“Could be perfect but it's not quite”
Review of Hotel Leipzig

Hotel Leipzig
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Plovdiv
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Really beautiful hotel, lovely service and decor. This is the 2nd time we have stayed here.
I don't know who designed the bathroom, but it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. After each shower, the floor is like a swimming pool. You will see what I mean.

The only other downside is that now the new cafe 'white' has opened, on a Friday and Saturday night you can hear really loud music well into the night. It's not quite loud enough to keep you awake but it seems a bit silly that it's owned by the hotel and adds a down point to it.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank John J

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in Leipzig hotel for 6 nights. I discovered a good place, clean and paceful. Also the breakfast is good. We had dinner in the restaurant of the hotel only one time, we spent a pleasant dinner and every course was tasteful. I absolutely recommend this place!
Wi-fi free and fast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank okpj
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel Leipzig had very few customers based on the number of them during the breakfast buffet. It also ment that the hotel was very quiet. The room had interesting colors, purple curtains and pink flower walls, and a very soft carpet ... but it was spacious. The breakfast buffet was really reasonable compared with the price of the room. The reception satff was friendly and spoke English.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was highly satisfied in terms of price & performance ratio. The hotel is located close to centrum, especially to the bus station and many of the major tourist spots are in walking distance.

The room was quiet spacious and strangely decorated with pink and red furnitures. But you can get used to it easily. There were speakers connected to the tv system which lets you to listen music while you are having a shower. There was also a free adult channel on the tv which is surprising to see :) The room view was good, you can see the mountains and the city very well.

One more interesting detail, the light of the elevator was not working during our entire stay. Instead of changing it, they have just written a warning message on the door.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our tour group spent three nights here. There are some aspects that were fun and others that were very bothersome. The rooms a big and bright and very colorful. Our room on the 10th floor allowed a birds eye view of a part of Plovdiv as well as a number of birds flying by, including seagulls.
We had dinner in the White Bar. Food was excellent and the local wine we greatly enjoyed, but the cigarette smoke we didn't. My clothes simply reeked .

We settled in for the night and music from the disco was very loud, and I thought I hadn't closed the windows. I got up and checked and they were closed and locked. The next morning we found there were no seals on the windows, allowing the disco and bird noises in with no interference. It seems our entire group was placed on that side of the hotel, and lower the floor, the worse it was.
The shower in the room was rounded, but the shower curtain rod went straight from one wall to the other and there was no way to get water all over the floor. We had to drop the towels on floor every morning to sop it up. I then figured out why there was a floor drain under the toilet.
We had problems with toilet paper. They leave a roll about the quarter the size we are used to and it ran out quickly. I had to go down to the desk twice to get another roll, and that's all they gave me...one roll. Some of the group had no problems with replacement towels each day, while others had to go to the desk and get them because the old towels had been picked up with nothing left.
Being on a concert tour, we had no choice in the accommodations and we survived this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I left with my tour group from Arizona today, as we are performing concerts in Bulgaria and Turkey. We spent three nights at the Hotel Lepizig. There are a number of aspects I really liked about this hotel and I really wanted to give it four stars, but it didn't quite make it. I really liked the colorful interior and decor, somewhat reminsicent of my favorite hotel chain mentioned above.. Somewhat, but not equivalent.. The elevators left something to be desired, something I suppose is not unusual when a large tour group descends on a not so large hotel. My room in most respects was quite attractive, unless you hate garish decor. The screwy things were in the bathroom - a loose faucet and mold around the edge of the bathtub. But the design of the bathtub, shower curtain, and shower head was a disaster. Water would flow out around the edge of the tub from the shower, running all over the floor, which at least had a drain. The buffet breakfast was pretty good, except for the watery orange juice out of a machine and the not so great coffee out of another machine.
The management arranged to provide us a dinner after our concert, and evedently they thought they were doing us a favor. The room looked nice, and the salad was good, but then we waited nearly an hour longer after 10pm for the main course, which was chicken with room temp vegetables. I then had had enough and went to bed. I heard dessert was pretty good, but they did not have their act together serving this late dinner. We did enjoy the city of Plovdiv.

Room Tip: Bulgaria is really a nice country, but some of the hotel standards are not what you might be expecti...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I just stayed at Hotel Leipzig for several nights. It is a large communist era hotel with a Casino on the ground floor and with very bright orange, red, and pink colors, and lots of glass and chrome furniture. The room was large with great light and good views. Air conditioning was little weak. There were two separate twin beds, which was a little odd, since we were clearly a couple and no one asked.... but of course our Bulgarian is rather limited.

If you are arriving at the bus station it is a fairly easy walk straight north on Ruski Boulevard, so it is easy to find and get to (especially if you are not used to the Cyrillic Alphabet). The hotel is not 4 star level (who gives these stars, anyway?) but it has great views of the city, a decent breakfast, and a staff that tries to be helpful with limited English. A little pricey for what you get.

I guess I would call it a business traveller hotel. It is a little far to get from Hotel Leipzig to the historic center, and there are lots of other choices there - but not as convenient to the bus station. So not wonderful; not bad; a solid functional choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple