“Only the price are 5 star”
Review of Hilton Sibiu

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Sibiu
Cluj County, Romania
“Only the price are 5 star”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel Staff completly lacking basic training. Wireless do not work on apple devices. Jacuzzi area and the swimming pool smeling horrible. The spa receptionists not helpfull. In the rooms there are not face towels and vanity set. Tv in the room works badly, the remote control it doesn't work from 2 m. The parking system is not user friendly. The restaurant Camara boierului is ok, good food and good service.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank VeraFarfuridi
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

Your opinion is very important for us and we would like to thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies due to the fact that we could not meet all your expectations. We understand that your listed issues shadowed your entire stay.

We regret very much that various areas of the hotel such as spa ,the parking, the in room tv and amenties were not according your expectations.
We take very serious your survey posted here and we use it to improve all our guests experiences.

Thank you for recommending our Romanian restaurant and its offerings.

We would be pleased to welcoming you back soon,

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have spent 3 nights during the New Year s Eve in Hilton Sibiu and like always everything was perfect for us!
I was accommodated in a new renovated room which was very large and with a nice view.
Even if I didn't participate to the New Years party, I can confirm that the atmosphere was special.
I want to thank to the entire staff for the professional standards.

I definitely will look forward to come back soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this review, 17 March 2014

Greetings from Hilton Sibiu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this fantastic review on Tripadvior.

With pleasure I read that you enjoyed your last stay with us On the New Year's Eve like all our stays with us and that our services and facilities met your expectations. I also greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our staff, the rooms and the view and the New Year's Eve party even if you did not participate at it. I gladly shared your kind words with the entire team.

Dear Guest, thank you once again for your review and I am very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Sibiu soon.

Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here and I felt that I was looked after by all members of staff. This is how you should feel in a 5* hotel.
I've emailed them some requests and everything was in place when I've arrived.

Really enjoyed the reception area, especially one of the paintings ( Good Choice)

Good spa and pool facilities, after a good meal at the Camara Boerului you really need half an hour in the spa...

You really need to try the food @ Camara Boerului as it was one of the best Traditional meals I ever had, good atmosphere and extremely friendly staff.

I can't wait to go back, so ... see you soon :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mihai M
Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. and taking time to review us here on Tripadvisor.

We were pleased to read your positive feedback about our staff, the reception area, the spa, the pool and our romanian restaurant. Furthermore, it was such a pleasure to see that our employees,left a very positive impression and made your stay unforgettable.

Anytime that you are travelling to Sibiu we are more than honored to have you as our Guest.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel in itself is beautiful but too far from the city if you plan to visit The nice town of Sibiu. All the others main hotel are right down in the city center so why?
In our room the toilet seat was moody and the hygiene around the pool area doubtful. When it comes to the in house restaurant I don't even know where to start, the terrible service or the even worse food for an incredibly expensive restaurant. Not near good enough for a Hilton hotel.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Julien P
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a note regarding your recent visit at the Hilton Sibiu.

Coming back to your overall evaluation however I am sorry to learn that your visit did not entirely fulfill your expectations and I truly regret the described impression received.

Especially your comments regarding our location, restaurant experience and pool area came as a surprise to me, as all our hotel offers a high standard . Therefore I am truly sorry for the inconveniences caused and allow me to assure you that this isolated incident certainly does not reflect the hotel nor services our guests may expect from us.

I have personally evaluated every single point with the respective department head in order to review our Hotel and to avoid such re-occurrences in the future.

Thank you once again for your truly valuable feedback as this helps us to continuously review our services and to better adjust them to our guests needs.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 15 February 2014

nice hotel, good service, impressive rooms
Price no so high
good breakfast
few restaurants in site of hotel, one of them very nice with very good food and service
not center of town
parking 10 lei
in total very nice place

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlexeySt
Dear valued Guest,

It is a true pleasure for me and for the entire team to see here posted on Tripadvisor, for all the travellers to see that you had an excellent stay with us. We are glad to see that we manage to deliver our excellent guest service in terms of Hotel, Restaurant , costumer service that you realy appreciated.
Do not hesitate for your next visit in Sibiu to contact us to make the most out of your stay.

Sincerly,
dej, Romania
Reviewed 22 January 2014

all the time is a pleasure to stay in Hilton Sibiu - good area, near to forest, very good breakfast, spa, pool, quiet zone suitable for rest, all servicies with a high level. Also english bar is a zone for relax with good drinks. For a very good experience with romanian food I'd like to recoman Camara Boierului restaurant, in Hilton's garden.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Daniel S
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a real pleasure for me and for our entire staff to see that you posted here on Tripadvisor this
overwhelming review, for all the travelers to see that our Hotel manages to bring the best hospitality for all our Guests.
We appreciate the nice words about the location, our breakfast,our services, the English Bar, and about our romanian restaurant.
When you plan to visit us again it will be or pleasure to have you as our Guest.

Warm regards
Reviewed 15 January 2014

don't bother... pictures look great but a hotel's performance depends also on its customer service. We were overcharged with no attempt made by local property manager to rectify the situation. We reached out to Hilton Corp. but were told that - also they disagree with the local management's decision - we are at the mercy of the Romania location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Travel2Adventure
ADRIAN O, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sibiu, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for joining TripAdvisor again to post a second review of our hotel.

It is with great regret that we learn of your stay, as this is not the experience that we intend for any of our guests. We take all reviews very seriously and will be certain to share your feedback with our management team so that we can resolve the matter you have brought to our attention.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to quality hospitality.

Yours sincerely