“Majdas Magic”

Ranked #6 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Mostar
Melbourne, Australia
“Majdas Magic”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Being welcomed by Majda, who was looking for us, we knew this was a great place. The hostel has a great comfortable/family home feel. We were given plenty of information about Mostar and places to see and go. A great breakfast, really good showers just made it even better.
We also went on Batas crazy and awesome tour, surely one of the greatest city/region tours going round.
Can't recommend this hostel enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I walked in feeling a little intimidated by the group sat around the living area but left feeling like I had gained a family. It is easily the best hostel I've stayed in throughout my travels and every time I arrive at a new hostel I miss Mostar and Majdas.

As other reviews have mentioned the routine goes as follows:

Follow very specific instructions from the station and arrive in five minutes
Greeted and sat down with coffee/tea and cake
Introduced to other guests
Design own name card for your bed
Shown the Mostar map and talked through highlights etc
In the morning breakfast is plentiful and conversation flows with other guests and Majdas over coffee in what feels like a very natural atmosphere

The hostel is well located, 5 minutes from station, 10 minutes to the old town and 2 minutes from shops. Rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are exceptional- very modern with superb showers! Having come from Sarajevo where the hot water was broken this was very welcome!

Anyway, thats enough enthusiasm for one review- go check it out!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank deluxetrolley
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hostel has one of the best atmosphere's I've experienced. Everyone is very generous and friendly, the cooked breakfasts are a real treat. I've heard some very good things about the tour Batas runs (alas, fully booked while I was there), go on it!

There are also several hostels on the same street so it's easy to get a large group of travellers together even at a quiet time.

I'd highly recommend staying here, one of the best (probably the best) hostel I've stayed at so far

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I really loved my stay at Majdas—so friendly, warm, and great food. The tour with Bata was amazing—definitely one of the highlights of my entire backpacking trip. The showers and bathroom were clean and comfortable, bedrooms were dark, quiet, and clean, and they had KITTENS in the back yard! Close walk to everything, easy to meet other backpackers, would absolutely recommend to anyone interested in exploring Bosnia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and while the breakfast was very tasty (eggs and bread and jam) and the common room was comfy, Majda had a bit of an attitude and did't seem to like me or my friend. The place was clean though, and we got a piece of cake and coffee when we arrived which was nice. Mixed feelings, wouldn't go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for a night but absolutely love this place. Its 3 minutes walk from the bus station so once you know the way to get there (there's no sign) its pretty easy. The hotel owner is really helpful and welcoming, once we got there she offered us with a really nice drink and cookie, then sat down to give us (and other fellow travellers who arrived at the hotel at the same time!) a map of mostar and direct us to the places to see. She even went extra miles to help us call in a cab as we needed to go to the police station..(that's another story!).

We stayed in a four person dorm and nothing to complain. Shower room is super clean and yes, the best shower i had in the trip (as it is a rain-shower!). Serves lovely breakfast too and totally love the setting where i really feel like at home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Englefield Green, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Admittedly I was only there for one night but with two full days there I was so impressed. Many of you have probably already heard of "the tour" and if you havn't just go and do it. It is an amazing day out and well worth the cost. In terms of the hostel itself the beds were great, the garden is excellent, the breakfast is much better than most and the hospitality, whilst brusque, is friendly. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo