“Comfortable, central hotel in quiet area.”
Review of Dafi Hotel

Dafi Hotel
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Plovdiv
Montreal, Canada
“Comfortable, central hotel in quiet area.”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We spent the nights of Apr 9, 10 and 11 2012. From the time of our arrival til we left they gave great customer service. They served a complementary breakfast in the ajoining restaurant and offered a cold takeaway when we left early in the morning to catch our train. There was also free Wi-fi in the room. Clean hotel and great room centrally located steps away from the pedestrian walkway.

Room Tip: Upper floor had great views of hillside.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We booked Dafi Hotel in Plovdiv after reading positive reviews about this on the internet. However on our arrival I found the hotel receptionist (a male) to be unwelcoming and in general just appeared disinterested. The hotel room itself was ok, very large and clean with a nice bathroom; however I think that my first impressions of the hotel probably had an effect on everything else and I just didn't get a positive feeling from the hotel at all. The electricity in our room was faulty so at first we had trouble getting the lights to come on; when we went down to ask the receptionist he did not come up to see what the problem was, but just said "Yes, all the rooms do that sometimes".

The bedroom was quite dimly lit and made it seem a bit depressing when we arrived in the evening; admittedly the next morning when the sun came up the room did appear brighter and more cheerful.

We had read that there was a buffet breakfast, but when we arrived were told that we instead had to choose between bread/cheese/ham, an omelette, or a sandwich. When I asked why this was, I was told that this depended on how many guests there were the next morning, and they did not expect to have enough the next day for the buffet to be worthwhile. On the plus side however, there was a hot drinks machine in the breakfast room that did an excellent hot chocolate. Also, the woman behind the reception desk the next day was much friendlier; unfortunately by then however we had made up our minds to change hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank happinesswithin
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed here with my daughter during a trip through Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey. Dafi hotel was a great value, as matter of fact Plovdiv was a great value and I'm really glad we decided to include it in our tour. We arrived via bus at night and had to take a taxi to the hotel. Thereafter, we were able to walk everywhere--the historic areas, shopping areas and many restaurants. We really enjoyed visiting a small shop down the street--cvento-plovdiv. I also enjoyed the great staff who spoke great English and were able to help us plan a really nice day in Plovdiv.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Elizabeth23
Europe
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed in other hotels in Plovdiv, but this one beats the others hands down for value for money and comfort. We had the studio on the 4th floor for 75 lev per night. The beds were super comfortable, clean room, good shower. Very peaceful. Good view over towards the town centre rooves. Breakfast was a good buffet breakfast. Staff very helpful and polite. In short, I will not stay anywhere else in Plovdiv.

Room Tip: The studio 401 was large, spacious, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Nerja, Spain
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Reading through the reviews I am at odds by the comments.

Our room was the largest we have encountered travelling through Europe in the past 6 months. We booked through expedia and paid 42euro a night including a really good breakfast buffet(no flies) and due to us departing early in the morning were given a breakfast pack.

The weather was perfect so didn't have any problem with the air conditioning.

We arrived at lunchtime and had a meal from their cafe which was great value 2 courses and a beer for two of us cost 10lv about 5euro. We went the next day and it was even cheaper 4euro. All classic bavarian choices.

The lady on receiption was very helpful with restaurants and best places to visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed here for two nights in August. The hotel's location was good - a short walk from the old town. The room was small but perfectly formed. Bathroom was a wet room. Breakfast was good. One tip is that it is worth arriving at breakfast at 8 as the food is left uncovered. The one real issue with the hotel (and we changed rooms which did not help) is that the air conditioning was extremely poor. I think that other rooms may have had the same problems because we heard several guests taking showers in the middle of the night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 5 September 2011

An average place. The breakfast looked good but I left before the breakfast was set, so can't comment further on it.

On first entering the room, the air didn't smell very good. The smell came from the toilet, let's just say it was incompletely flushed. The smell only dissipated a few hours after the remnants were totally flushed away. Maybe air circulation wasn't too good.

The reception wanted to keep my passport, I don't know if that happens to everyone or just for certain passport holders. And I don't appreciate the way it was done either: the passport was requested for sighting ("May I see your passport?"), and once handed over, I was told, "I am keeping your passport". If the hotel as a policy needed to keep the passport, then it should be informed prior to the handing over of the passport and let the guest decide whether to stay or leave?

In any event it was immediately returned to me, when I said I didn't feel comfortable for the hotel to keep the passport. But the passport shouldn't have been retained in the first place. The passport was just placed into a drawer at the reception; who should be responsible if it was lost? Also, nobody should have any right to retain another's passport. If the keeping of passport was due to fear of non-payment, then it is much better to ask for full payment upfront, no?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo