“Excellent Location, Average Hotel”

Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Plovdiv
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is perfectly located to reach the central shopping, restaurants and bars/coffee houses in the pedestrian streets and also Old Town on foot. The hotel has just been rebranded as a Ramada but it is a Ramada in name only. It is an old, tired hotel with worn, elderly bed linens and furnishings. Our room, while large, suffered accordingly. There was a hairline crack starting at the corner of one wall and continuing about 180 degrees around the room. The room was clean, the service adequate. Breakfast was below average. There was an interesting tableau which we observed at breakfast. All tables were simply set except one which was elegantly set with a white tablecloth and marked "reserved". We were nearby. Shortly, an elderly woman entered and was seated there. She was served by no less than five staff. For example, one waitress delivered a cup of tea and after it had steeped, a second waitress removed the tea bag from the cup. Throughout this opulent breakfast, a man in suit and tie stood at her elbow to do her bidding and answer questions. On leaving, we asked and were told she was owner and he the food and beverage manager. This description is not intended as a criticism, merely an observation of life at the Ramada

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deano50
There are newer reviews for Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Having in mind the nice looking building from outside this hotel is really a landmark of the city of Plovdiv.
This is a very clean property, having a great location and very nice and well maintained Spa Center. The room we had was spacious, the parking was very convenient and the service provided was good.

We needed an extra bed and we requested it at around 23:00h, when we got back in the room everything was placed perfectly.

The Breakfast was nothing special, it was a bit poor, the croissants for example were not tasty at all.

But in general I am happy with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dellan D
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had lunch today at the Triemontium restaurant. It was recommended by our excellent guide as I think he felt that we wanted a place in Plovdiv that was upscale.

The restaurant was fairly empty and had a large number of tables. We were offered a table just near the entrance but I indicated that I wanted to sit with my party at a table near the back. We ordered some drinks and put in our food order. Two of my party left to use the facilities. I heard an older lady near the back of the restaurant yelling at the wait staff. She looked so upset that the waitress (who seemed on standby at her table) was rubbing her shoulder. I was not paying a lot of attention but noticed that our waiter was deep in discussion with the maitre d. The older lady continued to complain noisily. Shortly thereafter our waiter came to the table and told me that we had to move to the table at the front of the restaurant. I was very surprised and frankly annoyed but the poor man looked so worried that I complied. I moved to the table near the door that was unmade and without flowers, cutlery, water etc. The waiter and his colleague hastily re-made the table.

We had a reasonably good lunch of a salad and a cheese plate so no complaints there.

Later, our guide asked who the lady was and learned that she is the manager (not sure if hotel or restaurant).

I would suggest that if this is the approach of the management of this hotel to it's guests, I would not reccommend eating at this hotel, let alone spending a night there. I would hope that the Ramada chain would pay heed to mine and the other negative comments posted here on TA.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Laurski
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Was there for a night.Wery old looking building.Rooms are poorly treated for the hotel of this range.
Not deserves 5 star.
Needs renovation.Staff is kindl.But the boss? is strong looking and looks at anyone..
Tihomir
Istanbul

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tuncer Y
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The rooms are large, but they are devoid of safes, furniture and of poor quality and poor, with the television of the old generation, the beds are of poor quality and uncomfortable, the shower in the bathroom are old.
Internet does not work, the only possibility to make use of it is to go under the rutter wifi.
The breakfast from Monday to Friday is devoid of fruit, I croaisant are not good, on Saturday the quality and quantity increases

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank andrea v
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in Europe, specially eastern Europe. The Trimontrium Princess is a very interesting place. They have a beautiful building and lobby, large rooms, great service and excellent location. However, they lack the most important basic things travelers look for in a hotel: a clean room, a good shower and a comfortable bed. The rooms are filthy. I got rooms with an unflushed toilet, I found condoms behind the night stand and they definitely only vacuum and clean up to where you can see. The showers are terrible. I am a thin guy and I definitely do not fit in their shower (usual problem throughout Europe), unless you get a room with a bathtub. Then you have to fight with maintenance to get the shower head to work. It is just a nightmare. If you have the bucks and decide to pay more and get a room with a bathtub, prepare for it to leak all over the bathroom. You need extra towels to prevent the water to leak all over the bathroom and into your room.
Finally the bed. There are 2 types of bed in this hotel, the 20 yeas old mattresses which feels like sleeping on a piece of plywood with dents and the brand new mattresses which feels like sleeping on a thin fabric over hard springs.
They spend too much money in the exterior and things most people don't use and very little money in the rooms.
Also, if you need to use the internet in your room, you better request a room close to the elevators, otherwise you will not get a connection at all. I hope they take my review to heart and change their mentality. They certainly have the bones to be the best hotel in Plovdiv.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have no internet. if you are 75kg or heavier (around 165-170lbs) get a room with a bath...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AceBugner
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

NO HOT WATER !!!!! No hot water in freezing weather !!! No hot water in the room. I have called the reception several times, the answer is ; Hotel is full of students and they over use the hot water !!!!!! I want my money back !!!! So annoying trying to take cold shower in december !!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank EdirneTraveller
Vassil I, General Manager at Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a cold shower in the freezing weather. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Executive Committee and actions will be taken to improve the overall services experience of our guests.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me should you plan your next trip to Plovdiv and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,