“Not to bad”
Review of Hotel Prishtina

Hotel Prishtina
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Pristina
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while I was on business. I thought the hotel was ok though it was not the best. I did have a clean room and bathroom so I can’t complain too bad about the conditions. The con’s to the hotel is that it has thin walls, a lot of traffic sounds and no AC to speak of. It is also way overprices for what you are getting in Kosovo.

The pros to it, it is centrally located in Pristina to just about everything you’d want or for work. The hotel staff was quick to call for cabs and you didn’t have to wait long, the breakfast in the mornings was pretty decent and the local beers are very cheap. Like .5 Euro per beer. It’s not a bad hotel and I am sure there are worst places one could stay. I would shop around though for a better price. This hotel charges the over $100 a night and that’s expensive in Kosovo.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Globalized30

Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed in Hotel Prishtina for three nights in late of april. I arrived with taxi late after midnight, in the reception there was a girl with black hair, not very happy of her job it seemed. She gave me my key (a card) and I went to my room.

The bed was horrible, the view outside even more. Tha bathroom had a jacuzzi that didnt even work.

I would give this hotel 2 stars.

After two nights I checked my minibar, and as my room was payed as a VIP there had to bee many drinks in the fridge, but only a water and a juice was what I found.

I complained to the manager, and he asked me how I can complain for something that I can by cheap outside. It ended with him saying I was never more welcome to this hotel.

Wich means this guy have no service minding at all.

Albanins are good people, but this hotel does not treat you as they should.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank Swedma90
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I have a room under the eaves with a skylight instead of a window, a bed the size of a coffin with hard edges, walls through which I can hear my neighbor sigh, and two wifi cables running the length of the hallway floor.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank underwaydd
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I stayed four nights at this hotel and it was so-so. I found the rooms alright, clean, etc. but the employees turned from helpful and friendly to surly and cold over the time we were there. I ate dinner once and the food was good but let me warn anyone who is thinking of swimming in this homemade swimming pool just over the heads of the better rooms. We had a test kit with us and there is no cholorine in that pool and all statistics in the kit registered as badly as they possibly could. The pool is dangerously filthy - the tiles have been pried out and are on the edge of the pool, and those in the VIP rooms have this homemade pool over their heads, making any swimming sound like you have a whale overhead. The noise and vibration are incredibly loud. The noise from the street is also quite loud and since the air conditioning did not work a bit (they said it was fine), it makes for an uncomfortable night. There are new hotels about to open in a matter of weeks, so look into those. This will not be your first choice, nor should it be. The elevator goes up only a couple of floors, leaving only the stairs as an alternative for those in the other part of the hotel. Breakfast was average - nothing to write home about.
The Kosovoan people are incredibly nice but I don't know what is the matter with the. bunch in this hotel. If they can ignore you or a problem, let me assure you, they will.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Decent hotel, good food. Rooms ok, bit dark with thin walls - could have done without noise from other rooms but comfy enough. Very heavy ornate old Yugoslavian style furniture. Not ideal for business, no desks or power points or work lamps.. ideal if you're cigar smoking member of the Polit bureau but not if you're a modern business traveller.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KianaArt
Reviewed 20 November 2009

It is family hotel and they were all very kind and frendly. I can say only the best for receptionist Dashuria and Fidane,and also for guys at the restaurant. I have stayed there few times (more than 5) and everything was just great. Free internet corne on each floor.
Breakfast is more than great, lots of fruits and the cook was great.
Rooms are clean, bed is great, and the bathroom is very modern with jacuzzy or modern spa showers. At the top of the hotel is pool and sauna. You can go there through apartement corridor (separate than rooms corridor).
The apartement is great. There are some pics of app.
Everything is near. Taxi is cheap and the people in the city are very nice.
Night life is good, and the recepcionist will explain you where to go.
Only thing they don`t have is laundry service, but they will organize that for you.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We used Airmiles converted from Tesco clubcard points to fly to Kosovo last Easter. Hotels in Prishtina are geared more towards business travellers and the UN than tourists so we found it hard to find a cheap room and settled for a centrally located hotel that had constant electricity. The price was comparable to perhaps the Holiday Inn if you were staying in Western Europe.

As others have mentioned, in most aspects this is a 3-star hotel. However, we were given a wonderful L-shaped room that was more like a suite and we felt really comfortable during our 3-night stay. The water was always hot and the hotel provide 4 complimentary mini bar drinks a day (a beer, a soft drink, a fruit juice and a mineral water I think it was).

Breakfast was a cold buffet with strong coffee and seed cake type pastries (our eyes were bigger than our stomachs!) The reception staff were quite laid back but helpful too. We used the swimming pool which was freezing cold but, on the top floor in a sort of glass attic, gave us a marvellous view of the Kosovan sunset.

There is plenty to do in Prishtina and people are warm to foreigners. English is not widely spoken outside of hotels but we found people to be kind and patient as we alternated between poor phrasebook Albanian, secondary school German and pointy-wavy-hand signals. There are great Cevapcici to be had in this town (go where the local police go for the best ones!) and hot cheese Burek with yoghurt if you're vegetarian. Try the ice-cream too as it's deliciously smooth and comforting.

People may report that Prishtina is not a beautiful city. It's better than a lot of these reports though and has some amazing streets and buildings (check out the National Library). Prishtina has a great atmosphere day or night - a really relaxed and vibrant feel. It's a great place for wandering around and has some nice parks too. It's also well situated for day-trips into the countryside or even to Macedonia. We took the bus to Skopje (Shkup) and the train back which is the best option if you don't want to miss breakfast.

The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the 25,000 capacity football stadium where KF Prishtina play their home games. Unfortunately we only got to see a youth match but it's an impressive place all the same.

Our last tip would be to try some Kosovan red wine - a decent selection can be found in most supermarkets - we really liked the Vranac. Gezuar!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple