“Very central and convenient location for Old Bridge - Amazing Staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Anri Mostar

Villa Anri Mostar
Ranked #2 of 66 Mostar B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Very central and convenient location for Old Bridge – Amazing Staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

We were recommenced this hotel by a car parking attendant in Mostar and were delighted with our find. The hotel is by no means…. finished, our room was distinctly lacking in furniture and only had one blind for the two windows, however, is had a charm about it – it was immactulatly clean and the towels were changed daily. We had room 1, which does not have a view of the bridge, however there is a terrace at the top of the house, with extremely comfortable chairs where you had the most incredible view of the old bridge. It was fabulous to sit up there with a drink and watch the sun setting over the city.

The staff, in particular the young receptionist could not have been more helpful, she was most certainly the friendly and most welcoming host we have ever come across – we initially booked for one night, but were so delighted with the hotel, stayed an extra night.

We thoroughly enjoyed BiH and can’t wait to go back, we will stay at the Villa Anri again, but will book a room with a view!

Breakfast was very good, with a wide choice

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizzylizlizza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

First of all I should mention that my friend and I (two American women) travelled via bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar. We asked at the tourist info center at the bus station about hotels/rooms and were taked to a private house with bunk beds that looked like a hostel. We declined and a taxi driver took us to Villa Anri. What a plesant surprise! This place was perfect. (And the same price as the room with bunk beds!) The staff at Villa Anri was by far the most friendly I have ever experienced! I have Bosnian friends here i the US and the staff at Villa Ari treated me the same way my Bosnian friends do when I am a guest at their home. The best hospitalty!!!! Our room was very clean and had a balcony that over looked Stari Most, The Old Bridge. The hotel is a 1 minute walk to Old Town. We had just arrived there and I heard the music come over the speaker thru the town which turned out to be their "call to prayer" which happens several times a day. Right at the same time I looked and was able to view someone jumping from the bridge. This place has a sureal feeling to it. It is such an amazing place. My friend and I were so pleased with Mostar and the hotel that we stayed 2 nights instead of just one. Be sure to go to the terrace on the roof, so beautiful! Everyone spoke English and they even had a computer they let us use. I wish we had longer in Bosnia to explore some of their nature. There are TONS of things to do. Would have loved to go white water rafting, kayaking or fishing on the river. Mostar is a must see!!!! And Villa Anri is wonderful!!!!! Happy travels!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Mansfield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

The Pansion Mostar at Villa Anri is wonderful. Look at their website at www.pansion-mostar.com and what you see really IS what you get. I first went to Mostar in 1960 and loved it then - a real blend of East meets West and old meets new and there were even the old red buses bought second-hand from London Transport to ferry you around!

Mostar, despite the problems of fifteen years ago, has still managed to retain this blend. Villa Anri is also like that - a wonderful blend of traditional materials such as wood, leather and stone with modern, well appointed rooms. Even the staff add to the scene by wearing tradition dress.

Villa Anri is owned and run by the Ramadanovic family, with wife Marijana taking care of day-to-day running of the Villa and ensuring that you have everything they can provide to make you happy during your stay. There are ten rooms and almost all have a direct view of the Stari Most (surely the most famous bridge in Europe) - very rare in Mostar. The piece-de-resistance, as shown on the website, is a large roof terrace with comfortable seating and tables, offering a direct view of the bridge and the area often known as 'The Turkish Quarter'. You can sit and watch the bridge jumpers hurl themselves from the arch of the Stari Most into the river from here.

Food is ample and traditional Bosnian fare. Breakfast is magnificent, with smoked hams, cheeses, small smokey sausages, meat pastes, cerials, a selection of breads, preserves, boiled eggs, sweet biscuits, fruit juice, several coffees and half a dozen teas! This is typical of the level of service you get from Villa Anri - The only times we have found a level of choice and service that matches this place is in a four star hotel at twice the price! I am writing this as I sit in a pansion in Croatia and I'm not due to return home for another week and a half. When I do (half way through August) I'll get some photos sorted out. Until then, enjoy the website and book early.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple