“One of the best hotels, not only in Bulgaria”
Review of mOdus Hotel

mOdus Hotel
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Varna
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Staying two nights in Modus Hotel in Varna with my wife, I experienced whatever a customer should experience in any hotel: excellent service, competent and smiling personnel, exceptional facilities, excellent restaurant and all that in one of the most stylish hotels I have ever stayed (it's worth to mention: without any exaggeration). On top of that in a very friendly environment and with very good prices.
I strongly suggest it.
I wish Hotel Management to keep it in the current level.

Room Tip: Whatever room is beatiful, different from the other; it's experience to "taste" them a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgios M
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you for sharing your experience and being so kind. On behalf of the entire staff and myself I express our appreciation for the motivating review. We are determined to carry on with the job well done in favour of all our guests!
Looking forward to welcoming you again at mOdus hotel!

mOdus hotel

There are newer reviews for mOdus Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night on a work trip to Varna. We arrived to the best service we have received anywhere in Bulgaria (best of any restaurant, hotel anything) - the people here are genuinely lovely and very service oriented. The hotel is fantastic - rooms are well designed. There is a small underground car park if you're driving.
Only low points - the gym is tiny and almost un-usable. The treadmill didn't work when we were there. However, the sauna is fine. When we ordered (quite carefully we thought!) poached eggs for breakfast, we got what looked like deep fried eggs!
Because the rest of our experience here was SO good, I could overlook the gym and eggs (normally both very important to me!) and give them a 5 out of 5.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Vicky_TR

Thank you kindly for booking your stay with us and for posting your comments. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at mOdus hotel and show that we have already taken care of the issues mentioned and furthermore we have implemented more strict monitoring procedures in order to provide all our guests with services of highest quality.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

First impact with hotel-fast and smily check-in, impecable cleanness in room, friendly and helpfull staff.
Breakfast was as at home-everything you like to eat at breakfast, made as by your grandma:)
In terms of location-i can't find better located hotel in Varna-both in city center but facing the Sea Garden, almost in the park. Relaxed and very professional staff, congratulations to all of them and the management!
I can't find anything to advice, you'r just great!

Slava

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Slava T
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the audience of Tripadvisor.com. It is our pleasure and duty to provide the best service for our guests and prove our reputation over and over again. Our true reward, however, is to come across reviews like yours where we can feel the appreciation and that's what keeps us doing our best and serve all our guests with a smile.
Looking foward to welcoming you again in the nearest future!

Reviewed 6 November 2011

because of an unexpected cancellation for another hotel in Varna ,we were referred to the Modus hotel manager Mr Deyan Kolev,which proved to be the best thing that could have happened. The Modus and all the staff wereprofessional,helpful and friendly.The facilities spotless,comfortable to a high standard. Food was excellent, exceptional breakfast,coffee and drinks available,complimentary water and chocolate in rooms(replaced daily) robes and slippers provided . Modus is a "Must".

Room Tip: Views of the sea park are best
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank summerwinedurham
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you so very much for your positive comments and for being so kind and friendly during your stay at mOdus hotel. Due to the unexpected development of the circumstances you have become, more or less, insiders of the operation at the hotel and I greatly appreciate your time and efforts to post such a wonderful review. On behalf of the entire staff and myself I'd like to express our commitment to continuously strivie to offer the best service and guest experience.
It was a great pleasure having you with us!
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed here due to the reviews and was extremely glad. The hotel is such a nice place to stay, rooms are huge, gourmet breakfast and all staff especially Jenny were so helpful, all so proud of the hotel they were employed in. Did not want to leave it was so nice. We have been travelling for 12 years and have only 5 hotels which rate so highly and the Modus would have to be #1.

Booked through expedia for 89aud a night, did not eat at the Bistro however if breakfast was any indication I am sure it would be great.

Loved Bulgaria however would avoid Sofia very poor accommodation compared to Plovdiv and Varna.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jockeygirl
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

It is always a great feeling to read a review as good as yours and at the same time it is hard to find the right words to thank you enough for being so kind and positive. Our doors are wide open for you and we all remain at your services upon future visit at mOdus hotel.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Although I had to cancel my first night there, I was lucky enough to stay at least one day. Reception and staff are more than eager to help for any request. I was upgraded to a double room (instead of a single) as weekends there is availability.
I was amazed with the ergonomic spacious room and view from the balcony. Best value for money in town. I will definitely stay there in my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bATMAN07
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much on behalf of all employees, management and the owners of mOdus hotel. We value your opinion and we greatly appreciate it. Your satisfaction as a guest of mOdus hotel is our main goal and we all thank you for your time and efforts to share your experience with the visitors ot this very special site.
Looking forward to having you with us in the nearest future.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Ah, the mOdus- yet another amazing stay. My parents came to Bulgaria to visit, and Varna was a stop on our roadtrip. This was my third time in Varna, and staying at a non-mOdus hotel never even crossed my mind. I had stayed here once before, and then at the Musala Palace London once for work- which is "nice" but frumpy. If you're over 65 and fussy- stay there. If you're young-ish and care about design, the mOdus is your place. The location is fantastic- right across from the Sea Garden and just a block away from the main pedestrian street (get tapas at Bodega, you won't be sorry!). The service is impeccable, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed, the beds are comfortable, the bath products are nice, the breakfast is delicious and the price is not too expensive. This hotel would cost you 3x as much in the US, that's how nice it is. I didn't know this beforehand, but they do have about 3 parking spots for the hotel- we found a spot on the street and didn't find out about the hotel parking until we checked in. There's also free WiFi, which is fast. My only complaint is that there isn't a mOdus in every major city in Bulgaria.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank briguy2012
GM-modushotel, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review! In my humble opinion this is by far the most hilarious comment I've seen lately! We are very motivated by your opinion being shared on this popular and trusted site and we vow to keep the good job for you - our valued guests.
We all will be delighted to have the privilege of welcoming you again at mOdus hotel!
Best regards,