“Chic Boutique”
Review of mOdus Hotel

mOdus Hotel
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Varna
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The Modus Hotel is a chic little boutique hotel. The rooms are tastefully modern, though somewhat minimalistic. The staff was very friendly. Meals and drinks in the restaurant bar were the best we had in Bulgaria. This gem is nicely located near the park and sea.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KatStPete
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear KatStPete,

Thank you for the nice review here on TripAdvisor! It is indeed a great pleasure to find that you have enjoyed your stay at mOdus hotel, the service and the facilities.

We are looking forward to having you with us again in the future!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Modus hotel is a design and style jewel not only for Varna, but for all Bulgarian Black Sea coast. Both a business hitel and a leisure place it is astonishing how much care, attention to detail and professional touch the owners have added to everything- staff, kitchen, hygiene, anbiance........spotless, amazing and simoly perfect in every sense.

Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank vertuBg
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear vertuBg,

With all honesty, your comment left me speachless, although I thougt I knew how to use the words as I please. Now I seriously strive to find the right words to thank you for the magnificent review on behalf of the Owners, the Staff and myself. Our sense of responsibility towards our guests will make us do our best to deserve such kindness and prove our reputataion.

I'm sincerely looking forward to seeing you at mOdus again. It will be a true pleasure!

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in the central part of the town. Nice furnished in Italian style and very clean. The apartments are marvelous. The service is very good. This is my third stage there and they ale always perfect. The restaurant is not good.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Ivanmil
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Ivanmil,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the TA community. On behalf of everybody at mOdus hotel I extend our appreciation for the motivating comments and we are all very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Please consider giving our restaurant another try to prove its good reputation!

Thank you once again for being our loyal guest!

General Manger

Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I booked the mOdushotel because we had heard very good reports about it, in fact, we had not heard a single bad word about it which from personal experience is quite unusual.

Our arrival was quite unusual because having asked for a taxi from a restaurant earlier in the day we were offered a lift to the door by Stoyan, the young friend of our waiter. When we offered to pay on arrival he declined to accept any cash & explained that he had enjoyed practicing his spoken English.

Anyway we were greeted in reception by a very polite and helpful member of the mOdus hotel staff and swiftly checked in. Our room was fantastic, warm, comfortable and very tasteful. We decided to eat in at the bistro which boasted a fantastic menu & we were not disappointed, the meal was quite out of this world & exceptionally good value, as was the wine. The service could not be faulted either. Oh' I almost forgot to mention the pre dinner cocktails that were perfectly and expertly mixed for us.

When we eventually retired later that evening we both slept soundly in probably one of the most comfortable beds ever, there was even a very discreet 'turn down' service that was just that little bit special and made us feel truely pampered.

There was no rush to vacate the room the following morning and we were invited to partake of the most incredible breakfast that I for one have ever tasted in Bulgaria & I have tried many over the years (we tend to fly back and forth to the UK every six weeks or so) and my only regret is that we had not stumbled on the mOdus hotel before, several years before to be precise. But anyway, we will certainly be returning, everything was just perfect & I would recommend staying there and dining in without any hesitation whatsoever. Congratulations to the owners and many thanks to all the staff who made our brief stay so tremendously enjoyable 5 stars from Neville & Jill Pettitt UK and see you again soon.

Room Tip: We did not try the gym or sauna but they looked the business and we will certainly give them a try n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank nevicpet
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Neville & Jill Pettitt,

It's such a pleasure reading your review! I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good and motivating words that will fuel us to keep moving forward.
It's a wonderful feeling being blessed with such lovely guests!
We all can't wait to welcome you again at mOdus hotel as soon as possible!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We visited mOdus Hotel Friday and Saturday 15.03 -16.03.2013.
It was a business trip and we couldn't have chosen a better place!
Wonderful staff, very professorial, friendly and smiling.
Hotel is gorgeous rooms are beautiful clean and spacious.
The lobby is not too big nor too small but bright and designed with taste.
Restaurant serves delicious meals and the coffee and sweets is a definite must try.
My regards to the manager and his team everyone and everything was BRILLIANT !!!
We are definetly looking forward to come back again next season!
Keep up the good work and thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
Pavel Pavlov
Entertainment Manager
Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort
And Friends

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PPavlov
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Mr. Pavlov,

I happily take this oportunity to thank you for your fabulous review! It is my true pleasure to hear from the perspective of a professional that we have succeeded it our attempt to create pleasant and amiable atmosphere in our hotel. The manager's job can be very rewarding, when one can count on each and every member of the team to do their best and turn any event into a complete success. Please rest assured that your comments will be communicated to the staff accordingly.
Please consider visiting us again soon, we will be delighted to have you at mOdus hotel!

I remain at your services for anyt assistance that you may need!

Sincerely yours,

General Manger

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was staying in varna for a week during my vacation. I booked a room in the Modus hotel, that a friend of mine told me about. She asked me "have you ever been in paradise" so i decided to follow her advice. I had a great time with the quality services of the hotel. It's the best place for you to rest, or for your business trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Antoaneta D
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Antoaneta,

Thank you so much for this inspiriting review!
You kind words are very motvating for all of us in our attempt to deliver the ultimate service for our guests. Have we succeeded in our endeavour to create an unique experience? I'd like to believe that the answer is "Yes" but at the same time we realize that staying on top takes whole lot of energy and creativity. With the help and support of guests like you, we are ready to face the challenges of thinking "outside the box" in our ambition to keep you visiting mOdus hotel as long as you feel at home with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the nearest future, It will be our true pleasure having you!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed in Modus during a business trip to Varna and our international partners and I we`e very pleased with our stay. The rooms we`er spacious, very modern, each furnished with attention to the smallest detail. I liked a lot the fresh apple, left every day by my bed. The rooms were clean and very well equipped. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The location - perfect, right in front the big park and very close to the beach (and one of my favorite beach bars in Varna).
The hotel itself is relatively small, but very cozy and with great design. I hope i will have the chance to visit it again next summer, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Maria A
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Maria A,

Thank you so much for the lovely review, posted here on TripAdvisor!
We take great deal of pride when our approach and efforts are being praised in such sweet manner. Thus we are fueled with enthusiasm and energy to continue serving our guests the best way we can and deliver the ultimate experience.
Please consider visiting us again soon, it will be our privilege to offer you our hospitality!

Best regards,