
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Nis
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The hotel is fantastically located on the very bank of Nisava river, next to a bridge.It is only 500m walk from the very center (pedestrian, caffee/restaurant area) and the Fortress while still very quiet and calm. What was given to us a standard double room looked more like a suite, very well equipped, fantastic bathroom with jacuzzi, a kitchenette, gigantic plasma tv, free wi-fi and very comfortable bed etc.
The staff is discrete and polite. The value-money rate was excellent. There is also free and always available parking right in front of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Nis.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ledeya

Reviewed 24 April 2011

I had the chance to experience two rooms in the hotel and was impressed by the design and quality of the furnishings. The location of the hotel is excellent beside the river and close to the city centre. The ownership and staff at the hotel were warm and very helpful for all inquiries. The hotel restaurant offers a mixed menu of Serbian and Mediterranean cuisine which is one of the best in town. The breakfast was also very good as well. Relative to a number of other Best Western hotels where I have stayed in the world, this hotel is in the top rank.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Aristotelian
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Let's be honest: an average traveller knows little about Serbia and even less about Southern Serbia. Therefore, if you come to Nis, you want to make sure, you are in a place where you can not only relax , enjoy excellent Serbian cuisine but also be informed about the city by English-speaking staff.
Best Western Hotel My Place in Nis is definitely the place to stay!
It is located next to the Nisava river with a view over the hills surrounding the city. The view from the top floor terrace is simply beautiful.
Across the river, you have a Turkish fortress in a small park with nice cafes and restaurants.
The staff of the hotel is very friendly, young and enthusiastic, speaking excellent English.
The breakfast is an excellent start of the day. One day they served us an amazing Serbian cake with poppy seeds. When the next day this cake was gone, the waiter was kind enough to bring us a portion just for us.
The advantage of the restaurant at the My place is that if your stomach gets too heavy with Serbian food (all this gorgeous meat), on the menu you can find many international, mostly Italian much lighter dishes.
Our room was very spacious with a big bathroom and a very good comfortable bed, which was important to relax after hours of walking around the city.
If i ever come back to Nis, i will definitely stay at My Place!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SerenissimaSempre
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I booked a nights stay at My place. I have stayed in many Best Western's around the world. This location impressed me the most. The room was clean and filled with the last comforts. Everything was fashionable and eye pleasing. Further the staff was friendly and well trained. The four star rating is correct and if you are planning to stay in Nis in the future I would recommend My place Best Western.
Cheers

Daniel Rajkovic

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank DanRai
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Service:
Most unpolite if you are not a judge or doctor you will be treated like the last ......., you are not allowed to sit in the same dining room, you will be the last class paying person in a renomated hotel. They told it to me face to face. Unbelievable but true......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MeOnTour59
Reviewed 23 May 2010

It is my 5th time in Nish Serbia in 26 years so I have seen all the changes in the region and the city. I knew of the Hotel from my previous visit so, this time, I insisted that they book me and my wife at this Hotel. The Hotel MyPlace added value to our visit in Nish and the genuine eagerness and professionalism of the staff to help and serve with a smile is most appreciated, welcome and commendable.
I fully recommend this hotel for all its amenities. The bar is well stocked, the surroundings are inviting, the food is great and the prices are a . . . welcome surprise!
This hotel goes a long way to promote tourism in Southern Serbia.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul_Hagouel
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We had a bit of trouble finding the hotel at first, but once there, it was really nice. It's modern, clean, incredibly spacious. The personnel are were friendly, young and helpful and they speak English fluently. The room was much, much bigger than we expected for a city hotel. It had a nice view over the river and the fortress and was very quiet. Unfortunately, the toilet kept refilling itself, but we didn't complain about this. The bathroom was otherwise very ok. The food in the restaurant was very good too (incredible steak!), but we were quite annoyed that people were allowed to smoke in the restaurant and breakfast area. Other small annoyance: the hotel charged us 10 euros per person to register us with the authorities. All other hotels on the Balkans provided this service for free. I don't mind paying a fee for a service, but the hotel could have asked whether we wanted this service or at least could have told us in advance of this fee.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra_Lux
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nis
Hotel Tami Residence
#8 of 10 in Nis
Bosphorus Hotel
Bosphorus Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aleksinac

Been to Best Western Hotel My Place? Share your experiences!